JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Yes, you can legally possess grandfathered hi cap magazines.

SB5078:
"prohibiting the manufacture, possession, distribution, importation, selling, offering for sale, purchasing, or transfer of large capacity magazines, by allowing continued possession of large capacity magazines limited to possession prior to, and inheritance on or after, the effective date of this act, subject to certain restrictions on the ability to sell or transfer such large capacity magazines and permitting their possession only on the owner's property or while engaged in lawful outdoor recreational activities or use at a licensed shooting range, or when transporting the large capacity magazine to or from these locations,"

Yes, you can legally possess grandfathered hi cap magazines.

SB5078:
"prohibiting the manufacture, possession, distribution, importation, selling, offering for sale, purchasing, or transfer of large capacity magazines, by allowing continued possession of large capacity magazines limited to possession prior to, and inheritance on or after, the effective date of this act, subject to certain restrictions on the ability to sell or transfer such large capacity magazines and permitting their possession only on the owner's property or while engaged in lawful outdoor recreational activities or use at a licensed shooting range, or when transporting the large capacity magazine to or from these locations,"
Where did you get that language ? It isn't in the bill which just passed the legislature.

SB5078:

Now I see what's happened. That's the proposed bill. It's not the final language that was voted on at the last minute.

To be clear it is still an infringement on or rights and should be viewed as such, even though the version that passed was quite watered down. It is still death by a thousand cuts and we need to actively vote and be in contact with our reps to try an quell these misguided bills. On that note I would like to thank all those that dove in and provided the links for this community to actively let our voices be heard. :s0166: Take a bow!

Where can I find the final version of the bill. All I've found since Saturday is the original language and vague references as passed!

Smiles,

Three posts ago, in my response to you:

:rolleyes:

Now I see what's happened. That's the proposed bill. It's not the final language that was voted on at the last minute.

Three posts ago, in my response to you:

:rolleyes:
Ok, it seems that they made this just about impossible to understand. I wasn't sure it was the final draft with a January date.
Is the part that is under lined what you are highlighting for us?
If so, I feel so much safer knowing that criminals will no longer have access to hi-cap magazines! :)

Rather than amend my comment above, I think I found the pertinent section of the actual law 36(a) which states:
"
but shall not be construed to include
any of the following:
(a) An ammunition feeding device that has been permanently
altered so that it cannot accommodate more than 10 rounds of
ammunition;"

IMO the key word there is "permanently" to me means mods are not legal unless they are somehow made permanent.

Typically a pin is put in to block the follower from allowing more than 10 rounds. Easy to change but there'll still be the hole there, and valuable mags get ruined.

Ok, it seems that they made this just about impossible to understand. I wasn't sure it was the final draft with a January date.
Is the part that is under lined what you are highlighting for us?
If so, I feel so much safer knowing that criminals will no longer have access to hi-cap magazines! :)
Yeah, that's about the gist of it. Punish us while the criminals remain largely unaffected. It has nothing to do with public safety and everything to do with pandering to the anti-gun narrative.

Yeah, that's about the gist of it. Punish us while the criminals remain largely unaffected. It has nothing to do with public safety and everything to do with pandering to the anti-gun narrative.
Usually how it goes. Its not actually to stop crime, its to keep the 1% safer from everyone else.

I don't get this thread. Why would someone ruin a perfectly good magazine by perma-blocking it, when possession is not, er, will not be, illegal? Keep the >10 round mags, and if you feel you need to, buy some 10-rounders to absorb the cycling wear from casual target shooting.

County Sheriff's are voted in to office. Most of forum members live and shoot at outdoor ranges located in Sheriff's jurisdictions. Officially their position is to support this and other ridiculous anti-2A legislation. The reality is "not likely"!
They are swarn to uphold the Constitution and support their constituents!
The whole SB is stupid beyond any and all logic.

Currently my casual and competition rifle shooting doesn't require hi-cap mags. I do have and will continue to carry my former duty weapon with hi-cap mags. My handgun competition days are over due to neck issues.
And you should continue to do your patriotic duty to support the 2-A!
😃 😃 😃 😃 😃 😃 😃 😃

Last Edited:
None of that will make sense to the leftists, whom we like to cater to here at NWFA in hopes of educating them through our kind, excellent speech and sound, factual advice, however, at times like this I am reminded of the words of King Solomon; "The way of a fool is right in his own eyes, But a person who listens to advice is wise"….so, there is that.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top