JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Much of the outrage expressed at the engineers meeting had to do with the improper prioritization of their plan... One of engineers at my table raised his hand and said "you just got done saying how roadways are going to be impossibly blocked, and your first priority is to build A PARKING STRUCTURE??!!"

Yeah, just gives you warm fuzzy feelings, right? "I'm from the State and I'm here to help you":eek:

The "plan" sounds absolutely useless to me, of course it would be being drawn up by people who have no knowledge of anything but sound bites and their own reelection. The magnitude of the disaster that an earthquake would produce would make Katrina look like kindergarten. Not thousands or tens of thousands but hundreds of thousands and possibly millions will die due to the quake and the effects of the aftermath lasting for years not weeks or months. The only place the death toll would be more is in California. And what happens if both the PNW and California experience simultaneous quakes or close together? I don't think the entire country could recover from these disasters for 100 years or more. Yes I am going with the very worst case scenarios but unless people imagine them they cannot plan for them. The Pentagon planners run the most outlandish scenarios trying to come up with plan for them, the state planners sound like a bunch of Pollyanna's.

Also why keep the new seat of government classified? Sounds like they want a safe haven when the masses come clambering for their heads due to poor planing.

all I meant by that is that I don't know enough about their plan to really criticize it. Some plan is better than no plan but that doesn't mean said plan wont make things worse. Supposedly they will have 60K relief workers arriving... that cant be bad even if they screw up and put them all in one spot.

60,000 relief workers? With bridges, roads out, with damaged air fields, rail disruption, complete infrastructure failures how are they going to move them around? How are they going to support them ?

Aircraft take huge amounts of fuel per ton mile and need complex support services. For every person that is seriously injured, not critically, seriously it will take minimum of 6 people to provide preliminary field treatment.

I have seen what it takes to support wild land fire supression under perfect infrastructure conditions. That is a minute portion of wjat would be needed

Not flaming you or arguing by any means, I just have zero confidence in Oregons Emergency Management to think they could even remotely execute a plan on the scale that would be needed.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top