JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
could I get some clarification here?

So here is what I understand:
Open carry is legal in the state of Oregon.
Loaded weapon carrying is banned in Portland and some burbs.
Once you have your CWP you are now free from the loaded weapons ban.
Does this mean that with your CWP you can open carry in Portland?

The reason I'm asking is for clarification.

I had the Portland Police called on me the other day when I went to get something out of my car in my condo parking lot, and in the hurry my sidearm was showing. The police made it clear that a concealed weapons permit was good only for concealed carry, but I've heard so many contradicting reports I was wondering if someone had a link to actual Oregon info on this.

My understanding is "concealed means concealed". If it is not seen, it is not a problem. Makes you wonder why they require a permit, doesn't it?

If you had a wardrobe malfunction revealing your weapon, a wardrobe change might be in order.

You need the permit to open carry in areas like Portland that don't allow it UNLESS you have a CHL.

So you're fine. Problem is, don't argue with the police or even mention they are wrong. Just comply, leave, and you can continue on. If they want to bother you again and decide to take you to court, that's where you can really defend yourself.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top