JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
For the older generation -

The late Charles Addams had many a cartoon published

In the New Yorker magazine.

So one day he sends his latest in:

In typical Addams style we have a worn looking nurse

Bearing in her arms a newborn in swaddling clothes,

And a nondescript guy in suit and tie, with the typical sinister

Dark eyes which Addams preferred.

Both of them in a hospital nursery room.

The caption is something like this:

"You don't need to wrap it up, I'll eat it right here."

The New Yorker editor realized he absolutely couldn't

Publish it, so bought it for himself, had it framed,

And put it in a prominent place in his office.

Where it lived for many years.

How I know?

My late mother was his secretary at that time,

And she had a wicked sense of humor, too.

isher

I can assure you, I would be eating another human before I resorted to eating my dog... or letting anybody else eat my dog. He is far more useful then 95% of the people I meet on a daily basis.

There are plenty of survival cannibal situations recorded throughout history, many committed by otherwise normal, and to use the cliche, 'God-fearing' people. A good example is a book called "In the Heart of the Sea" about a Nantucket whaling ship, 'The Essex', sunk by a sperm whale ala "Moby Dick". By the time the few remaining crew were rescued, they had been at marooned sea nearly 2 months and virtually all of the crew that initially survived the sinking had been eaten.

Keith

I just remember that the most expensive coffee bean in the world is from a bean that's been eaten and defecated by a squirrel. Has anyone tried this coffee bean?

Maybe its the same coffee, but the version that some guys at work bought cost $300 a pound and was defecated by a jungle cat, a cerval I think.

I learned two things that day, One - I couldn't muster the courage to drink any :s0154:, and Two - some people obviously make too much money to waste it on such stupid stuff like that.

Keith

Originally Posted by CEF1959
Y'all need to just step back from the internet. I realize you never find stupid myths on the internet or anything, but geez, take a break. Feces in banana leaves? Squirrel dung coffee beans? Come on.

Did you hear about the woman who dried her poodle in the microwave?

Did you know the word "gullible" is not in any dictionary?

The word gullible does exist.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/gullible

gul⋅li⋅ble
  /ˈgʌləbəl/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [guhl-uh-buhl] Show IPA
Use gullible in a Sentence
–adjective
easily deceived or cheated.
Also, gul⋅la⋅ble.

Origin:
1815–25; gull 2 + -ible

Related forms:
gul⋅li⋅bil⋅i⋅ty, noun
gul⋅li⋅bly, adverb

Synonyms:
credulous, trusting, naive, innocent, simple, green.
Dictionary.com Unabridged
Based on the Random House Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2009.

CEF1959, I'm just curious as to why you are so fast at making statements as if they were fact?

Um...I think the point was that some people would, after reading this obviously incorrect statement, actually check to see if the word 'gullible' really was in there or not.

A gullible person would check ;).

Keith

I'am thinking if a Cannibalism scenario did happen the women and kids would be going in the stew first,they seem to get the bad end of things first, just saying, not saying I would.

Ididnt read thru all the pages but in the days of old, ie. wooden ships and Iron men, cannibalism was an accepted fact of seagoing life. Many a englishmen or eastcoast atlantic fisherman had his boat sunk and had to resort to eating ther dead and dying in the life rafts. Many survived only by doing this. when they returned to port there was no stigma attached to them and they went about their lives normally. Gald I was a jarhead and not a sailor.:s0131:

[
QUOTE=treemanx;94815]
I whant mah baby back baby back baby back.........ribs!
QUOTE SUN195
Is human the other, other white meat?
[/QUOTE]

Closer than you may think guys. I recall reading an account of an interview with the New Guinea cannibal tribe that RVN VET mentions. Apparently they were asked to compare the taste of human flesh to the other meats meats they had eaten. They said that it is close to.....not chicken, but pork.

BTW, have you ever noticed that threads are at their best when the mods start getting nervous ? lol :s0093:

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top