JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
CLAIM: Psychiatric drugs kill 500K adults annually...

"His scathing analysis will likely prove controversial among traditional medics. However, concern is mounting among doctors and scientists worldwide that psychiatric medication is doing more harm than good. In particular, they say antipsychotic drugs have been over prescribed to many dementia patients in a bid to calm agitated behavior."

Why I bring this up is that several of the high-profile mass murderers were taking such drugs.
... like: Sandy Hook, Columbine, West Nickel Mines Amish School in Lancaster Pennsylvania, and the theater shootings in Aurora Colorado.

But half a million deaths?! wow.

Is that for all western countries? Because that's not what it is in the US. That's about the total deaths from cancer in the US, and deaths from medications isnt near that number.

Look at the Source of that news, and divide by common sense. On the Same page was a lead to an article that Pizza Boxes helps to prevent miscarriage...

I'll look at real medical presentations on the topic, thank you for the humor though

philip

still seems a bit high. I would expect the most in the US and we dont have even close to the majority of those numbers. I agree, not a good source either. CDC is going to have much better data than a Danish scientist.

That being said, there is a tremendous overuse of antipsychotics in the us.

Because we tend not to have large multigenerational family units in the US, old people get send off to nursing homes. They are often highly competitive and do the same thing as any other business - cut quality to maximize profits. That leads to low quality of care and these caregivers would much rather deal with sedated patients. I get requests for sedatives 2-3 times a week from our local nursing home and hardly ever prescribe them since the patient is not at risk to themselves or others.

but it is so much easier to make them vegetable with meds and then ignore them for days at a time.

It does not help that drug companies push these medications so hard to maximize profits either.

Narcotics and other controlled substances are what are killing a ton of people in the US right now.

Deaths from:
Infections that are contracted at med facilities and from med personell and also mis prescribed and or pharmacy error are stats I would like to see also. Accurate one's ???

I had one of the most invasive surgeries possible a few months ago and that weighed on my mind the whole time.
Was more concerned about that than the surgery itself.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top