JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I don't know much about the area like most of us here. I read the news article and they believe some of the people were intentionally targeted. I don't immediately jump on any bandwagon or accusations. Somewhere else it said that they were of Caucasian ethnicity. Don't look like it but how do I know. Point is that we should be cautious daily. Help our communities during difficult times. Protect ourselves and our communities from the evil people that want to harm our friends, community or loved ones etc. The loss of life is disheartening and appalling that it took place.

Evil is evil and criminals are criminals. The means of how they implement those things will never change the fact that they are only the means of evil and criminal people. What needs to happen is a focus on the problems that cause the actions. That's how you help prevent it from taking place in the future.
Yep, keep ur head on a swivel.

:p :p :p

Something to consider here :

10 people died .
10 people who are missed by their families and loved ones.

Some of the comments and posts in this thread , to be blunt are crass , disrespectful and tasteless.
And yes I understand the notion of 'black / dark humor" , however....
Would you like to read some of these comments , if you knew one of the deceased ?

We are a open forum...We get lots of visitors.
What is said and posted on here represents , not only the actual poster of the comment , but all of NWFA and gun owners for many who view our content here.

What you say and post matters.
What you say and post , can be used against you ...or others.

Post within forum rules....and I would also ask that :
When posting ...
Please consider the effect your words or meme's might have on you , NWFA and all of gun owners.
Andy
The reason my post count is so low…..I don't know if I'll ever get out of probationary 🤣🤣
I relate to all here over firearms, I just don't have much to offer on these kinds of posts. I don't find tragedy to be humorous…

Last Edited:
Most of Saskatchewan is very lightly populated. I know because my sister moved there almost 40 years ago after marring her husband who is Canadian. I have been up there numerous times and never have seen any law enforcement person outside of 1 or 2 in a large city. It is very sparsely populated, where there was once 10-15 small farms there is 1 of 2,000-4,000 acres. The countryside is littered with abandoned farmhouses, up there what rots out in 10 years here takes 100-125 years up there. There are still a couple of original houses of the first settlers on my BIL's property and they are similar to the Kansas-Nebraska homesteads homes of the 1870's and they are still used for storage. They are made of logs no bigger than 5-6 inches (rather than sod used in the American Midwest) and a lot of them are one-thirds to half sunk in the ground. I saw on one of these old homesteads the cab of a 1930's PU on the ground and it had been used a chicken coop. It was in such good condition all you would need to do would be to soda blast it and set it on a frame and all the other parts installed. Down here it would have been part of the soil 50 years ago. Another thing is there are very few guns. The only one I saw was a shotgun when this hunter came up to the house to ask permission to hunt on my sister and BIL's property and I never saw another gun. So yes, I can see a determined evil individual or group of individuals killing a number people without raising attention in the beginning. Knives don't make any noise like guns do. To put the number of inhabitants in perspective, Saskatchewan is 2 1\2 times the size of Oregon with less than 1\2 the population of the Portland metropolitan area.

Last Edited:
Putting metal inside a living human body is usually bad for it.
Metal isn't the the only thing unhealthy..

8938-1532336916.jpg

While we were in California last week, my wife and I bought a few things in a WalMart. We used one of the self-checkout stations.

One of the things we bought was a pair of scissors. Plain, ordinary scissors.

As we were scanning our items and getting ready to pay, a store employee came over to us and scanned a card she was carrying. She told us she had to do this because we were buying the scissors.

I couldn't believe it, so I asked her, just to be sure: "Do you have to approve the purchase because we're buying pointy scissors?"

Yep.

These scissors.

View attachment 1271174

What about ball-point pens? I could repeatedly shank the livin' H out of you with one.

What about ball-point pens? I could repeatedly shank the livin' H out of you with one.
I have had an MD I worked with have this happen to them. It is why you do not wear a hard pen into the Psych ward.

In reality I am sorry for the victims families, but on the other side, I think it highlights the fact that evil will find a way. Whether it is a homemade shotgun in Japan or knives in Canada, evil lurks in people's hearts, and if we are down to fists, they are still deadly. I have worked in psych long enough to know there are endless ways for people to harm their fellow man.

I have had an MD I worked with have this happen to them. It is why you do not wear a hard pen into the Psych ward.

In reality I am sorry for the victims families, but on the other side, I think it highlights the fact that evil will find a way. Whether it is a homemade shotgun in Japan or knives in Canada, evil lurks in people's hearts, and if we are down to fists, they are still deadly. I have worked in psych long enough to know there are endless ways for people to harm their fellow man.
YES, Yes, yes.......

BUT, But, but.......

The POLITICIANS and SHEEPLE thinks that they KNOW of a better solution.

AND, what's that?

BAN inanimate objects and never speak ill of "certain people or certain groups". They're all potential voters (even the Evil ones). And not to mention that, they might actually be helping to further the cause.

