JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I cannot remember if I have submitted this previously. But going through my reloading equipment and information. I came across my formula for Case Lube and thought I would share it again in case I have not in the distant past.
Here it is!
You will need the following items from your local store or drug store.

1. Liquid Lanolin
2. 99% Isopropyl Alcohol
Ratio:
1 Part Lanolin to 4 or 5 Parts 99% Isopropyl Alcohol to your preference.
* Do not use 92% Isopropyl Alcohol
3. Heat Warm Water to maintain a temp. of 110 Degrees while mixing.
(WARNING!) *Do not heat the mixture operation over an Open Flame!)
4. Pour in item 1 and 2 into the water and mix until the properties combine.
5. Pour Contents into a dispenser bottle
Makes some great Case Lube. And you can make as much as you want.
<broken link removed>
A friend of mine loads thousands of rounds each year at his Reloading Company. He makes his own Case Luge from this formula, which saves him a significant amount of money each year.

It's Dillon Lube more or less since I can't remember the ratio. I want to say 12-1 but I'm too lazy to look it up. I started using this lube when I went blue and the stuff works great. Lanolin is cheap on ebay. Spray some on and stir it up and the alcohol evaporates very quickly. I have a big loaf cake pan that I use.

Besides smelling foul, I've found lanolin darkens the brass over time and because of the lanolin separation, requires me to shake my bottle a while before each use if I want a consistent mix.
Switched to coconut oil & 99% Isopropyl in a ~ 80:20 mix. I lightly wet a felt tray with it and roll the cases on the felt. Pleasant smell, no discoloration, zero stuck cases, and haven't had a single dented shoulder since switching. IMO, a much better lube option.

Besides smelling foul, I've found lanolin darkens the brass over time and because of the lanolin separation, requires me to shake my bottle a while before each use if I want a consistent mix.
Switched to coconut oil & 99% Isopropyl in a ~ 80:20 mix. I lightly wet a felt tray with it and roll the cases on the felt. Pleasant smell, no discoloration, zero stuck cases, and haven't had a single dented shoulder since switching. IMO, a much better lube option.
Interesting.

Do you envision yourself in the tropics while rolling your own?

:D

How much water do you add to your respective formula's? 1 cup? 1 gallon? Just curious as to the desired constancy.

Thanks for sharing.

I cannot remember if I have submitted this previously. But going through my reloading equipment and information. I came across my formula for Case Lube and thought I would share it again in case I have not in the distant past.
Here it is!
You will need the following items from your local store or drug store.

1. Liquid Lanolin
2. 99% Isopropyl Alcohol
Ratio:
1 Part Lanolin to 4 or 5 Parts 99% Isopropyl Alcohol to your preference.
* Do not use 92% Isopropyl Alcohol
3. Heat Warm Water to maintain a temp. of 110 Degrees while mixing.
(WARNING!) *Do not heat the mixture operation over an Open Flame!)
4. Pour in item 1 and 2 into the water and mix until the properties combine.
5. Pour Contents into a dispenser bottle
Makes some great Case Lube. And you can make as much as you want.
<broken link removed>
A friend of mine loads thousands of rounds each year at his Reloading Company. He makes his own Case Luge from this formula, which saves him a significant amount of money each year.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top