JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
As ever, blame the gun, and not the criminal. The handgun he used was stolen off the gal mountie he killed. The other is supposed to have been illegal. He had no authorisation to possess a firearm.

What type of handgun did he take off of the RCMP lady that he murdered?

May she and the other victims rest in peace.

I read about what happened when the news first broke on various national and international websites.

I never read what guns were used only that he stole guns and vehicles.

He murdered people and started fires.

Take care.

Cate

Let me tell all my brothers to the South the Fur is flying up here this morning. Trudope decided to do an order in Council to Ban over 1500 different types and varients of rifles. As of today we can no longer transport or use these rifles or buy sell trade. Possession of uppers and LPK are now prohibited by lay. Gonna be a rush on rifles and abs at Home depot this weekend.

What is 'abs' when it comes to firearms or ammunition?

Thank you.

Cate

Interesting... it doesn't seem that their military and government have to surrender their "assault" weapons.:rolleyes:

You posted what I was going to post.

So are the police and military going to turn in their SO CALLED 'assault weapons'?

I do not think so.

Cate

Canada better disarm their police, you know, for the children (and the empty fire stations!)

If you're dead set on committing murder with a firearm - you don't need a firearm to start off with. You need a heavy object and the ability to catch a cop off guard. A rock, a hard stick, a metal pipe - bash a cop's skull in, take his gun and his car. Now you likely have two guns, mags, and maybe a gear bag with extra ammo for the long gun - even in friendly Canada.

And compliance rate... they instituted a mandatory gun registration years ago for rifles and shotguns - they had a whopping 3% compliance rate. If the generally compliant, affable Canadians (compared to the average American) won't register their guns, does he think they're going to just hand them over?

This murderer posed as a cop, killed a cop, and used her gun to commit additional murders. Lets ban guns in response! I'm still not sure how Canadian-Obama got re-elected. I haven't spoken to a single Canadian who liked the guy. :eek:

details..

The ban will be enacted through regulations approved by an order-in-council from cabinet — not through legislation. Trudeau said the government was ready to enact this campaign promise months ago, before the COVID-19 pandemic disrupted the legislative agenda.
The Regulations also prescribe the upper receivers of M16, AR-10, AR-15 and M4 pattern firearms to be prohibited devices.

The banned 1500 listed are here.
Canada Gazette, Part 2, Volume 154, Number 3: Regulations Amending the Regulations Prescribing Certain Firearms and Other Weapons, Components and Parts of Weapons, Accessories, Cartridge Magazines, Ammunition and Projectiles as Prohibited, Restricted or Non-Restricted

Dan
Damn I am disappointed there were so many in there I had never heard of.:D
Also interesting that unless I missed it I do not see any of Kel-Tecs stuff in that list. Wonder if they were just missed or if the Canadians just feel their stuff is not worth banning ?:s0140:

Canada better disarm their police, you know, for the children (and the empty fire stations!)

If you're dead set on committing murder with a firearm - you don't need a firearm to start off with. You need a heavy object and the ability to catch a cop off guard. A rock, a hard stick, a metal pipe - bash a cop's skull in, take his gun and his car. Now you likely have two guns, mags, and maybe a gear bag with extra ammo for the long gun - even in friendly Canada.

And compliance rate... they instituted a mandatory gun registration years ago for rifles and shotguns - they had a whopping 3% compliance rate. If the generally compliant, affable Canadians (compared to the average American) won't register their guns, does he think they're going to just hand them over?

This murderer posed as a cop, killed a cop, and used her gun to commit additional murders. Lets ban guns in response! I'm still not sure how Canadian-Obama got re-elected. I haven't spoken to a single Canadian who liked the guy. :eek:
I have long said this too. If they really do make it hard to get guns the poor Cops better watch their backs even more. Some kook who wants a gun will just take one from some poor Cop. Especially in places where the Cops are scared to death to use their gun on some scum who comes after them who "is not armed".:mad:

How Can You Be In Two Places At Once When You're Not Anywhere At All

Hmmm, lemme give that some thought time............

Right. As of this moment I'm here in rural Cambridgeshire yUK, sucking the remains of an Oreo I just allowed to go soggy in my mug of joe.

At this time of year we would normally be somewhere in Oregon, and later on, prolly Fall, at home with some of my family in Ontario, although the timings can often be flexible. We used to spend the Winter months here in yUK for granddaughter's sake - Santa Claus, the Christmas Vulture, Poppa Polar and all that stuff, but she's too old for that now, and really doesn't give a hoot. So we are freed up pretty much all year round these days and can go when and where we want.

Having a semi-permanent domicile here in yUK, and two pied-á-terres, si-disant, in the USA and Canada, it's helpful to some folks who don't know us to relate to the fact that we often know as much, sometimes more, than they do about matters in the three different countries.

Does that help you?

This text is also available in a variety of other languages, if required. Please allow fourteen days' advance notice. Thank you.

I heard they must sell these guns before some date... which upset me because some years ago Canada passed some other crap law making it illegal for foreigners to have FFLs and export guns... so just who is supposed to buy these banned firearms?
Also, i figured the guns used were already illegal or possessed illegally. Go figure!

I heard they must sell these guns before some date... which upset me because some years ago Canada passed some other crap law making it illegal for foreigners to have FFLs and export guns... so just who is supposed to buy these banned firearms?
Also, i figured the guns used were already illegal or possessed illegally. Go figure!
The way gun owners in the US bent over for this latest thing I would not be at all surprised to see this same thing here shortly. Many gun owners would shrug and say "I don't have anything on the list so I don't care", while a lot of those who do would line up to sell them off to the controllers because they were scared. :mad:

Be even easier if citizens been out of work for 6 weeks and are still waiting on their Trump Bux and are having trouble getting their unemployment. Maybe when our .gov does this we'll be offered toilet paper vouchers as part of the buyback.

Fair compensation= you hand over your AW and we won't throw you in the hoosegow

2 years granted in to current owners. 2 years to dispose of their AW's. Again without detail how do you dispose of firearms in Canada? Can you sell them over the border ? I don't think so. Can you sell them within Canada? Can you still continue to use in the next 2 years or is that a symbolic you can hold onto them for 2 years to say goodbye with no using them ?

I don't know how a country can move so fast to ban something - Do they not have courts this has to go thru, citizens voting and such?

Captjack

2 years granted in to current owners. 2 years to dispose of their AW's. Again without detail how do you dispose of firearms in Canada? Can you sell them over the border ? I don't think so. Can you sell them within Canada? Can you still continue to use in the next 2 years or is that a symbolic you can hold onto them for 2 years to say goodbye with no using them ?

I don't know how a country can move so fast to ban something - Do they not have courts this has to go thru, citizens voting and such?

Captjack

"I don't know how a country can move so fast to ban something - Do they not have courts this has to go thru, citizens voting and such?"

Same way NZ did, they are acting like subjects, what the "King" (Government) says goes. There seems to be less and less appetite for liberty all over the globe these days. Heck we're seeing it here with this Covid crackdown. Sad times!

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews