JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I've been doing single stage reloading for while and want to start bulk reloading so I've been doing some research on progressive presses for rifle. I'm looking at the Hornady AP since it seems like the best value at the moment.

Most of the stuff I'm reading seems to be focused on pistol and since most of the pistol dies are carbide (at least the ones I have are) they don't require case lube.

My question is since the progressive is a complete start to finish reloading setup (with some assumptions) what lube do you use? Do you use the same lube as for a single-stage? Do you use dry lube?

I've got a RCBS setup, so everything from top to bottom is RCBS, dies, lube, case pad, press, etc.

Is anyone currently running the Hornady AP?

I load on a hornady projector mainly pistol calibres but on occaison rifle cal. I use rcbs
lube pad and just give them a quick wipe with a paper towel when finished loading.
I understand quite a few just run them in the tumbler for about 20 minutes or so to clean
the lube off.

I use a dillon 650 and I use dillon's lube and it works fine.I have not used anything else so you can take it at face value!It just sprays on, let it dry a few minutes, then I run it through the tumbler for about 15-20 minutes.

I've got a RCBS setup, so everything from top to bottom is RCBS, dies, lube, case pad, press, etc.
If it aint broke don't fix it, or fix it till it is :) I've read about to many stuck cases with One Shot (user error) ?, for rifle I use a single stage press with RCBS case lube and pad I've had one stuck case, I thought I could get by lubing every other case :s0054:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top