JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I wanted to share my recent experience with this item in case others might be interested in adding it to a First Aid Kit (FAK).

I added this product to my FAK several years ago but had not had a need to use it until now.

After testing the sharpness of a knife by slicing the tip of a finger :), I first used a plain bandaid to staunch the bleeding and to keep pressure on the wound.

After about 12 hours, I removed the bandaid and applied three thin coats of the Liquid Bandaid product. There was no "sting" or any sensation when applying the liquid to the wound. It took about 15 minutes to apply the three coats.

With about 6 hours post-application I'm impressed with the durability of the product. I've been doing a variety of tasks (like typing) that have employed the finger with the wound and there is no sensitivity, no bleeding, and the product is nearly invisible.

So far, I'm happy with it and will add it to my other FAKs (camp, Get Home Bag, etc).

One thing I do with any paste or liquid I put in a FAK is to place the product in a ziploc style bag, depending on the space available that ziploc type bag is a heavy freezer type, sometimes -- as in this FAK--- it's a thinner "snack" type because that's what will fit.

My travel FAK is designed for work travel in disaster affected areas where my job assignment has me traveling alone. I may encounter someone who needs assistance sooner than might be provided in a post-disaster environment or I may need to use it on myself.

The kit had to be small and light enough to pack easily in a carry on bag (to keep the bag within airline weight limits), then it is transfered to a 40 liter backpack and carried daily when working.

Pix of my travel FAK:

Thanks for the info, I have played with all sorts of products and while I still carry commercial bandaids and bandages my go too is electrical tape to wrap a wound and super glue to weld skin shut.
I also use the super glue to fill painfull seasonal cracking and splitting on my hands.
Also if you have a hangnail that youve removed but the wound still hurts I fill that to cover the open nerves.

Heres some pics of how my hand splits after being in the cold for a few days in the bush. Just fill those splits with glue.

20200412_201056.jpg 20191021_162914.jpg

Thanks for the info, I have played with all sorts of products and while I still carry commercial bandaids and bandages my go too is electrical tape to wrap a wound and super glue to weld skin shut.
I also use the super glue to fill painfull seasonal cracking and splitting on my hands.
Also if you have a hangnail that youve removed but the wound still hurts I fill that to cover the open nerves.

Heres some pics of how my hand splits after being in the cold for a few days in the bush. Just fill those splits with glue.

View attachment 1065960 View attachment 1065961
+1 for electrical tape.

I've carried Super Glue in kits, but it had dried out by the time I needed it.

I have used it when at home and it was effective.

The Liquid Bandage has not dried out after 3+ years in the FAK. Perhaps that's its value.

I have frequent cracks in my skin on my finger tips. I previously used 3M Skin Crack Care which I could only find locally at Bimart. Bimart quit carrying it so I tried the liquid bandage brand. It works but requires numerous and more frequent applications because it is much thinner in viscosity. I had left my bottle at home on my last cabin trip and had a crack develope on my thumb tip so I grabbed a tube of one use super glue and applied that to my thumb. It held all weekend.

Last Edited:
And if worst comes to worst. I read an article once where a, "Bush Doctor" used large ants to suture a wound closed. He let the ants jaws close across the wound and then sniped off the head. The jaws stayed locked across the wound. :eek:

Personally I'll take , Wound Stop and Super Glue. :)

And if worst comes to worst. I read an article once where a, "Bush Doctor" used large ants to suture a wound closed. He let the ants jaws close across the wound and then sniped off the head. The jaws stayed locked across the wound. :eek:

Personally I'll take , Wound Stop and Super Glue. :)
I saw that in the movie Apocalypto

That's Hollywood. They stole it from National Geographic. :s0092:

In the jet engine shop, we found that small scratches and cuts from safety wire would stop bleeding if you poured JP-4 on them. :) It did sting a bit though. :eek:

If you happen to do something dumb like catch your toe on the corner of the bed or couch and break/crack/tear a toenail, that NewSkin works good at gluing things back in place while it grows back out.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top