JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
That is encouraging. And, indeed, our mental health system is completely broken. I've noticed many of the mass shooters have "hit the system" (legal or medical), but were still out and about when they committed their horrible act. Instead they should have been institutionalized and receiving the care they needed.

Is this a case of?

"Attack the gun. Not the problem."

Ohhhh…...
But the politicians say that it's a gun problem. And, they are smarter and know better than YOU or I. Besides, if you own a gun...…..YOU are the problem. Give them up. Or the Govt will come for them with/by force.

COUGH, Cough, cough.....

Aloha, Mark

So if this is true, why are the Dems going full retard about evil guns????:eek::eek::eek::mad:

Because it was them that got Reagan to eliminate mental health hospitals in the first place. It happened after the uproar in reaction to "One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest". As usual, they get the "do something" attitude and do exactly the wrong thing instead of fixing the real problem, which was mistreatment of patients.

Today "they" don't want to work on societal problems, including real mental health crisis, and the deterioration of our youth. Concerning that, it is easy to say that shooters are cray cray, when some are just hopeless, dysfunctional, angry, isolated... etc, which is more a societal problem than a mental health problem. In other words, you can't fix that stuff with a happy pill, or even sometimes with counseling. We really need to avoid letting young people get into that state in the first place.

The title has the correct answer. It's been the resistance of the Shrinks to admit that they have FAILED utterly with All their "Couch Talk" and their "Touchy Feely" Group sessions!

The Total Failure Shrinks to report their Wacko Patients is the Single Biggest cause of the Mass Shootings! IMHO

I agree the mental health system is broken and needs to be fixed.
However I really dont like throwing everyone with mental illness under the bus. Anxiety, depression, phobias, PTSD, etc. there are many forms of mental illness and for the most part, mentally ill people are not any more dangerous than anyone else. Many good people struggle with mental health issues and they dont deserve to lose there rights on top of it. Until someone starts making threats of violence, exhibiting violent behavior, or proves the cant control there actions, I think they should be considered innocent until proven guilty. :s0160:

Add me to the 83%, I believe the mental health aspect is a major contributor to what the media terms "mass shootings". I don't buy that term anymore than I buy their other fabricated term "assault weapons"...

Fix the mental health problem, restore morals and values for human life, restore respect for each other and we'd be well on our way to having a polite and armed society. Just one schmicks opinion, yes a schmick because of the Irish decent...

Because it was them that got Reagan to eliminate mental health hospitals in the first place. It happened after the uproar in reaction to "One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest".
Did you mean the book or the film? Most Americans don't read so I'm guessing you are referring to the film. :)

Didn't quite happen that way, although leftists like to lay the blame on RR because they despise him. He was gov of CA from 1967 to 1975, and the film came out in 1975, so the time line doesn't quite fit. The legislation that "reformed" the CA system was signed into law in 1967. It had more to do with outlawing involuntary commitment than closing hospitals. The hospitals were closed later after patient populations plummeted because people could no longer be locked away against their will.

As president, Reagan signed legislation in 1981 that started the block grant program. This gave states more discretion in funding mental health programs. It was state legislators that closed hospitals, not the federal government.

Here's a good timeline:

Also, don't overlook the reaction to the Willowbrook scandal, which occurred in 1972. Geraldo Rivera is more than willing to take credit for our current situation (see last paragraph), so let's not lay it all on Ronnie, please.

Add me to the 83%, I believe the mental health aspect is a major contributor to what the media terms "mass shootings". I don't buy that term anymore than I buy their other fabricated term "assault weapons"...

Fix the mental health problem, restore morals and values for human life, restore respect for each other and we'd be well on our way to having a polite and armed society. Just one schmicks opinion, yes a schmick because of the Irish decent...

^^^100%

Mental-health certainly plays a role, but I believe it boils down to good vs evil and it is evil that is the major player here. Choose wisely because evil by nature is deceitful.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top