JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
If Kate Brown were to refuse to enforce a law that we, the gun owning community agreed with, would that be okay?

I'm not a Carpenter fan, I won't vote for Carpenter in the primary. What Carpenter was saying is he has a duty, as the governor of the State Of Oregon, to uphold a law that was voted in by the people. If that law is unconstitutional the he must shoot that law down so it is not enacted in the first place.

Lars in that instance was doing what Lars does, to Carpenter, doesn't allow the speaker to finish what he's saying. Carpenter was TRYING to say he'd find a reason to stop the law from ever coming to his desk if he were Governor.

This latest event is taking on the character of another GOP suicide mission (McCain & Romney).

Lars should have used a "kegle exercise" and passed on the urge to ask potentially embarrassing questions until after the primary...

We couldn't have this debate before the ballots were mailed out...?

Kicked in the nads by the GOP once again...

:s0124:

I posted in another thread some thing important enough the share here, Sam is correct in stating he would uphold any law voted on by the people, it's not his job or in his power to NOT! Laweful, vs Constitutnal are two different things, and it's NOT the job of the Gov'ner to declare a law unjust, but it is with in his power to take action, same as the rest of us! While the debate was a dog and pony show with Lars pushing like he always does, Sam is actually correct, and while we don's like it, it's not wrong! This is the system we have and we are forced into accepting that! What Sam was trying to say, while he would be forced to upholding the voice and will of the people, what Lars didn't let him finish saying, is that he would also do every thing within his power to make that go away, to which as Gov'ner, he has athoraty over the OSP, and he would have the full support of the Sheriffs, so, while the Gov'ner has no power to strike down or simply ignore a law, he does have other powers to make it very hard if not impossible to enforce, Thus making it harmless until it can be brought to the SCOTUS and struck down! Which isn't a good idea right now, not with the current occupants of that bench! Don't toss Sam under the bus just yet, he is actually correct, and reading the rest of his stance, I think he is actually the best chance we have!

Well 193K votes out of 700K maximum have been tallied so far for Republicans Gubernatorial candidates. At this time Buehler is @ 48+%, Carpenter @ 29+% and Wooldridge @ 16+%. I hate to say it but I am going to assume that Knute will take this damn thing just as we all expected since we couldn't get a consensus on Knutes opposition. Mark Callahan is doing even better with 62% for the US house seat. I am truly disappointed but everything is going just as I expected. Having said that, we can most likely expect Brown & Shrader to be reelected. ;-/

Oregon Secretary of State

Last Edited:
Don't count your chickens till the fat lady swings from trees!:D
This is still a long ways off to be tossing in the towel, so don't NOBODY be giving up, after all, it's only our rights and freedoms at stake here, nothing to serious, Right?:eek:
VOTE! Often and hard, but VOTE dammit!

Let me just say that Pedro ran the table on my ballot tonight as a write-in candidate.... from Oregon Supreme, Circuit, and Appeals Courts, to Labor Commissioner.

If an unopposed incumbent can't be bothered to even make a submission on themselves in the Voter's Guide pamphlet.... Perdro got my write-in vote.

:rolleyes:

Anyone else find it ironic that:

Knute Buehler will run against
Kate Brown for governor?

Regardless of who wins the monogrammed towels stay the same. :eek:

In other good news, Soros hand chosen Max Wall conceded in Washington County DA race. Thank you Jesus...

Now here's hoping Chuck Riley is sent packing, don't need him as a Washington County Comminisioner, after all he was a democrat last time around... and another New York Billionaire bought politician...

And hopefully Val Hoyle (another democrat turned republican) will just fade into the sunset...

I gotta be honest brother, Lars is the LAST person in Oregon I'd wish ill will towards. He's the most open pro 2A voice heard in the Portland area.

I gotta be honest brother, Lars is the LAST person in Oregon I'd wish ill will towards. He's the most open pro 2A voice heard in the Portland area.
Agree 100%, he's a consistent supporter of the Second Amendment. As for the debate, he asked a question regarding IP43 and received answers from the attending candidates. Don't blame Lars for someone stumbling over their own words and being ill prepared for the tough questions. Although it should have been obvious that one would be asked...

Agree 100%, he's a consistent supporter of the Second Amendment. As for the debate, he asked a question regarding IP43 and received answers from the attending candidates. Don't blame Lars for someone stumbling over their own words and being ill prepared for the tough questions. Although it should have been obvious that one would be asked...

Exactly.

Lars didn't make Sam trip over his dick. Sam tripped over it just fine all on his own. And he knew it.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top