JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions

Some people should not own guns. This is just horrible all around.
This the kind of thing that gets the anti-gun lobby fired up. You better believe this will not be last we hear of this.

"The 13-year-old told arresting officer Erica Polcha that he retrieved one of the two loaded 9mm handguns that their father kept in the living room couch to use during the game. The boys' father, Mark Snyder, later told police that he kept the guns loaded and unsecured "for home protection."

Last Edited:
Poor kid will carry this for the rest of his damn life now.
And the dad. He killed his 9-year-old son just as well as his 13-year-old son did... :(

And then there's this, from the article:

According to the affidavit, Brayden told police that he was aware the gun was loaded when he pointed it at his brother's head and pulled the trigger.

"...he was aware the gun was loaded..." WTF did he think would happen when he pressed that trigger??? o_O

Last Edited:
Who knows what the kid was thinking. I have kids this age, they do/say things that they know are wrong and immediately regret because they're angry and I think most are incapable of thinking of the consequences ahead of time. I also know at least with mine, their memory is about ten seconds. Maybe for a split second he didn't think it would fire or maybe for a split second he actually wanted to really hurt his brother. This kid is going to have some mental issues for sure now. The dad is 100% responsible for this. If my gun is not on my hip it's in a safe, pretty simple. My kids know not to handle a firearm without me but I'm not taking any chances... they are KIDS after all

Who knows what the kid was thinking. I have kids this age, they do/say things that they know are wrong and immediately regret because they're angry and I think most are incapable of thinking of the consequences ahead of time. I also know at least with mine, their memory is about ten seconds. Maybe for a split second he didn't think it would fire or maybe for a split second he actually wanted to really hurt his brother. This kid is going to have some mental issues for sure now. The dad is 100% responsible for this. If my gun is not on my hip it's in a safe, pretty simple. My kids know not to handle a firearm without me but I'm not taking any chances... they are KIDS after all

It's infuriating a child that young is being charged when parental negligence is so clear!

The dad should go to prison, BUT there is a way deeper psychological issue here. Where did the 13y/o learn that if a robber doesn't comply with a cops commands, they deserve to be shot? THATS the real problem here.

The dad should go to prison, BUT there is a way deeper psychological issue here. Where did the 13y/o learn that if a robber doesn't comply with a cops commands, they deserve to be shot? THATS the real problem here.

With parents like he has who knows what kind of people he's allowed to be around and what is influencing his child mind. This kind of thing is just a punch in the gut! All avoidable!

I'm onboard with Gunsmoke. The dad is responsible. I say that because he failed to teach his kids gun safety and then let the kids know where the LOADED guns were. The child bears responsibility in that he says that he knew that the gun was loaded. Finally, I'm wondering about what kind of home is this?

It's infuriating a child that young is being charged when parental negligence is so clear!
I agree. Though the kid for sure needs some sort of punishment... and therapy now most likely. Not sure where this happened(I didn't read it) but it's hard to imagine a place where the dad walks

Pennsylvania. He's not going anywhere except to prison.

And I agree with you and @oldcorpgunny, father is responsible for leaving loaded firearms within reach of prohibited persons.
Kid also bears responsibility for knowing the gun was loaded when he put it to his brother's head and then actually shooting his little brother with it.
Totally senseless all the way around...

I agree. Though the kid for sure needs some sort of punishment... and therapy now most likely. Not sure where this happened(I didn't read it) but it's hard to imagine a place where the dad walks

I agree that the kid needs to learn that he is accountable for his actions, but adult prison is not that. We also have zero information on this kid. He very well may be born with learning disabilities, mental illness, or some other form of mental disability. I don't know If the Dad has brothers, or a father, etc. But If I was one of them he'd have to worry about that more than police. And I'm curious if there was one in the chamber and the kid didn't think there was maybe. Who knows, it's all just really comes down to having loaded fire arms accessible by children.

I agree that the kid needs to learn that he is accountable for his actions, but adult prison is not that. We also have zero information on this kid. He very well may be born with learning disabilities, mental illness, or some other form of mental disability. I don't know If the Dad has brothers, or a father, etc. But If I was one of them he'd have to worry about that more than police. And I'm curious if there was one in the chamber and the kid didn't think there was maybe. Who knows, it's all just really comes down to having loaded fire arms accessible by children.
Yes I agree, though he will be going to a juvenile facility until he is 18. Which honestly, I dont know if that's best or not because I dont know the whole story here. It's hard for me to think a kid could have a truly evil heart but who knows, maybe a traumatic childhood made him a sociopath at a young age. If that were the case then I'm a bit uncomfortable with that person being amongst us, as sad as it would be. I guess what I'm taking forever to say here is I'm just speculating on everything

If you are a Jewish boy and turn 13 years old, you are given a Bar Mitzvah. This ceremony means that you have become a man. My point here is that 13 year old boys know what guns will do. If the boy is retarded then clearly the dad is even more at fault. Perhaps he can use mental retardation as part of his defense.

You're talking about the dad, right?

/sarc

I wish that were the case, but I think he's referring to the child...and as a someone with family that have mental disabilities, we don't use "retard, retardation" anymore, it's considered offensive and generally inaccurate.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top