JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Obviously some of you don't understand the severity of the scenario :s0112::s0112: The very first thing that must be done is take care of anything you have on ice. There will be no ice. My plan is to use what ice I can with my bourbon. Once I take care of my stock I won't give a hoot about what happens then:s0155::s0114::s0114:

jj

You just talked me into moving to Alaska.

accopy-1.jpg

How many times has that happened in the history of the United States, or anywhere in the developed world, "without warning"?

I don't recall ever hearing that it has happened in the civilized world but that's not saying it can't happen. I imagine that a real world senario would be the media whipping everything up into a frenzy making a bad sitiuation much worse.

20 years ago i lived in Northern Idaho had 80 acres as far away from people as you can get in the Pacific Northwest. I learned a lot about survival with out power water and store bought food. My peers in the mountains were ex military mostly and others who had been raised to utilize the land to live. I found out pretty fast that no one can live and survive for long with out some reliance on others. I also learned that when and if the time came that there was a collapse of social order my first worry would be the people i had come to know in the woods. They would be my first concern. Survival means just that, its every man for themselves. If you are not family you are a threat. The other thing is the weather. No one is going to live for long in the woods with out a shelter that includes heat. Which means you most stay put for a period of time. Staying in a fixed place for any length of time increases the chances that you will be discovered by others attempting to survive. There are no friendlies in a survival situation. It is a great romantic idea that one could live off the land. But the truth is even the mountain men of the past never lived with out support from things they could not make or find in the wilderness. All the guns in the world are not going to make you safe. Sooner or latter you are going to be out gunned or out planned. I spent 6 years in the Mountains of Idaho went 6 months with out talking or seeing another human being i learned that the one thing more than anything else that i needed to survive was people. My plan should the crap hit the fan is to stay put enjoy my family and hope for the best with enough food water and shelter for 2 months here in the city. I wish all of you who think you are going to make it in the hills good luck. Remember this last winter, rain all day every day for 9 months. You will be dead from sickness, starvation or killed by all the other nuts playing Rambo in the woods. Its only a fool who thinks he is the smartest craftiest quickest.

I would have a meeting of the local community, I would enroll people to contribute to my plan which would require radios, heavy equipment, fuel and some "Other Stuff" needed to fortify our AO. This would require 72-140 work hours. Next would be the division and assignment of security elements establishment of range cards for each location radio freqs, call signs, parking areas, shift rotations,force sustainment, training, training, training.

Obviously some of you don't understand the severity of the scenario :s0112::s0112: The very first thing that must be done is take care of anything you have on ice. There will be no ice. My plan is to use what ice I can with my bourbon. Once I take care of my stock I won't give a hoot about what happens then:s0155::s0114::s0114:

jj

I guess I'm golden then. As a tequila drinker I not only don't require refrigeration, but in a TEOTWAWKI, I have no need of water, or other mixers, and by drinking generously straight from the bottle can easily become invisible and bulletproof as well.

I'm confused as to what good it would do to put yourself at risk by going to a supermarket with a bunch of really scared people around.

For things you should already have stock piled

When the employees of the stores will have gone home to implement their own plans

Because the cash registers don't work anyway....without electricity

Just a couple of thoughts.

Oh and who will you be praying to? Anyone who could have prevented this in the first place? Someone who lets millions of children die on the side of the road,in Africa?

Dollar store ftw.

And don't blame God for the mess this world is. She gave us all the resources we need to feed and take care of everyone, the bubblegumstorm we're facing is of our own making. And are you doing anything to feed the children dying on the side of the road in Africa? How about closer to home?

First move, contact and locate family members, ensure everyone is home or in route, initiate the church emergency radio tree, then start checking on the neighbors offering assistance and organizing the neighborhood, communicate any immediate medical emergencies to the group ham operators, gather information and develop contingency plans A, B, and C.

We are blessed to be part of a good sized church affiliated emergency preparedness group, and Prayers do help!!!!!!!!!!

I guess people should first take care of what they have, then figure out what they will do when it runs out. It will all run out.

jj

knock over rite aid to get as much meds for my wife as possible (anti rejection for transplant ) then off to albertsons for canned goods and non perishables and batteries . then home to guard my family and goodies.

There is a problem with that plan. Immediately following an 'event' Albertson stores will close, lock, and abandon stores. Park company vehicles in front of entrances where possible. Under Executive orders the government gets all the stock. Don't believe that? Ask any Albertson's regional manager. I talked to one and asked.

Those that believe when SHTF that they will THEN strut down to a store and get what they need to survive are sorely mistaken.

You had better stock up on as much of that anti-rejection medication as you can right now because you will NOT have access to it post-SHTF.

The National Guard and Police will not be out to protect or help you. Their purpose will be to help hoard assets for FEMA.

If the S truly HTF ... we are all screwed anyway . Temporary shutdown of normal supply lines is survivable , permanent, back to the
stone age , type of scenario is a different deal . Very few people have the skills , health , and luck that will be required to thrive in that
kind of situation . Our society isn't prepared for the realities of life in that situation . Just because a person does well in elk camp for 5 or 6 days
with plenty of cookies and propane from home does not mean that they are a mountain man ready to forge a new life in the wilderness .

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews