JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

become a cannibal or die?

• cannibal

Votes: 117 59.1%
  • die

Votes: 81 40.9%

• Total voters
No Im just saying this is a public forum and I doubt the mods or the creature of this site wishes that kind of language on here thats all... do and say whatever your want..

..from the black lagoon?

XHLEF00Z.jpg

some of you guys are some sick bubblegumers. you can't eat people, you go to **** for that.

i'd rather eat a bullet. my desire to remain on this planet does not override my principles. besides- the few who have eaten people and survived have made it pretty clear that it didn't help much. by the time you're eating your buddy, he's so depleted of nutrients that you're just filling your belly with empty mass.

Not for nothing, but, if you eat a corpse that you didn't kill, I can't see how you would take the express elevator down. One could argue, that extreme hunger would rob you of reason; and without your faculties, you couldn't possible commit a sin. I'm no theologian, so I really don't know the fine details on cannibalism.

If you murder, to eat, might be a different story.

On the other hand, I believe if you still have command of your faculties, sense of reason, then a suicide is guaranteed D@mnation. Once again, state of mind is probably the arbiter.

some of you guys are some sick bubblegumers. you can't eat people, you go to **** for that.

i'd rather eat a bullet. my desire to remain on this planet does not override my principles. besides- the few who have eaten people and survived have made it pretty clear that it didn't help much. by the time you're eating your buddy, he's so depleted of nutrients that you're just filling your belly with empty mass.

I'm gunna start with you first. :D

In a real Survival Situation alot of people who think they would have it all handled would see it ain't that easy. Stuff happens. Someone who is bigger badder, faster, and tougher is always around the next corner. No matter how hard we try we can always have our rears kicked.

ZA_Survivalist, you might be that man. Maybe not. If so, I taste horrible! :D

And I'll eat you second.

There is enough food and water to survive around here for a long time. If you choose to eat someone something is wrong. The will to live is instinct but it also comes along with values, beliefs, and morals.

Scott

The original question was:
If it comes down to it and you have no food and absolutely no way of getting any, would you rather become a cannibal or just die?
It was not, "we live in the northwest with lots of tasty critters and I can shoot a gnat of a bulls *** @ 500 yards". :s0114:

I can think of a dozen scenarios, right here in the PNW where you would have zero chance of harvesting anything to eat for several weeks.

The original question was:
It was not, "we live in the northwest with lots of tasty critters and I can shoot a gnat of a bulls *** @ 500 yards". :s0114:

I can think of a dozen scenarios, right here in the PNW where you would have zero chance of harvesting anything to eat for several weeks.

list some. if we're talking about the pacific northwest, i can almost guaranty i can easily refute any situation you present. this corner of the world is teeming with life- there's food everywhere. you have to possess some knowledge and a little skill, but you can survive. just yesterday, as i lay on a hump of dirt waiting for a nice old buck to inch his way out of the treeline, i was reminded how many grasshoppers there are. i had no less than a dozen hop right onto me, and dozens more hopping all around. i could have caught enough for a meal in less than an hour, just by sitting still- almost zero caloric expenditure for a really good, relatively speaking, caloric return.

in eastern oregon, in the middle of the high desert, we used to catch enough lizards to make un-filling, but nourishing meals, and would even bag the occasional hare with a slung or thrown rock. and there's tons of grasshoppers and edible ants (some are NOT- know your ants) over there as well.

and that's just animals.. i'm not as up on edible plants, but there are tons of edible plants in this area as well. eat a couple handfuls of grasshoppers and add a few handfuls of dandelion greens. you could live like that for months, or longer. a lot longer, if you have the ability to cook the bugs first... grasshoppers, for instance, are known to carry tapeworms and other parasites in their GI tracts.

Ok, how about this. You're in a plane crash in a high altitude situation, legs broke. I bet that body next to you would be tempting after a few days.
This argument, or the lack of understanding it, is the same as when people think they know what exactly they will do in a SHTF situation, long before the situation presents itself and without any prior experience in one. place smilie with face in palm here.
How about out hunting and you get buried in because of a snow storm. How about hurt and can only crawl? Sure they seem far fetched, but wouldnt those real life scenarios like the Soccer team in Andes Mountains be far fetched if they hadn't happened?