Aloha, Mark

Last Edited:
The part I don't understand is the '13 different locations' where the stabbings were carried out.

Did they just calmly move from place to place and stab people indiscriminately?

Why was there not a faster/larger LEO presence to possibly halt their movements or get people out of the area?
I have read several different accounts.

Some 'news' said that specific people were NOT targeted and some news said that specific people were targeted.

I have been busy here at home, not doing research online, reading and posting, and did not follow the latest news in GREAT detail yet. I do not know what IS true or not on specific victims.

I did READ from the gitgo, that the criminal murderers BROKE DOWN and broke through doors to get to some of their victims. That news was released fairly early on the Canadian news.

Some people are saying that it was random - the murders/wounding were random.

The people that were stabbed and did NOT die made the count LOWER, death wise, but the murderers wanted ALL OF THEM DEAD.

Some people have said that it was NOT random at all.

The population is much lower and scattered in some of those places in Canada. I am not just talking about small or large towns - town living but on the First Nations or First Nation LAND (Like our Indian Reservations stateside.) or however they say it.

The police - tribal (?) or not tribal or RCMP has a much LOWER force up there from what I have read in the past, from one Canadian friend, a much older lady who is not into guns but she is into knives, from some long gone Canadian friends on ancient boards and from my general reading.

Maybe they do not have an ALERT system on their telephones or they did not PUT IT OUT fast enough.

Plus with a much lower police force - they couldn't do a door to door - remote or not warning.

I am sure that it did HIT the Canadian regular radio and tv stations as fast as they could get the NEWS out.

It was on Canadian websites = news online. I saw it on a few of them in the beginning but I have not followed much news at all in GREAT detail because of being busy and doing other things.

I did read and hear briefly the one murderer was dead and they did catch one recently - on Wednesday? I am NOT positive there so do not hold me to it since I am posting in the wee hours and have not READ all of the news yet.

Okay, and I just LOOKED UP only a bit of THIS news on this subject matter. HERE you go!

Canada stabbings suspect Myles Sanderson dies after arrest

By Holly Honderich and Jessica Murphy
in Rosthern, Saskatchewan

The suspect in a stabbing spree in Canada which left 10 people dead and 19 injured has died after being captured by police.
Myles Sanderson, 32, experienced "medical distress" after the arrest on a motorway in the province of Saskatchewan following a high-speed chase and died later, police say.
They gave no details. An unnamed official earlier said that Sanderson died of self-inflicted injuries.
Ten victims remain in hospital.
Three are in a critical condition.

NINETEEN - 19 INJURED! Ten - 10 DEAD!

~~~

CANADIAN LINK

https://www.cbc.ca/news

Canada

Sanderson tried to kill one of the mass stabbing victims before, court records show

Social Sharing

Records reveal attempted murder of father-in-law, long history of assaulting his partner

Many links are on the FRONT PAGE.

~~~

CANADIAN LINK

Many links are on the FRONT PAGE here too.

~~~

Many links and this one too:

1. NP Comment

Chris Selley: Why wasn't Myles Sanderson in jail?

With 10 dead and 18 injured, perhaps we can now seriously discuss the failings that facilitate these gruesome reoffences
Author of the article:

(Side note of mine = 19 INJURED is another figure that I have read not just 18 injured as stated here above.)

It is very sad and VERY disturbing to read and hear about these murders.

They had a BIG story about some murders up there not too long ago and those men were ON THE RUN too. That was a couple of years ago if my memory is correct.

Some people have NO respect for life.

Many people have no love for one another (Mankind.) even if they do not LIKE the person. A live and let live type of life.

The Canadians got rid of the death penalty. Remember what we talked about a long, long time ago and I put it up here in a couple of places? LONG, long time ago as in years via tellie, message and online?

IT was the story about the man who DECAPITATED A WOMAN willy nilly on a bus like a Greyhound type of one traveling through Canada? IT was a very long story. The WOMAN DIED OBVIOUSLY.

The man, an immigrant from China (?) who Canada welcomed to their country, did the murder.

He was put into a jail nut house and RELEASED BACK INTO SOCIETY after 7 or ? amount of years.

HE PROMISED THAT HE WOULD TAKE HIS Rx MEDS! Crikey!

They let HIM out into society. He claimed that he was nuts. They let him claim 'crazy'! He did NOT even know the woman who he murdered = HE CUT OFF HER HEAD while on the bus ride.

HE CHANGED HIS NAME from his old name, murdering name, too.

CANADA let him plead 'nuts', they did not lock him up forever, they did not KILL HIM - give him a final death penalty, they LET HIM OUT after less than 10 years if I remember this correctly, they RELEASED HIM BACK INTO SOCIETY and they let his change his NAME so the AVERAGE PERSON would not LINK him to his PAST CRIMES and murder!

NOW, that IS JUST PLAIN freaking nuts when it comes to OH CANADA and their justice system!

Cate

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews