JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I don't like carrying ID with my street address on it. If I'm knocked in the head by a thug, they can get my house keys and my ID with address (drivers license and CC permit). OR if you lose the CC permit whoever finds it has a good idea that address has guns.

I see no reason to put street address on a CC permit. Police can pull it up instantly and get your address from the number - it has your photo, name, town - that's enough.

In fact, why carry a CC permit at all if you have a drivers license - the electronic CC permit could be seen by police when you hand them your DL.

Why make it easier for criminals to know where guns are stored?

Ditto car registration - there is no need to print the street address on it. If it's in your car, and you go to a trailhead for a hike, or to hunt, a thief could get the address, call his buddy near your house and say "This guy is in the woods - quick, rob his house."

Why does the government endanger us needlessly?

If the trailhead scenario is a significant concern, put your vehicle documentation someplace other than the standard locations, e.g., glovebox, or over the driver's visor, but perhaps in your wallet so it isn't in the vehicle.

Of course, since by your own admission, your situational awareness of your surroundings apparently is weak since in your scenario the thug rapped you in the head knocking you out, i would personally worry more bout the loss of your mighty fine sidearm you always carry along with you to accompany your CC permit/license & DL in your wallet while out and about.

How bout, you leave your mighty fine sidearm, wallet, money, and such in the small safe you installed in your vehicle so the nasty thug won't have your residence address after knocking you out. Remember there is no mandate for citizens to physically carry their 'papers' while out and about. [course, if rapped severely enough by the thug, lack of id might hinder notification of next of kin]

As for the state government's issuance of a separate piece of paper for your CC license/permit & vehicle the concept centers around greed, the support of individual agency profit centers.

With the interwebs these days, all a do bad needs is your name.

But yah, I hear what your saying.

IDs always on us. Vehicles are "reasonably sterile" for when hiking/back country. Either reg & insurance are with us in a pack, or in a secluded lock box. Depends which vehicle.

...I think the South Africans had a side flame thrower car alarm system a while back...just sayin'...

I don't like carrying ID with my street address on it. If I'm knocked in the head by a thug, they can get my house keys and my ID with address (drivers license and CC permit).

If you are knocked in the head by a thug while CC, then you need to go back to tactical awareness training and reevaluate why this happened.

OR if you lose the CC permit whoever finds it has a good idea that address has guns.

Alarms..these things that detect intrusion and send texts, e mails and phone notifications. $ 500 to install and $ 25.00 per month.

What you've really got to be worried about is some whores blowing some Devil's Breath in yo face down in whore town and making you a sock puppet. lol

Would there be any downsides to removing the street address from CHLs, car registrations, and drivers licenses? CHLs and DLs have your photo, town, and name. On the very rare occasions when I need to show someone my street address I'll bring a piece of recently delivered mail and show that.

Some reason this thread made me think of the movie Eurotrip.

004EUT_Scott_Mechlowicz_033.jpg

Would there be any downsides to removing the street address from CHLs, car registrations, and drivers licenses? CHLs and DLs have your photo, town, and name. On the very rare occasions when I need to show someone my street address I'll bring a piece of recently delivered mail and show that.
The thug will just strangle you until you tell him all the goods.
so there's that, lol

What you've really got to be worried about is some whores blowing some Devil's Breath in yo face down in whore town and making you a sock puppet. lol

I only watched from 29:00 on. It was good - the guy admits to murder! Your point is well taken - my original comment about being knocked in the head is just one way you could be taken advantage of - evil people do evil things - that's why they call 'em evil people. :) I just can't recommend carrying around your street address, putting you, your family if you have one, and the general public at risk when there is no need to do it. Why do stupid shi+?

I just can't recommend carrying around your street address, putting you, your family if you have one, and the general public at risk when there is no need to do it. Why do stupid shi+?

I guess if your own home location and your preparation to defend it and your family are lacking you could consider that stupid sh*t. I have driveway alarms, house alarms, cameras, German Shepard, CC, quick access to a LOT of firepower and the training and willingness to use it if need be.

You idea would have appealed to me in my younger days, and not having that address on the DL would have been good. It would have made that police officer work a bit harder to find me if he had questions about some supposed illegal drag racing that I knew absolutely nothing about.

I don't think its as big a concern as some do. Nothing is private, nothing is safe. Cameras GPS tag photos by default now, and if you upload to a cloud of any sort, you're just a hack away from a thief's payday.

The address is on there for government purposes, not for our safety. Best solution? Constitutional carry. Second best, a sticker or endorsement on your driver license. But then people would fault that.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top