JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
As we begin to brainstorm ideas for improving the classified section, I think it's best to start with ideas from our members.

What do you like/dislike?
What would you add/remove?
What new features would you like to see?

I don't know what it is called in 'forum-ease' but a permanent 'form like' entry at the bottom of the new thread where the OP could enter the local, or closest FFL info - such as:

Local FFL -
Hours-
Trf Fee-

This might help the prospective buyer with at least having a destination to carry out the transfer. Just my 2c worth!

Any other ideas guys? I'm a little surprised this isn't three pages long :)

With firearms, any way to categorize them?
Caliber, action type or even price ranges?
I note that because there are times where Ill have $150-450 and am just seeking to buy a new toy just because.

The only reason I ask is, with the search function there seems to be a lot of threads related to the ad but not the ad itself, is there a relevance function to eliminate the filler posts and leave just the ads during the search?

I like the idea of having a section of an OPs ad having the store hours, closest FFL and the BGC/Trans fee! Saves a little time.

I had a Non-Classifieds question to ask about the ''Chat'' feature. Is their a way to break down topics as well as have a ''Private Chat'' :s0131:feature ? For example have the ''Private Chat'' set-up with Topics like the Forum has but make it a ''CHAT ROOM'' ? :s0011:I have seen that on some sites and it is a nice Feature, Thanks JOE.:s0155:

I would like to see a provision where the OP is NOT required to list an 'asking' price - but if he/she chooses not to do so then the thread becomes locked and all responses to the ad will have to be PMd. This way the OP can deal with accepting, refusing or counter offering privately and not have to deal with reading normal followups to the original post. My thinking is this will create an environment where only serious buyers will respond. Sure, the OP will no doubt have to deal with low ball or other possible unrealistic offers but at least he or she will only see them privately and all the rest of us see is the ad. It could also work to the advantage of the buyer in that he/she will have the knowledge no one else is seeing the offer and maybe the seller will be more open to countering and/or suggesting other alternative deals. However if the OP DOES list a price then the thread stays open and continues in the normal manner.

How do I share an opinion without sounding like I'm bellyaching?

Why do sites like this always have to improve? It was easy to navigate before from just one page. Now I have to click on different pages and then navigate from there. Why do the young computer gurus always think more steps is an improvement?

Yep, I'll learn to live with it, but in the Army, I was taught KISS.:confused:

WAYNO.

Last Edited:
I would love to see the reloading section broken down into 2 categories. 1 Equipment,2 Components.

It would also be nice to have a place for SBR and Pistols in a rifle caliber with out a stamp

I would like to see a new forum rule requiring sellers to leave their ads up without removing the prices. This would help people doing research when trying to figure what selling prices are moving.

I would also like to see people warned and disciplined (if repeated) when they do not lock there SOLD items.

Using Firefox mobile on my Droid Max, I do not see the seller's location. I usually have to click on their user profile to find it. Personally I think it would be nice to have it show up magically since some folks forget.

Another thought, is the Porsche forum across the street makes the user provide a minimum amount of info before the post can be submitted...like location, price, and other important info.

My $0.02

1. Being able to list multiple states, not just one state. Most of us live close to the border and would like to sell / trade in WA and OR as part of the listing.

2. Being able to edit header. Sometimes changes are needed, especially speelling errors.

How do I share an opinion without sounding like I'm bellyaching?

Why do sites like this always have to improve? It was easy to navigate before from just one page. Now I have to click on different pages and then navigate from there. Why do the youngsters always think more steps is an improvement?

Yep, I'll learn to live with it, but in the Army, I was taught KISS.:confused:

WAYNO.

Can we make so we can like a post MORE than once? I like this ^^ post twice.:D

You can edit the title there's a tools button in the upper right side of the thread to edit the title I do it sometimes!

Stacy

You can add to a header, you can't take-away I believe.

I've offered this up before and I'll offer it again since you ask @Joe Link - it would really be nice if there was a way to automatically lock an ad after a certain period of time has passed. I've sent responses to numerous ads only to get this response: "Oh, sorry, I sold it already". Waste of time. And since many folks can't seem to be bothered with updating their ad or closing it, would it be possible to set some kind of automatic closure?

What I'm thinking is something like this - if you don't bump/renew your ad every week, for example, a timer starts. After say, 14 to 30 days, depending on the preference, the ad will automatically be closed, unless input from the poster renews it again. Craigslist works like this. If you don't renew, it automatically removes your ad. I'd love to see that here. Otherwise, it's a bunch of clutter.

And here's another idea, though I don't know if it could be done - what if all closed ads were moved into a separate location, so they're not left cluttering up the active ads. If folks wanted to browse past sales, maybe for price research, etc., they could go to the other area. Then, active ads would be all you see in the classifieds. That would save wading through the sometimes long list of closed ads, and it would make it easier to find what you're looking for among the active ads.

giphy.gif

Hi Stacy, you asked me to contact you when I returned from my trip. I am back now and would be happy to have those bullets and whatever else you mentioned for us. I have 9mm, 40mm, 45mm and 44mag. that we are using here.
Thanks again,
Doug

Hi Stacy, you asked me to contact you when I returned from my trip. I am back now and would be happy to have those bullets and whatever else you mentioned for us. I have 9mm, 40mm, 45mm and 44mag. that we are using here.
Thanks again,
Doug

?? :rolleyes:

Status

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show