JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I wish I had done this waaaaaaaaay earlier. For those of you who hasn't done this yet, do it you won't be sorry.

I'm talking about the lanolin and alcohol method. My go to was hornady one shot, imperial wax, canola oil(yes the cooking oil) and sometimes wd40. When I tried the lanolin method, I was blown away on how slick this lube is it's not even funny. I'm in the process on converting 223 to 300bo and it's effortless using a Dillon trim die. To put it in perspective, it's easier then resizing a 9mm case using a carbide die. Wow just wow.

I also use a mix of alcohol/lanolin on bottleneck rifle brass. I place the brass into a plastic bag, spray some of the mixture in and shake. I then spread the brass out and let the alcohol evaporate before using the sizing die... I wash and dry the brass before installing primer-powder-bullet. I picked-up a second-hand food dehydrator for $10 that dries the brass within 20 minutes and I can dry hundreds of rounds at the same time when using four trays on the dehydrator.
I have never had a stuck case.

I've been using the lanolin since I started reloading on recommendation from another member of the forum. Bought some Hornady wax a while back to try something new and needed a stuck case puller shortly thereafter.. The lanolin is the way to go. Never once stuck a case or had one dent with that stuff.

Not deliberately trying to be that guy... isn't a 2:12 better stated as 1:6? Or am I missing something important?
considering a 16oz spray bottle, 32oz iso bottle and 4oz lanolin bottle, I see no reason to reduce.

Edit:
I mix some sanitizing chemicals at work and it's 1:365.
That's cool but I'd rather think of it as .3:128~ish. Aka: 1/3oz per gallon because we mix it in one gallon jugs. I tend to base everything on the container I'm mixing, not the ratio that's best reduced.

I wish I had done this waaaaaaaaay earlier. For those of you who hasn't done this yet, do it you won't be sorry.

I'm talking about the lanolin and alcohol method. My go to was hornady one shot, imperial wax, canola oil(yes the cooking oil) and sometimes wd40. When I tried the lanolin method, I was blown away on how slick this lube is it's not even funny. I'm in the process on converting 223 to 300bo and it's effortless using a Dillon trim die. To put it in perspective, it's easier then resizing a 9mm case using a carbide die. Wow just wow.
Yep. And cheap!

I also use a mix of alcohol/lanolin on bottleneck rifle brass. I place the brass into a plastic bag, spray some of the mixture in and shake. I then spread the brass out and let the alcohol evaporate before using the sizing die... I wash and dry the brass before installing primer-powder-bullet. I picked-up a second-hand food dehydrator for $10 that dries the brass within 20 minutes and I can dry hundreds of rounds at the same time when using four trays on the dehydrator.
I have never had a stuck case.
Same here except I dry in the oven.

Does it smell like a stinky sheep ? LOL not that it matters, but I need some more case lube and thanks for sharing. Looks like I will mix some up if you guys say it's good. Thanks for posting

Does it smell like a stinky sheep ?
Sure does. Also darkens your brass if you don't clean it off.
But, if you eat goat, only shower once or twice per week, you'll feel right at home....

I have the same quart bottle that I mixed back in 2015 or so.
I stopped using it a few years ago when I tried refined coconut oil. You can do it straight, or add alcohol. Pleasant smell, (unlike the noisome lanolin), doesn't discolor brass.
I spray it onto a felt pad and roll about 20 cases at a time over the pad. Results in a very light applicaton and zero case dents.

Sure does. Also darkens your brass if you don't clean it off.
But, if you eat goat, only shower once or twice per week, you'll feel right at home....

I have the same quart bottle that I mixed back in 2015 or so.
I stopped using it a few years ago when I tried refined coconut oil. You can do it straight, or add alcohol. Pleasant smell, (unlike the noisome lanolin), doesn't discolor brass.
I spray it onto a felt pad and roll about 20 cases at a time over the pad. Results in a very light applicaton and zero case dents.
Sweet I have coconut oil. I guess I will just try some different ratios. I use that Fluid Film spray with lanolin and my wife always complains about the smell. (Maybe it's just me)

I have been mixing this liquid lanolin & red plastic bottle of Heet dry Gas for two years. I bought the Liquid Lanolin online through Walmart.com.
Alot cheaper then Hornady One Shot, last longer and does a better job of lubeing cases.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews