JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Something to consider here :

10 people died .
10 people who are missed by their families and loved ones.

Some of the comments and posts in this thread , to be blunt are crass , disrespectful and tasteless.
And yes I understand the notion of 'black / dark humor" , however....
Would you like to read some of these comments , if you knew one of the deceased ?

We are a open forum...We get lots of visitors.
What is said and posted on here represents , not only the actual poster of the comment , but all of NWFA and gun owners for many who view our content here.

What you say and post matters.
What you say and post , can be used against you ...or others.

Post within forum rules....and I would also ask that :
When posting ...
Please consider the effect your words or meme's might have on you , NWFA and all of gun owners.
Andy
Where should I ship your Virtue Signal award?

What someone posts in another thread, or even a thread in which I post, has ZERO bearing on me, and only a weak mind would attribute guilt by association in that manner.

I don't know what the (True facts.) ratio is now, 2022, but 20 plus years ago and even less than 20 years ago, the Canadians that did HUNT and trap a LOT had several shotguns and rifles from what I read online = statistics and on old boards/forums.

I knew a couple of hunters on OLD long gone boards.

Some of those posters/members lived in the eastern part of Canada and in the middle/western part of Canada too.

My lady friend (Both of us are in our 70's.) who lives in the boonies in Canada, back east, had a Dad who HUNTED and used firearms a lot, one old shotgun for sure, to feed his family and for pest control. Her late Dad was into knives a LOT too.

She is really INTO knives. I am INTO knives too. That is how we met plus we have MANY other common interests.

Both of our Fathers were into knives, fishing, the outdoors, hiking, walking, swimming, books, DOGS, etc.

Only my late Dad and late Mom were much older and dead than her parents were long before I met her.

Cate

Where should I ship your Virtue Signal award?

What someone posts in another thread, or even a thread in which I post, has ZERO bearing on me, and only a weak mind would attribute guilt by association in that manner.
Not looking for a virtue signal , nor a weak mind...If that is what you took away from my post about me....You are wrong.

We have had people in the recent past.:

Take posts and comments from threads here and re-post them , on other social media sites.
In some cases the words and context was twisted to suit someone's agenda.
In other cases the post from here was directly lifted with no "wordsmithg".
This was done along with negative comments about NWFA and firearm owners .

It was a mess....So what is posted on here , does have bearing on you...and me ....and anyone else who posts here.
Andy

When a place I used to work at launched their sustainability campaign, one of the suggestions was that we wash our pants less often. Er, i think it may have been more specific to jeans… "jeans aren't really supposed to be washed, and by not washing them…." Something like that.

Tell me how raising the voting age isn't preaching?

Better yet, list off all the new laws you think this country needs. That way I have a convenient pile in one place to shake my head at.

You are conflating. I didn't say I think it should, I said I wouldn't have a problem with it.

I already replied to you about your logical process and how I don't care to engage with it - precisely because of conflating things. Debating anything with a conflation artist is pointless.

Being civil is not hard. I appreciate dark humor. I really do. I work in Psych so most will never know the darkness we have to laugh in the face of. But not being a jackdonkey about people who lost someone to senseless violence is just plain bottom of the barrel level of decency.

And frankly, this forum has had lurking anti-gunners. I am just a user and I have seen that.

Can we at least not give ammo to the enemies of freedom?

Are Canada's laws restrictive? Yes. Has the current leadership of their country been openly hostile to gun ownership? Yes. Can we at least show a modicum of respect though?

I'm just curious about something that the news reporter has said. They were called caucasian. When people hear that word they immediately think white skin color. We have disproven the of Eastern Europe and caucus area.

So why would they say Caucasian? The 2 were from the SAME First Nation! Meaning they were both Cree also. I will let you think about this and formulate your own thoughts as to why?

Something to consider here :

10 people died .
10 people who are missed by their families and loved ones.

Some of the comments and posts in this thread , to be blunt are crass , disrespectful and tasteless.
And yes I understand the notion of 'black / dark humor" , however....
Would you like to read some of these comments , if you knew one of the deceased ?

We are a open forum...We get lots of visitors.
What is said and posted on here represents , not only the actual poster of the comment , but all of NWFA and gun owners for many who view our content here.

What you say and post matters.
What you say and post , can be used against you ...or others.

Post within forum rules....and I would also ask that :
When posting ...
Please consider the effect your words or meme's might have on you , NWFA and all of gun owners.
Andy
Hmmm..

Joe

Knives here in UK?

This applies -

1669156289561.png

That's it for buying one. As for wearing one, well, unless you want to feel like a total pratt, walking around town wearing a knife, please go ahead and try it and see what happens. Guess what? You'll be arrested. Y'see, the law hereabouts does not recognise that anybody would actually CARRY a knife around in public unless it is part of their work requirement - like being a professional fisherman, fire & rescue first responder, something like that. An ordinary Joe walking around the streets with a knife is an instant source of suspicion - I'll admit that I've never seen anybody with a knife here in UK that isn't a boy scout.

A young person carrying a knife is usually only doing so for two reasons - 1. To use on another young person. 2. To defend himself from another young person with a knife. People like this way outside my area of interest and experience - I live out in the countryside, and not in a town, where such youths are a commonplace sight. I know most of the youth in our double village, and TMK, none of them either carry a knife, or see the necessity to do so - it's an uban thang.

So a young person carrying a knife has no good reason to do so that would stand up on court, where he would be defending the charge of carrying an illegal weapon.

It's really not so hard to understand, is it?

So a young person carrying a knife has no good reason to do so that would stand up on court, where he would be defending the charge of carrying an illegal weapon.

It's really not so hard to understand, is it?
Actually it is. At 54 years old and having had a knife on me every day since at least the third grade ( a birthday present from my folks), and never once having been tempted to use it on another person, most of these regulations seem rather silly. A knife is standard kit for anyone who actually DOES anything. Mine was kept in a pocket until a few years ago when the keys, wallet, cell phone, etc. got too much in the way and the knife moved to a sheath on my belt for easier access. As a mechanic I use a knife almost every day, scratching, scraping, prying, and sometimes even cutting something. Having to go get a knife every time I needed one would make about as much sense as having to go get shoelaces every time I wanted to walk. Being considered a criminal because of it is almost unfathomable.

Actually it is. At 54 years old and having had a knife on me every day since at least the third grade ( a birthday present from my folks), and never once having been tempted to use it on another person, most of these regulations seem rather silly. A knife is standard kit for anyone who actually DOES anything. Mine was kept in a pocket until a few years ago when the keys, wallet, cell phone, etc. got too much in the way and the knife moved to a sheath on my belt for easier access. As a mechanic I use a knife almost every day, scratching, scraping, prying, and sometimes even cutting something. Having to go get a knife every time I needed one would make about as much sense as having to go get shoelaces every time I wanted to walk. Being considered a criminal because of it is almost unfathomable.
I have carried a knife since age 6. In my family, there is an old saying. "Never marry a man who doesn't carry a knife." Men who don't carry knives are regarded in my family as unprepared. (This is documented since at least 1700) I use mine for just about everything. Oddly, the only divorces in that family are from men who didn't carry knives.

And 1 reason has always been to use on somebody who would use a blade on me. It is a fact. And it has been tried a couple of times in my younger years too. I grew up in a crappy neighborhood where I was definitely not the ethnic majority. Lots of racial gangs where I am from. And I approve of young men having the tools to stay alive.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top