Ok, how about this. You're in a plane crash in a high altitude situation, legs broke. I bet that body next to you would be tempting after a few days.
This argument, or the lack of understanding it, is the same as when people think they know what exactly they will do in a SHTF situation, long before the situation presents itself and without any prior experience in one. place smilie with face in palm here.
How about out hunting and you get buried in because of a snow storm. How about hurt and can only crawl? Sure they seem far fetched, but wouldnt those real life scenarios like the Soccer team in Andes Mountains be far fetched if they hadn't happened?

none of these situations are realistic, however.. planes crashing at high altitude in the pacific northwest get responded to very quickly. this isn't a part of the world where it's difficult to locate planes. even if it did take a "few days" for rescuers to locate the crash, you wouldn't resort to eating your friends in a "few days." people eat other people after a few weeks- but anybody should be able to hold out for a "few days." by the time your mind is protein-starved enough to consider something like cannibalism, your buddy will be bloated and rancid and inedible anyway.

besides.. again- if all you can do is lie there, you can still eat grasshoppers and weeds, if you're in the pacific northwest. if you're at an elevation that's high enough/cold enough to preserve a dead body, and you're crippled, then you're not gonna survive the first night yourself.

as to the snow-storm thing- i guess oddities happen, but i've been hunting the pacific northwest my whole life, and never experienced anything even remotely close to being snowed in. we don't hunt at the summit of mt hood. same thing applies, however- you're not going to be stuck anywhere for weeks, and if you're hurt, you wont survive long enough to eat your friend anyway.

list some. if we're talking about the pacific northwest, i can almost guaranty i can easily refute any situation you present. this corner of the world is teeming with life- there's food everywhere. you have to possess some knowledge and a little skill, but you can survive. just yesterday, as i lay on a hump of dirt waiting for a nice old buck to inch his way out of the treeline, i was reminded how many grasshoppers there are. i had no less than a dozen hop right onto me, and dozens more hopping all around. i could have caught enough for a meal in less than an hour, just by sitting still- almost zero caloric expenditure for a really good, relatively speaking, caloric return.

in eastern oregon, in the middle of the high desert, we used to catch enough lizards to make un-filling, but nourishing meals, and would even bag the occasional hare with a slung or thrown rock. and there's tons of grasshoppers and edible ants (some are NOT- know your ants) over there as well.

and that's just animals.. i'm not as up on edible plants, but there are tons of edible plants in this area as well. eat a couple handfuls of grasshoppers and add a few handfuls of dandelion greens. you could live like that for months, or longer. a lot longer, if you have the ability to cook the bugs first... grasshoppers, for instance, are known to carry tapeworms and other parasites in their GI tracts.

Here, you wrote this:
... i can almost guaranty i can easily refute any situation you present.

Key word: Almost, and it doesn't count. And I mean no disrespect to you sir, but you cannot guaranty me a thing. I'd rather be prepared for the worst even if its only like discussing the possibilities of the scenario given to us in this thread than to deny reality.

This thread is about morality, not about the likelihood of being in a particular situation. The topic of this thread is that you are in a situation where the only options are to eat another human or die. Period.

This thread is about morality, not about the likelihood of being in a particular situation. The topic of this thread is that you are in a situation where the only options are to eat another human or die. Period.

Ding! Ding! Ding! Thank you for clarifying this!

NO ONE WANTS TO EAT A HUMAN CADAVER IF THERE ARE ANY OTHER OPTIONS.

We are talking about a situation where you are stranded for months in the Andes (Flight 571), or adrift on the Pacific (the Essex) or stranded in a winter pass (Donner-Reed) and there are no grasshoppers, fish or lizards convieniently nearby to susbist off of.

And yes, such situations where stranded people are not reached quickly by authorities do happen in the modern world. Case in pont, I think the figure is 70+ airplanes that have been lost in the Cascade and Olympic Mountains since WWII that have never been found. Currently, about 15 are still missing just in WA state which include a F102 Starfighter lost in 1962.

Good Lord.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads