JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

become a cannibal or die?

• cannibal

Votes: 117 59.1%
  • die

Votes: 81 40.9%

• Total voters
Morality?? So would you kill somebody so you could live? Would you eat somebody so you could live? Would you kill and eat somebody so you could live? Seems to be the questions here. Try telling us which party you voted for when you answer the questions.

jj

Don't forget Alferd Packer -- the grill at University of Colorado is named for this cannibal who ate his fellow prospectors to stay alive.

He gave new meaning to "serve mankind".

"Have a friend for lunch" at the Packer Grill.

"Keep your eyes on your thighs!"

And my favorite (given the number of democrats around here):

"Stand up, Alferd Packer, you voracious, man-eating, son-of-a-bubblegum. There were seven Democrats in Hinsdale County, and you ate five of them."

OK, I found another interesting 'Cannibalism in History' story. This is a new one on me, and quite frankly, you'd have to be a cold-hearted, Godless, Hannibal Lecter SOB to do this.

There were essentially two classes of prisoners in the Soviet Gulag system...the politicals and the criminals. The criminals of course were the hard core professional criminal element in Soviet society, the thieves, rapists, murderers, etc. On occasion, small groups of criminals (two or three) would decide to 'break out' of their particular camp. If their camp was in the far north where there was little chance of foraging for food during their journey, they would 'befriend' another prisoner, usually a naive political. This prisoner became the 'meat' for the rest of the band once their meager supplies ran out, and were refered to as 'The Walking Supply'.

Keith

who would taste better? man or woman? man may have more meat but it may be tougher.. maybe some baby back ribs : )

Probably a younger, woman who isn't too athletic, but not fat, you'd probably have some real tender meat there. Hmmm, maybe we'll eat them last, seems like there might be other uses for them ;)
Either that or any of the computer nerds who sit on the computer all day long and not doing much. Depending on their diet, they may be like Kobe beef since they never use their muscles and sit in one place all the time, you'd probably have really good marbilization and a good aged flavor. PLUS! You know sure as heck they can't run fast. :s0114:

Baby back ribs....wow. I can't believe you went there.

Eating people is no big deal.. I have traveled around the world and had to eat one of the great grandfather's of a tribe I was staying with in New Guinea. By eating the great grandfather I was initiated into the tribe and respected. It is amazing though how decent the meal tasted, especially all the spices, veggies they cook the person with. It is cooked all day and has a very tender texture that is like the finest filet mignon. I don't see what the big deal is with eating a person, meat is meat. I found it quite delicious. People will eat slimy , slithery snakes or other nasty tasting roadkill, but complain about tender and healthy meat from a person?

Ok, April Fools is a long way away, I admit.. :s0114::s0114:

if it were asituation were myself and others were stranded and they died already like a bad crash or something then YES I would eat them if need be to survive..

but NO way I would kill someone to eat them to live.. I would figure something out but not kill another for me to live..

DN

I'm guessing most of us would have to be stranded somewhere ala Donner, and for awhile, to seriously consider snacking on a deceased friend. Perhaps many who regard it as a rational survival device today might flip-flop and pass, come chow time.

Here's a spin... what if it was a someone on your bus/plane/raft/island/team that you really DIS-liked?

Too, lest we find ourselves starring on the next episode of Dirty Dining, how did they die, and when?

If you're incapable of finding food in the PNW, you deserve to die. Leave cannibalism for the Californians. :s0114::s0112::cool:
EXACTLY!
We all know Californians are mainly vegan treehuggers (corn fed beef anyone) and also either unarmed or underarmed. We just have to wait for them to make a run up here to try and bugout, it'd be like ordering takeout :D

If it comes down to it and you have no food and absolutely no way of getting any, would you rather become a cannibal or just die?

To be honest, I have already staked out a mental claim on particularly juicy looking forum members just in case things go south. I panic pretty easily so some of you guys might want to make sure your guns are loaded if we have any heavy snow this year and I know where you live. :D

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews