JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
There was actually a scene in Patriots where the group came across two pathetic drifters who had resorted to cannibalism. They came to a swift decision on the merits of such behavior.

I found it one of the more interesting parts of that book.

And a little more serious than what you guys have done with the topic :D

Interesting , those who are prepareing to fight the Zombies talk about becoming one:s0131: Thing is, the person who eats people wouldn't make a good neighbor. He would always look at you like you are a snack. Nobody would be my neigbor and do this and me know about it.

jj:D

First off eating people is very very very risky. Eating an animal is 99% safe because very very few animal diseases are transmittal to humans. Sure you can get sick from bacteria growing on the outside of the meat but not from the raw uncooked yummy bloody parts of a good rare beef steak. However just about anything a person has contracted can be caught from them by eating them. Now think of it in a TEOTWAWKI situation, where there wont be very many healthy people. Let alone the weak starved diseased and dead neighbor your about to snack on.

All that being said, I would rather starve than eat a person. My humanity means more to me that my survival.

Last Edited:
First off eating people is very very very risky. Eating an animal is 99% safe because very very few animal diseases are transmittal to humans. Sure you can get sick from bacteria growing on the outside of the meat but not from the raw uncooked yummy bloody parts of a good rare beef steak. However just about anything a person has contracted can be caught from them by eating them. Now think of it in a TEOTWAWKI situation, where there wont be very many healthy people. Let alone the weak starved diseased and dead neighbor your about to snack on.

All that being said, I would rather starve than eat a person. My humanity means more to me that my survival.

If you cook it enough, you can eat just about anything that crawls walks runs or swims. I know there are exceptions, but in this case humvan meat cooked properly would kill anything that could be dangerous to your health. Should all be the same as deer and elk.

As far as people that you know you'd already like to taste.......come on guys, lets stay serious here. I'd love to see what the chick from Resident Evil tastes like! NUM NUM! Ahem.......no but seriously......:s0112:

Sorry to bust your bubble, but consuming another human being puts you at high risk for kuru, or 'shaking death disease.' Kuru is the New Guinea native name for the disease, which is one of the 'mad cow' prion afflictions that almost wiped out several tribes of cannibals (who ate parts of deceased family members as a funeral ritual, rather than for sustenance). Prions are infectious proteins that provoke diseases 100 % fatal, death usually occurring 3-6 months after the symptoms first appear. All humans contain latent prions in their body tissue, but is stays dormant until digested as food by other humans. Prions are strange in that they cannot be destroyed by any amount of heat, or any method that would leave the meat edible. (I think they may be God's way of say, "Don't do that!")

And watch out for that dog liver...it contains a lethal amount of vitamin A. The 'disease' is called Hypervitaminosis A.

Neither my sister nor I have ever had kids, and are probably less tolerant than most of other people's rug-rats. At one point, we thought about opening a chain of restaurants named 'Kentucky Fried Children.':D

Later,
Max

Sorry to bust your bubble, but consuming another human being puts you at high risk for kuru, or 'shaking death disease.' Kuru is the New Guinea native name for the disease, which is one of the 'mad cow' prion afflictions that almost wiped out several tribes of cannibals (who ate parts of deceased family members as a funeral ritual, rather than for sustenance). Prions are infectious proteins that provoke diseases 100 % fatal, death usually occurring 3-6 months after the symptoms first appear. All humans contain latent prions in their body tissue, but is stays dormant until digested as food by other humans. Prions are strange in that they cannot be destroyed by any amount of heat, or any method that would leave the meat edible. (I think they may be God's way of say, "Don't do that!")

And watch out for that dog liver...it contains a lethal amount of vitamin A. The 'disease' is called Hypervitaminosis A.

Neither my sister nor I have ever had kids, and are probably less tolerant than most of other people's rug-rats. At one points, we thought about opening a chain of restaurants named 'Kentucky Fried Children.':D

Later,
Max

The incubation period of the disease is 14 years and cases were reported with latencies of 40 years. Cannibalism is a last resort to dying starvation so the choice would be die of starvation in a few weeks or die a horrible death 14 to 40 years later. :s0131:

I believe as long as you don't eat any part of the person that is in contact with bone or brain, you should be alright. Same goes with Mad cow disease. There are many parts of the infected cow that you can eat that will not infect you with the prion disease.

So on that note, if you are starving and see a nice dead meaty human, digin :s0155:. Just avoid eating meat near the spine or the head. I think a nice human leg with be an interesting delicacy.. YUM YUM :D

I'd eat someone. If it was legal, well prepared; wouldn't you try it?

I've had dog, raccoon, squirrel and other various meats. Some better than others. Now that being said, would I KILL someone just to eat? If it came down to it and I had no real emotional attachment to said person, I could see that as a possibility. But I'm sure I'd be stranded in an area with SOME sort of sustenance from various plants or animals.
Now if it was someone who just kept talking and talking.. yeah, I'd eat the person.

Maybe before the emergency food even ran out. haha..

=P

(I meant the last half in a joking manor, don't freak out.)

But seriously, I would eat a person.
=]

I would not eat a person period. I have no problem talking someones life but would not eat them. I think we live a part of the country where food is all around ect... berries, rabbits, birds, deer, ducks, geese, and plants plus fish plus the neighbors cows, goats, sheeps, turkeys, chickens. So no I would not eat a person when food is abundant for all. For all of you that would good luck but I could not do it. Interesting topic though.

The problem here is the attitude that people can be a food source. Understand there are some of us that don't want to be part of the dinner at your house nor would we like our wives and kids threatened with your activities. I doubt society would allow anyone who eats human flesh to survive, no matter how bad things would get.

jj

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads