JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
They have different action screw measurement. I believe they are 4.25" and 4.40 and you have to make sure you get the right measurement. Savage keeps changing and some stocks are not keeping up. I would call and make sure you talk to them and have the measurements and whether it is a blind mag or detachable as that makes a difference as well. Again call and talk to them on the phone. Good luck as I went through 3 orders before it was right. I should have called too and might have been able to avoid that.

I'll see if I can shed some light. Look down on the action from above and imagine a line from the barrel, through the action into the stock. Savage stagger feed mags feed each cartridge from either the left or right of that center line. A center feed mag pushes and holds each cartridge directly under the center line of the action. I drew a quick picture hopefully that help. I also believe center feed actions have the 4.4" spacing and stagger feeds have the 4.275" spacing (short action) longs actions have a 5.062" spacing. Hope this helps.

Savagefeeds.jpg

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads