JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Cash poor can still be you sitting on a stack. Its just in relation to your normal reserves.

If normal reserves are 20k and you have to drop 15k, 5k is cash poor for you.

If you have $1500 and you pay out $1200, it's still cash poor just a different relationship.

I didn't intend to sum your personal situation but a more a general statement .
Absolutely. I prefer to have an emergency fund of 6+ months of all expenses and only take from if an actual emergency. We then promptly replace the emergency expenditure ASAP. (We have had very few actual emergencies that require tapping the emergency fund). Otherwise we just save additional for purchases large or small.

Funny thing is my wife and I were very close to getting the Costco Citi card since we spend so much money with them. Then Citi made this announcement and we changed our mind.

Funny thing is my wife and I were very close to getting the Costco Citi card since we spend so much money with them. Then Citi made this announcement and we changed our mind.
I just got one a few months ago. I tried ordering some magazines from botach a few weeks ago and they never sent them even tho order was confirmed and shipping label created. Used a different card once I saw my order was canceled and it went through and is almost here. If citi was really the ones who cancelled my order no amount of cash back is worth having that card... I used it when I first got it for lots of ammo so the change must have just kicked in

Over my cold hard cash!

7E2FAC91-A01C-4F62-B7D8-8CEA09F09730.jpeg

been using a card for about a grand a month and pay off before due---no profit for Wells Fargo. Being weird, I stopped shopping at brick and mortar except for perishables since they outlawed plastic bags and charge for paper. I will not do business with that kind of people. Prime is free shipping and they don't charge for the boxes. No time wasted looking for stuff that they don't have in stock, no crowds of Walmart people and other advantages.

Remember that? Last night there was a report out the same people that are pushing for us to go cashless are asking the credit card companies to not allow you to purchase guns or ammo with a credit card. Think about that a bit as you don't use cash anymore and how the card companies will run your life as this comes about.

How will you buy if you want some ammo and as you get old how will you sell? Citi has gone anti NRA so how long before they tell you that no guns or ammo can be bought on their cards?

Report was on Tucker Carlson last night.
:eek:At the point the US goes "cashless" we will see looting as an acceptable form of "withdrawal" against these corporations.
That and trade and barter will be more prevalent, at least to folks like me who don't mind owning "second hand" goods.

I googled and could not find any news reports of Citi cancelling NRA cards. Lots of other bad stuff about Citi and gun sales but not this. Anyone got a source?

The CC corps do not control my funds. I cancelled my Citi card, but I still have a Chase card and CU debit/Visa card.

Now if Visa itself came out with policies like this, which I doubt they will, then that would put a crimp in my style, but there are quite a few gun oriented retailers who will take other forms of payment - I just prefer my CCs because of the protection they offer. I never hold a balance on them - always pay them off.

Beyond that, I have not bought a gun with a CC in years. Have almost always paid cash.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top