Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Choate Ultimate Sniper Stock for Savage Help

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by uscsoldier, Feb 1, 2010.

1. uscsoldier

uscsoldier Salem, OR Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

2. Scott

Scott Battle Ground Well-Known Member

They have different action screw measurement. I believe they are 4.25" and 4.40 and you have to make sure you get the right measurement. Savage keeps changing and some stocks are not keeping up. I would call and make sure you talk to them and have the measurements and whether it is a blind mag or detachable as that makes a difference as well. Again call and talk to them on the phone. Good luck as I went through 3 orders before it was right. I should have called too and might have been able to avoid that.

3. Scott

Scott Battle Ground Well-Known Member

Also make sure you don't order a 110 which is a long action.

4. alphapygmy

alphapygmy Yamhill County Active Member

I'll see if I can shed some light. Look down on the action from above and imagine a line from the barrel, through the action into the stock. Savage stagger feed mags feed each cartridge from either the left or right of that center line. A center feed mag pushes and holds each cartridge directly under the center line of the action. I drew a quick picture hopefully that help. I also believe center feed actions have the 4.4" spacing and stagger feeds have the 4.275" spacing (short action) longs actions have a 5.062" spacing. Hope this helps.

Savagefeeds.jpg

5. uscsoldier

uscsoldier Salem, OR Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

thx 4 the help guys:thumbup: