JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Speaking of seat belts....

When I worked at the high school , I also rode the bus to help with my students.
We had a student who was confined to a wheel chair , she also had seizures of various degrees.
One day when getting her on the bus...
She had a seizure. Up shot her arm and the seat belt became tight across her neck.

The D ring safety cutter that the bus driver tried to use , was not working for whatever reason.
So out comes my old and very sharp Boy Scout knife....and I cut the belt about a foot from her hand.
At the time I thinking that the head of Transportation was gonna kill me...
It was a brand new bus...not a week old and here I was cutting the seat belt...:eek: :D

At the end of the day all was well.
The student was okay...
The head of Transportation understood why I did what I did.

And...
I did have a co-worker who was very unhappy that I would carry a knife at work.
She often brought this up to my Vice Principal.
The next time she did this...
I asked her :
So...do you want to ask N______'s parents if I should carry a knife at school...?
N____ being the gal in the chair.
The look on my co-worker's face was priceless....and she quit her bit<hing about me carrying a knife at school...:D
Andy

Last Edited:
Speaking of seat belts....

When I worked at the high school , I also rode the bus to help with my students.
We had a student who was confined to a wheel chair , she also had seizures of various degrees.
One day when getting her on the bus...
She had a seizure. Up shot her arm and the seat belt became tight across her neck.

The D ring safety cutter that the bus driver tried to use , was not working for whatever reason.
So out comes my old and very sharp Boy Scout knife....and I cut the belt about a foot from her hand.
At the time I thinking that the head of Transportation was gonna kill me...
It was a brand new bus...not a week old and here I was cutting the seat belt...:eek: :D

At the end of the day all was well.
The student was okay...
The head of Transportation understood why I did what I did.

And...
I did have a co-worker who was very unhappy that I would carry a knife at work.
She often brought this up to my Vice Principal.
The next time she did this...
I asked her :
So...do you want to ask N______'s parents if I should carry a knife at school...?
N____ being the gal in the chair.
The look on my co-worker's face was priceless....and she quit her bit<hing about me carrying a knife at school...:D
Andy
You should have photographed this creature! You encountered a rare example of the educable Leftist, a species that, when presented with facts that go against their ingrained narrative, can adjust their thinking to conform to common sense based upon the reality of the world as it is, and not how they would wish it to be. It's an exceedingly rare and endangered species, not often found extant in the wild.

You should have photographed this creature! You encountered a rare example of the educable Leftist, a species that, when presented with facts that go against their ingrained narrative, can adjust their thinking to conform to common sense based upon the reality of the world as it is, and not how they would wish it to be. It's an exceedingly rare and endangered species, not often found extant in the wild.
My co-worker ain't really educable.
She is one of those people who always needs to be "right".
She still didn't like that I carried my knife at school and "knew" that I was "wrong" for doing so....
She just couldn't think of a reply to my question.

Luckily for me...
I moved on to a different district...with far better co-workers.
Plus since I am the Dean of Students...it ain't like I'm gonna tell myself to not carry my knife... :D
Andy

My co-worker ain't really educable.
She is one of those people who always needs to be "right".
She still didn't like that I carried my knife at school and "knew" that I was "wrong" for doing so....
She just couldn't think of a reply to my question.
:(
Luckily for me...
I moved on to a different district...with far better co-workers.
Plus since I am the Dean of Students...it ain't like I'm gonna tell myself to not carry my knife... :D
:)
I love a happy ending!

Oh, and Flop and solv3nt, you two reprobates leave that last line right here in this post. I don'wanna see it in "that" thread... :s0002:

I have a tool in each of my cars to do just that. Doubles as a glass hammer. $6.95 in CrappyTyre in Campbellford about 20 years ago.
Say you're walking the dog down the street and see a collision, and you're the only bystander. Unless this happens in your front yard your vehicle is not in play. And traveling with another; cannot assume they have breaching equipment.

I showed my 350-lb friend my sharp knife, saying "this will cut thru a seat belt like butter." And she replied, "I'll just call 9-1-1." She's a ... DOCTOR so yeah she's got a plan ...

Makes you wonder what's going on in Canada, when regular Joes are now suddenly snapping at random and stabbing people with their pocket/carry knives. Makes ya wonder what's changed in the past few years that made their "benevolent" Government sooo afraid of its honest, patriotic, peaceful subjects, that it's now willing to make laws to feed them, defenseless, to the still, and always will be, armed wolves.

News item;
Trudeau government considered the use of tanks to break up the Truckers Demonstrations! 'Cuz, I s'pose, truckers might have pocket knives? :s0092:

Makes you wonder what's going on in Canada, when regular Joes are now suddenly snapping at random and stabbing people with their pocket/carry knives. Makes ya wonder what's changed in the past few years that made their "benevolent" Government sooo afraid of its honest, patriotic, peaceful subjects, that it's now willing to make laws to feed them, defenseless, to the still, and always will be, armed wolves.

News item;
Trudeau government considered the use of tanks to break up the Truckers Demonstrations! 'Cuz, I s'pose, truckers might have pocket knives? :s0092:
M. Trudeau is living proof that SOME amoebas are descended from Homo Sapiens.

Say you're walking the dog down the street and see a collision, and you're the only bystander. Unless this happens in your front yard your vehicle is not in play. And traveling with another; cannot assume they have breaching equipment.

I showed my 350-lb friend my sharp knife, saying "this will cut thru a seat belt like butter." And she replied, "I'll just call 9-1-1." She's a ... DOCTOR so yeah she's got a plan ...
Unanswearish question, like asking me how do I cut a parachutist out of his harness when he's hung up on a tree. It's a tricky one, fer sure.

A zoo doc? At 350lbs . . . just sayin'.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top