JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Sigh, yes all Cops are murdering scum who deserve to die. When ever someone pulls a gun on a Cop the Cop should be required to get on their knee and beg them to please put it back. Matter a fact we should just take all Cops guns away. After all every shooting by any Cop is bad.
There I agree with you, feel good now?

No, stop blaming the victim when Patrick Dean and Mohamed Tuffa are at fault.

Sigh, yes all Cops are murdering scum who deserve to die. When ever someone pulls a gun on a Cop the Cop should be required to get on their knee and beg them to please put it back. Matter a fact we should just take all Cops guns away. After all every shooting by any Cop is bad.
This one's a little different.
The guy that got shot was not a scum bag.
This can be seen in some earlier TV coverage inside the sports bar while they were watching the game.
The campus cops IMO are probably not trained as well as regular cops.

This one's a little different.
The guy that got shot was not a scum bag.
This can be seen in some earlier TV coverage inside the sports bar while they were watching the game.

I never said the "victim" was scum. I have many times said he was a drunken idiot. He died of terminal stupidity. Probably had a lot to do with how much he had to drink that night. Where I start to lose patience is when you have people who want to defend this stupidity at the expense of Cops. It is only done by people who have a chip on their shoulder for Cops. Facts no longer matter to them, Cops are all bad. They will bravely talk about what "they would do" if they were a Cop. Of course the truth is if they were in the same situation would either start firing blindly or run but, sounds great on the net to tell all how they are super. <shrug>
Bottom line is still the same. To not get shot like this guy did is VERY simple. Don't be a drunken idiot with a gun.

I though he was trying to break up a fight between two drunken idiots ?
Anyway, not a good night for everyone involved.
From the latest it looks like his friend was causing a lot of trouble and he was trying to protect him. He was also quite drunk and then was holding his friends gun. He should have let drunk friend get his butt kicked and or end up in jail. Instead he got involved and it ended very badly due too VERY poor choices. I feel the worst for the Cops who shot him. They had no choice and have to live with killing him.

<broken link removed>
out of 17 shots fired. More than a 50% hit rate indicates to me that the cops were not in fear for their lives.

I luckily have never had to pull the trigger. Something tells me if i were in a similar situation I would not be worried about bullet count, but making sure the person is not getting up.

The guy had one of those "clips" on his pistol.
Then it clips to your waistband supposedly.
The pistol is seen flying off during the struggle.

They ventilated him pretty good.
Looked like a bad shoot to me.
Will have to agree to disagree as I believe the shoot was justified.

PSU Campus police attend the same 16 week academy as every other agency in Oregon. Upon 2 years, they can lateral transfer into any agency (I know one who went to WACO, and a good friend of mine who started at PSU and is now at the Port). In addition, they have to qualify on the same basis as PPB, and have X amount of required training hours per year (more focused around campus policing, active shooters, etc).

I have heard simalair to that said believe it or not

Bring on the hate mail, but as a CHL holder you have to make better choices.
YOU ARE NOT A COP! If you choose to intervene there can be consequences, moreover
there was no children or elderly in need so he could have simply called 911 unless there was a damn good reason.

I was taught even if you do not, repeat do not pull your gun out you should avoid at all cost a physical confrontation when carrying, as you can bet there will be issues with you entering into a situation like this.

I can say how do I know he dropped it by accident or was retrieving it and dropped it.
Ask your selves this, its at night you are arguing with a guy, you see him drop his gun and he goes for it?
Would you really wait to see what he did with it?
So true, excellent points.

baby cary.jpg

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews