JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
This is a very taboo subject, obviously. But one that I would love to see some discussion about.

I have seen the movie called "Alive", where the passengers of an airplane that crashes high in the mountains resort to cannibalism to survive. I have also heard of the infamous "Donner Party" in the Sierra Nevadas around 1846, who also resorted to cannibalism in the face of starvation.

IMO, there is a fine line between killing to eat someone, and eating someone who has already died. I would do it, and I would encourage my family to do it also if it meant survival or not. Would I kill someone to eat? No. Would I eat someone who had died already if it meant my or my family starving to death? Yes. Now there is fine lines, that Im sure some of you would point out to me. For instance what if the body you had to eat was a family member? I think everyone has to figure those things out for themselves. I would certainly want my family to eat my flesh if it meant their survival.

Another great factor is whether or not there was help on the other end possible. If I were in a situation where I knew absolutely, that I would only be prolonging the inevitable slow death from starvation by eating human flesh, I would rather just expire. Like if there was some great disaster that devastated the whole US or Northern Hemisphere, and you knew that death would come even if you ate someone.

Anyways, I think this is a very interesting topic and would love to hear more opinions....though I think this may be so taboo that most will be afraid to speak on it......Anybody?

treemanx,

I would rather live another day then give up... that one extra day may be the key to long term survival you can never predict the future. If it came down to me or the other guy "Kill to Survive" the rules of nature apply the strongest wins period.

treemanx,

I would rather live another day then give up... that one extra day may be the key to long term survival you can never predict the future. If it came down to me or the other guy "Kill to Survive" the rules of nature apply the strongest wins period.

why? when things get so bad that you have to eat your neighbors is it really worth living that extra day if it ever gets to that point my guess is there won't be much population left but i have heard that anti-gunners taste like chicken

Soylent-Green-lg.gif

treemanx,

Dont misunderstand me......I only mean if you knew you had no hope of living beyond your last human meal. That is a broad statement, and alot less likely than not to actually happen. If it happened to anyone, or me for that matter, ever in my life where I had that decision to make, I would surely be in a situation where I knew I could either sustain myself beyond the cannibalism, or help would arrive at some point.

Good reason the Mormons have supplies for hard times: We ALL should do that. We have been so spoiled in this country with abundance we do not know NOR UNDERSTAND how delicate this civilization really is. I worked in the grocery business for several years when young. There are NO FOODSTOCKS in the city. What you see on the store's shelves is it. Trucks deliver every day or two. If deliveries stop: one day and it's all gone. Think about it!
Prepare now, and maybe get by. Don't prepare; and hope the government will save you. Think Katrina......

There are more than 800,000 people that go missing each year. Go to the FBI website for a more accurate count. But during the great depression of the 1930's more than 10 million went missing....here is a short excerpt

However, when you start researching the subject, you find that there is a migration component ? people were coming to the country and leaving. All can be calculated. It turns out then, that three million people can be subtracted at the cost of migration ? in approximate figures, as it is not a scientific report.

What"s left is 7.5 million people still missing. The question is: ?

Voluntary defenders of U.S. values who venture to discuss the matter with me, normally begin with a statement that those people were simply not born. However, if we take the age pyramid and distribute the people according to their dates of birth, it becomes apparent that 5.5 million children and two million grown-ups are missing from the 7.5 million. So, those two million people could not have been non-existent ? as they had been born. They could only die.

The question I have is how many that were missing...were eaten?

<broken link removed>

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads