JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Like Hemlock, I've never lubed case mouths.

I tumble in the large Dillon tumbler using lizard--pet-bedding walnut hull. It fits hundreds of cases per batch.

For a sieve, I drilled 3/16" holes throughout the bottom of a 5 gallon paint bucket.
I stack the sieve bucket inside a 2nd 5gal bucket.

Dump tumbled brass and media into the sieve, don some ear muffs, shake it until all the media has fallen out.
Dump the clean brass into a clean bucket, pour in 2 gallons of hot soapy water, shake it and stir it.
Sieve again.
Rinse and sieve twice, shake off all the water.
Dump the brass on a clean towel, spread it out, let it dry for a day or so, sometimes with a fan blowing air across it.

I have a polishing wheel set for my bench grinder.
I removed the deprimer/expander stem from each resizing die and polished the ball with white bar.

I use RCBS case lube from a pad for exterior case lube; no lube in case mouth.

I would caution against lanolin for case mouth lube.
Lanolin is sebaceous wax from sheep.
It is combustible, therefore it cannot not have an effect on the powder burn event.
If it is present in varying quantities inside the case, then the effect would be variable.
I doubt that the difference would be measurable for pistol cartridges (short barrel, short range), but I assume that the effect would be measurable for rifle cartridges intended to hold sub-moa grouping at long range.

I got the "Imperial Dry Neck Lube". But I don't notice a lot of difference when lowering the ram, and with the pull back up of the expander ball. I measured length with calipers and comparator afterward and it wasn't stretching the shoulder/neck out of shape. So? I use a lube pad with RCBS lube.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews