JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I cannot remember if I have submitted this previously. But going through my reloading equipment and information. I came across my formula for Case Lube and thought I would share it again in case I have not in the distant past.
Here it is!
You will need the following items from your local store or drug store.

1. Liquid Lanolin
2. 99% Isopropyl Alcohol
Ratio:
1 Part Lanolin to 4 or 5 Parts 99% Isopropyl Alcohol to your preference.
* Do not use 92% Isopropyl Alcohol
3. Heat Warm Water to maintain a temp. of 110 Degrees while mixing.
(WARNING!) *Do not heat the mixture operation over an Open Flame!)
4. Pour in item 1 and 2 into the water and mix until the properties combine.
5. Pour Contents into a dispenser bottle
Makes some great Case Lube. And you can make as much as you want.
<broken link removed>
A friend of mine loads thousands of rounds each year at his Reloading Company. He makes his own Case Luge from this formula, which saves him a significant amount of money each year.

It's Dillon Lube more or less since I can't remember the ratio. I want to say 12-1 but I'm too lazy to look it up. I started using this lube when I went blue and the stuff works great. Lanolin is cheap on ebay. Spray some on and stir it up and the alcohol evaporates very quickly. I have a big loaf cake pan that I use.

Besides smelling foul, I've found lanolin darkens the brass over time and because of the lanolin separation, requires me to shake my bottle a while before each use if I want a consistent mix.
Switched to coconut oil & 99% Isopropyl in a ~ 80:20 mix. I lightly wet a felt tray with it and roll the cases on the felt. Pleasant smell, no discoloration, zero stuck cases, and haven't had a single dented shoulder since switching. IMO, a much better lube option.

Besides smelling foul, I've found lanolin darkens the brass over time and because of the lanolin separation, requires me to shake my bottle a while before each use if I want a consistent mix.
Switched to coconut oil & 99% Isopropyl in a ~ 80:20 mix. I lightly wet a felt tray with it and roll the cases on the felt. Pleasant smell, no discoloration, zero stuck cases, and haven't had a single dented shoulder since switching. IMO, a much better lube option.
Interesting.

Do you envision yourself in the tropics while rolling your own?

:D

How much water do you add to your respective formula's? 1 cup? 1 gallon? Just curious as to the desired constancy.

Thanks for sharing.

I cannot remember if I have submitted this previously. But going through my reloading equipment and information. I came across my formula for Case Lube and thought I would share it again in case I have not in the distant past.
Here it is!
You will need the following items from your local store or drug store.

1. Liquid Lanolin
2. 99% Isopropyl Alcohol
Ratio:
1 Part Lanolin to 4 or 5 Parts 99% Isopropyl Alcohol to your preference.
* Do not use 92% Isopropyl Alcohol
3. Heat Warm Water to maintain a temp. of 110 Degrees while mixing.
(WARNING!) *Do not heat the mixture operation over an Open Flame!)
4. Pour in item 1 and 2 into the water and mix until the properties combine.
5. Pour Contents into a dispenser bottle
Makes some great Case Lube. And you can make as much as you want.
<broken link removed>
A friend of mine loads thousands of rounds each year at his Reloading Company. He makes his own Case Luge from this formula, which saves him a significant amount of money each year.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top