JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Exactly! Quality control comes at a price. Lot of great m4 rifles out there not saying colt is the best but just defending against those saying they are junk.
True. But the majority of the cost comes from cosmetics, fit and finish, etc. I already said colts were decent guns. All I am saying is their price point doesn't match the product. For example, I've walked radians QC and I've bought some of their products. I understand their price point. But will a radian out work an aero... I'd say no. You're buying a look or name at the end. Now yea a psa barrel or something like that is junk. I agree on that. But when you can buy an aero upper and lower and throw in a radian BCG, geissele trigger, and high end barrel your gun will compete with any "high end Gucci gun" and at half the price.

Did your company ever get a contract with the military? I have and I can tell you the military is the most demanding customer you will ever do business with. Military standards for everything from small arms to combat aircraft are the strictest in the world.

Money has something to do with it too.

I stand by my statement. Take their AR's out of the equation for a second. Tell me what they make that's good quality or even innovative for that matter. I'll wait.
They make a very good revolver and a mid to good 1911 are they priced higher because they say colt? Yeah but you could say the same about HK Sig and others

They make a very good revolver and a mid to good 1911 are they priced higher because they say colt? Yeah but you could say the same about HK Sig and others

Their new revolvers, specifically the new Pythons, are junk. Google search them, it's amusing.

And if you read these post people have said they are junk. Their some great m4s out there (windham comes to mind) that cost less and will perform just as good as a colt or DD but what you get with a colt is assurance. It all depends on how you value it

And if you read these post people have said they are junk. Their some great m4s out there (windham comes to mind) that cost less and will perform just as good as a colt or DD but what you get with a colt is assurance. It all depends on how you value it

No they are not, but what they is THE "yard stick" by which all other will be measured, the benchmark if you will and as far as I know that has not and most likely will not change.

If I could find a LE6920 for a REASONABLE price I would buy one in a heartbeat. Yes, I say "Colt sucks" in my title but I'm also not stupid.

This thread got some folks talking about guns instead of COVID or politics, mission accomplished. ;)

If I could find a LE6920 for a REASONABLE price I would buy one in a heartbeat. Yes, I say "Colt sucks" in my title but I'm also not stupid.

What is reasonable? Right now the lowest I've seen for a while is $1200, not the that long ago Brownells sold complete lowers for $244 shipped. They just had uppers for $550. I would definitely rather have an $800 Colt over a $500 PSA if my tail was on the line.

True. But the majority of the cost comes from cosmetics, fit and finish, etc. I already said colts were decent guns. All I am saying is their price point doesn't match the product. For example, I've walked radians QC and I've bought some of their products. I understand their price point. But will a radian out work an aero... I'd say no. You're buying a look or name at the end. Now yea a psa barrel or something like that is junk. I agree on that. But when you can buy an aero upper and lower and throw in a radian BCG, geissele trigger, and high end barrel your gun will compete with any "high end Gucci gun" and at half the price.

I've attended the same armorer class as the folk from Radian back when they were still in Salem and comparing their products to PSA or Aero is like the ol' proverbial comparison of apples to oranges. Cosmetics, fit and finish are the the least of it and really the last things that matter on an AR.

I have a few questions! So if you make a product... you sell it for a specific dollar amount... something happens that forces you to restructure your business... you continue to make the product but economics changes dramatically...

are you going to still make it for the same price? Are you going to make it with the same quality? Do you give your employees a pay raise? How do you avoid the greed of turning a profit without having compromise?

If the original creator of the product is that much more superior than why is the Norinco MAK 90 priced "on average," more than an Kalashnikov Concern AK?

help me understand!:D:)

I've attended the same armorer class as the folk from Radian back when they were still in Salem and comparing their products to PSA or Aero is like the ol' proverbial comparison of apples to oranges. Cosmetics, fit and finish are the the least of it and really the last things that matter on an AR.
No $hit. My point is that the heart of the gun is the BCG, trigger, and barrel. But a lot of time is put into their cosmetics. They have high end components. I know that. That's not what I was arguing. All I am saying is you could take those 3 components put them in a aero and you would be set. Radians are super nice rifles. I know I have owned a model one and shot plenty.

I kinda feel like "what have you done for me lately" about Colt. I understand the history and that they used to be the benchmark. Not sure how true that is anymore. It kinda seems like the industry moved on without them.

I don't think they suck, I do think their standing on their name recognition and legacy is wearing a little thin.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA
Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top