JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
:DSo do we set up a lemonade stand right on the border with cash in hand for our own buy back? Ask the border patrol if we can rent one of their checkpoint booths? Import permits should only take ten years to obtain.

Actually I am expecting few people there to turn them in. Just think how many WWII machine guns are still hidden in homes throughout Europe. Every few years some new owners find one and turn it in and it is publicized, which I am guessing is 15% of the actual number found.

Well, I guess I can't threaten to move to Canada if Biden is elected now...

Maybe we should be using this to OUR advantage. Remind every gun hating commie you meet that Trump is still president and Canada just magically became crime free. Offer to help them pack and give them a ride to the border. Get them to bring as many of their comrades as possible because global warming rideshare.

Never let a crisis go to waste, right?

@tac Ever
Maybe we should be using this to OUR advantage. Remind every gun hating commie you meet that Trump is still president and Canada just magically became crime free. Offer to help them pack and give them a ride to the border. Get them to bring as many of their comrades as possible because global warming rideshare.

Dump 'em all in Quebec and BC, not the "Prairie" region that's closer to us.

While I love the idea you do know what the answer would be. I have a few at work still tell me, strait face, that is we just outlaw guns, period, for everyone, we would be all but crime free here. One loves to mention Australia and how nice it is there. When told about the crime there he walks away. When mentioned to him our border with Mexico where criminals would bring all the guns they want in, he walks away. It is again someone who is running on emotion, no facts are allowed in. People like him don't really bother me though. What does is people who own guns who are just almost as bad off as he is. They are going off emotion too and no facts gets past the emotional firewall.

*** Warning History Nerd Alert ***

Firearms have a long history here in North America.
A large part of our history was devoted to the fur trade...The fur trade provided a impetus for the exploration and the establishment of settlements.
What does the fur trade have to do with firearms....?

A whole class of firearms were made and sold specifically for use in the fur trade.
Trade Guns ( smooth bore ) and Trade Rifles were made to be used by traders and trappers....as well as being sold and traded to the tribes.
One of the most valued and desired item in the fur trade were these guns.

Many tribes used their new firearms in hunting and warfare....and even at times....acting as "middlemen" between traders and other tribes...
The Sioux were well known for blocking traders and sales to other tribes or trading for guns and then re-trading them to other tribes in the early 1800's.
The Blackfoot tribe extended their hunting and raiding range with the horse and guns they got in trade....

One of the first trade items that the Shoshone tribes asked for , from Lewis and Clark were firearms....
The same request was made from the Flathead tribe.

Historically , those who have wanted to control the access to firearms...have wanted control over others

Ironically , as well as historically , most of Canada , had something to due with the fur trade at one time.

History lesson of the day :
Firearms have been a part of our history for a long time.
Those who have firearms can abuse the power and freedom that a firearm can help one maintain...
Conversely....those who have firearms , can maintain their power and freedom , by the use of firearms.
Don't give up a way to maintain your power and freedom.
Andy

details..

The ban will be enacted through regulations approved by an order-in-council from cabinet — not through legislation. Trudeau said the government was ready to enact this campaign promise months ago, before the COVID-19 pandemic disrupted the legislative agenda.
The Regulations also prescribe the upper receivers of M16, AR-10, AR-15 and M4 pattern firearms to be prohibited devices.

The banned 1500 listed are here.
Canada Gazette, Part 2, Volume 154, Number 3: Regulations Amending the Regulations Prescribing Certain Firearms and Other Weapons, Components and Parts of Weapons, Accessories, Cartridge Magazines, Ammunition and Projectiles as Prohibited, Restricted or Non-Restricted

Dan
Where in the heck did they get that list. I doubt there were poeple running around with rocket launchers and 120mm Greek mortars.
B934E169-F3B8-4226-A90E-63AACA237FE2.jpeg
73F6A015-FED0-4296-A32C-CB3BDBF9EB56.jpeg
DBF634F9-5B0A-468B-9C70-814696D2DB94.jpeg

How does Turd expect people to take moose/bear/other dangerous animal, drop trou and PEE at it?
Probably, but not facing the critter...
My advice would be to get your buddy to be the one to drop trou, and face away from the critter, and bend over.
Then, once the critter has initiated the butt-rape, you sneak up behind the critter and garrote it into submission.
Your buddy will surely thank you...

Maybe they do it like say, one day telling everyone they have to stay home and all business that the Gov does not like have to close? Like that?

You just hit a home run here!

Yes, that IS how 'they' do it. They = .gov and if a barber shop, a gym or any other retail business does NOT comply with their orders even though precautions would be taken - the health department or some other department or a FAR LEFT control freak in .gov work will come in and CLOSE YOU UP.

Later on, after you were closed up, IF you did not lose your business, if you were actually ready to open up again with THEIR PERMISSION - the control freaks could come in and DEEM YOU NOT FIT or for some other reason because you DARED TO DEFY them in the beginning!

Meanwhile - people who can't AFFORD TO FIGHT THEM in or out of court are ! out of luck too. So they obey the first ORDER. And, and, and, and, sigh, they still LOSE THEIR @@@, their business, their bank accounts, their homes and the dung just keeps on rolling down hill and creates many, many more problems. ONE business fails and it just explodes into one big cluster you know what!

Cate

"The beatings of law abiding individuals who love life and want to protect it will commence until the criminals stop following their nature.

That is all"

-- Trudy

Ok not really but essentially

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads