JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
FWIW, I have a 55 gallon drum and hand pump. I have not filled it with any fuel yet, but it is there and ready. I also have a 250 gallon "fuel oil" tank on a stand. I need to clean it out (I think previous owner was using it for waste oil conversion to bio-diesel), but it is in great condition - I will use it for truck and equipment diesel when I move.

How to fill them?

As CR57 stated, that is problematic; gas stations are prohibited from filling standalone fuel containers larger than 10 gallons.

I will work something out.

I think 55 gallon drums are probably the most practical. They can be moved, and they can be filled.

I have a collection of jerry cans stored in a shop, they are handy. I had 2, 250 gal heating fuel tanks for diesel mounted 6 feet off the ground but they got rusty and the fuel hose rotted away. The local fuel-oil company would fill them once a year. I find the 5 gallon cans to work well.

FWIW, I have a 55 gallon drum and hand pump. I have not filled it with any fuel yet, but it is there and ready. I also have a 250 gallon "fuel oil" tank on a stand. I need to clean it out (I think previous owner was using it for waste oil conversion to bio-diesel), but it is in great condition - I will use it for truck and equipment diesel when I move.

How to fill them?

As CR57 stated, that is problematic; gas stations are prohibited from filling standalone fuel containers larger than 10 gallons.

I will work something out.

I think 55 gallon drums are probably the most practical. They can be moved, and they can be filled.

You can fill 55gal drums at fuel stations. Might be easier if your near a racetrack as they would see it more often. I do endurance auto racing and we'll show up at a regular gas station, talk to the attendant to find the easiest way to pay, and fill 2-3 drums at a time. Not a big deal really. We've done that the past 5 years.

You can fill 55gal drums at fuel stations. Might be easier if your near a racetrack as they would see it more often. I do endurance auto racing and we'll show up at a regular gas station, talk to the attendant to find the easiest way to pay, and fill 2-3 drums at a time. Not a big deal really. We've done that the past 5 years.
I know I have seen the ORS cited, probably at a gas station, but I can't find it in the statutes online. I recall it saying 10 gallons was max.

Maybe they just put the sign up to keep people from rolling up with multiple drums.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top