JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
ClubOrlov: Imperial Collapse Markers

In thinking through the (for now) gradually unfolding collapse of the American empire, the collapse of the USSR, which occurred close to three decades ago, continues to perform as a goldmine of useful examples and analogies. Certain events that occurred during the Soviet collapse can serve as useful signposts in the American one, allowing us to formulate better guesses about the timing of events that can suddenly turn a gradual collapse into a precipitous one.

Oh I don't know. Nobody can see the future with complete clarity. But there are a lot of indicators that that don't bode well for our financial future. Orlov's vision is just one. Giving credit were it's due, he has experience with seeing it first hand in Russia. The US has been on a slow slide downhill; our money has lost a lot of purchasing power just since the so-called Great Recession of 2007-08. But "slow" isn't guaranteed in perpetuity. Sometimes financial disasters can be very abrupt, such that if you're weren't ready when it hit, there wasn't time to get ready. I hope Orlov is completely wrong. On the other hand, certain institutional forces are in play that cannot be denied. At best, my belief is that the slow downhill slide will continue and is pretty much inevitable. Absent some very drastic changes for which there is no political will in the US. "Make America Great Again" sounds good on paper.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews