JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
They have different action screw measurement. I believe they are 4.25" and 4.40 and you have to make sure you get the right measurement. Savage keeps changing and some stocks are not keeping up. I would call and make sure you talk to them and have the measurements and whether it is a blind mag or detachable as that makes a difference as well. Again call and talk to them on the phone. Good luck as I went through 3 orders before it was right. I should have called too and might have been able to avoid that.

I'll see if I can shed some light. Look down on the action from above and imagine a line from the barrel, through the action into the stock. Savage stagger feed mags feed each cartridge from either the left or right of that center line. A center feed mag pushes and holds each cartridge directly under the center line of the action. I drew a quick picture hopefully that help. I also believe center feed actions have the 4.4" spacing and stagger feeds have the 4.275" spacing (short action) longs actions have a 5.062" spacing. Hope this helps.

Savagefeeds.jpg

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top