JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
It up to each individual user if they want it buy a colt firearm or not. I have never owned any colts does it make me a bad person? I was looking at the FNH not making SLP or pump shotgun anymore. When I look at the discontinued firearms on the FNH website they are all on the list now.

It up to each individual user if they want it buy a colt firearm or not. I have never owned any colts does it make me a bad person? I was looking at the FNH not making SLP or pump shotgun anymore. When I look at the discontinued firearms on the FNH website they are all on the list now.
That gas fed FN 12g is nice

If you think Colts suck....wait till I tell ya how bad Glocks suck....:eek: :D

Modern guns work and have their place....
Since not everyone has the intellect to understand , as well as the skill to handle a flintlock or percussion firearm.....:D

( Just kidding here with the above....:D )

Use and enjoy what you like in the world of firearms....just use and enjoy them safely.
Andy

wait... colts still a thing?

Colt says:

6F29119D-862E-415F-BAD4-33C89E3B6F42.png

I bought my first gun ever in 2017. It was a Colt Defender. If you've been around here since then you've likely heard of my problems with the gun (FTE mostly, with some follow-up FTF). It has a rough 95% success rate for feeding another round after going bang.

I'm new enough to firearms that didn't seem so bad, until I thought about the possibility of that 5% failure rate occurring in a life/death situation.

I desperately wanted to like that gun.

Much of the advice I received was blind criticism of my grip. "Blind" because this is the internet and nobody was there when I shot it to verify my supposed "limp-wristing" of the gun.

A few months later, business was going well and so I could afford a new pistol. This time I went with a S&W 1911 SC, a 4.25" barrel, a bob-cut (rounded on the back-end) grip, and an external extractor. Had one FTF on the first magazine. Since then it's been absolutely flawless – a perfect record of going bang each time.

But I still long for a shorter barrel 1911 for personal defense. I'm looking at Armscor Rock Ultra CS in 45ACP. Unfortunately any purchase will have to wait for more favorable personal finances.

I still have my Defender and shoot it whenever I get a chance. It feels great in the hand and shoots great… when it shoots.

It's only one Colt, and it may in fact be a lemon. But with all the competition today, a gun manufacturer only gets one shot, if you will, to get it right. For me, Colt failed the test.

I bought my first gun ever in 2017. It was a Colt Defender. If you've been around here since then you've likely heard of my problems with the gun (FTE mostly, with some follow-up FTF). It has a rough 95% success rate for feeding another round after going bang.

I'm new enough to firearms that didn't seem so bad, until I thought about the possibility of that 5% failure rate occurring in a life/death situation.

I desperately wanted to like that gun.

Much of the advice I received was blind criticism of my grip. "Blind" because this is the internet and nobody was there when I shot it to verify my supposed "limp-wristing" of the gun.

A few months later, business was going well and so I could afford a new pistol. This time I went with a S&W 1911 SC, a 4.25" barrel, a bob-cut (rounded on the back-end) grip, and an external extractor. Had one FTF on the first magazine. Since then it's been absolutely flawless – a perfect record of going bang each time.

But I still long for a shorter barrel 1911 for personal defense. I'm looking at Armscor Rock Ultra CS in 45ACP. Unfortunately any purchase will have to wait for more favorable personal finances.

I still have my Defender and shoot it whenever I get a chance. It feels great in the hand and shoots great… when it shoots.

It's only one Colt, and it may in fact be a lemon. But with all the competition today, a gun manufacturer only gets one shot, if you will, to get it right. For me, Colt failed the test.

Keep in mind, just about every manufacturer has issues making small 1911s reliable.

Upcoming Events

Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top