JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
dobeman
You point was made without thinking it through . . . They can live there because the taxpayers are footing the bill . . . ! Exactly as the scuzzy politicians intend!?!?!?!?

Sheldon

californy senate voted 28-8 to exempt themselves from these new gun laws??
I think this is the Itarnets echo machine feeding on itself.
The vote referenced here was in a February 2011 bill regarding CCW licenses (SB610) and that exemption is stricken in the version I found.
Anyone have anything current that is actually part of this legislation in this thread? I mean a cite, not a rumor. ;)

22011.jpg ...

Like this: SB 610 Senate Bill - AMENDED (SB 610 Senate Bill - AMENDED (http://www.leginfo.ca.gov/pub/11-12/bill/sen/sb_0601-0650/sb_610_bill_20110413_amended_sen_v97.html)

...I'm in Oregon, but I'm way ready for the State of Jefferson. We've got the same bastards in different suits in Salem.

My problem with the State of Jefferson is that even the original movement ended at the northern border of Douglas County. I don't think the current movement includes Oregon at all.

I don't want to move either so that border needs to move south of Eugene. Maybe as far north as Goshen or Creswell.

My problem with the State of Jefferson is that even the original movement ended at the northern border of Douglas County. I don't think the current movement includes Oregon at all.

I don't want to move either so that border needs to move south of Eugene. Maybe as far north as Goshen or Creswell.

Not nearly far enough, get that thing up to Clackamas county!

I love this place. Even the conservatives appreciate secession. ;)

My favorite bit of grafitti was on the approach to Ross Island Bridge, near downtown Portland. Stayed up there for years. "US out of Oregon!"

Last Edited:
really now, i am wondering who is going to take care of all the transactions as they forward them to the court house .... do you all realize the amount of staff it will take to do all the recording, and enter it in to data base ...... i'm only guessing, but at least 10 - 15 per county !?!? population vrs. ammo vrs. cal.

steve

really now, i am wondering who is going to take care of all the transactions as they forward them to the court house .... do you all realize the amount of staff it will take to do all the recording, and enter it in to data base ...... i'm only guessing, but at least 10 - 15 per county !?!? population vrs. ammo vrs. cal.

steve

Why do you feel that way? Californy already knows all this is just 'make work' and it doesn't mean anything. I'm sure they are in no real rush to process any of this 'important info'

3) Existing law requires that, with specified exceptions, any person who, prior to January 1, 2001, lawfully possessed an assault weapon prior to the date it was defined as an assault weapon, and which was not specified as an assault weapon at the time of lawful possession, register the firearm with the Department of Justice. Existing law permits the Department of Justice to charge a fee for registration of up to $20 per person but not to exceed the actual processing costs of the department. Existing law, after the department establishes fees sufficient to reimburse the department for processing costs, requires fees charged to increase at a rate not to exceed the legislatively approved annual cost-of-living adjustment for the department's budget or as otherwise increased through the Budget Act. Existing law requires those fees to be deposited into the Dealers' Record of Sale Special Account. Existing law, the Administrative Procedure Act, establishes the requirements for the adoption, publication, review, and implementation of regulations by state agencies.
excerpt from the bills text. So yes they have to Register or become a felon. Any law that infringes direct gun ownership is, and should be null and void. Hope and know they would be risking felony charges but hope they tell them to pound sand. Don't register a one.:mad:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top