JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
Reactions
Happened to a buddy of mine 3 nights ago. Happened in Eugene.

He was selling 2 expensive ipads online totaling over $900. He met the buyer at night at Mcdonalds and they did the transaction outside. The thief looked at the ipads and he said he wanted to buy it. He gave my buddy fake money in hundreds and he quickly grabbed the ipads and he ran off. My buddy has a concealed license and he held the thief at gunpoint and demanded he give the ipads back. The thief faced my buddy and he said no. He kept telling my buddy that he wont give it to him.

The thief must have had balls of steal.. My buddy is a pretty intimidating guy and even though he held that bastard at gunpoint, he refused to give the ipads back.

The thief then quickly got inside his gateway car and they drove off..

If my buddy shot the thief and killed him, would my buddy be charged?

My buddy didnt call the cops since there was nothing that they could have done anyway.. The thief was wearing a mask and of course, there was no evidence either. So it would have been "it's what he said, and what she said",

I told my buddy to next time meet inside of a bank or police station during the day when selling high prices items.. He learned his lesson...

yes he would have been charged
what boggles my mind is that the thief didn't even plea for mercy when he was held at gunpoint.. if i was the thief, i would have crapped my pants and begged for mercy..

the thief was VERY lucky that my buddy is a kind and responsible gun owner... if the thief ever did this to the wrong person, or some mob member, they would have emptied the entire magazine into him..

My opinions ain't worth the time you spend reading them but here goes.

Happened to a buddy of mine 3 nights ago. Happened in Eugene.

He was selling 2 expensive ipads online Mistake number one totaling over $900. He met the buyer at night Mistake number two at Mcdonalds and they did the transaction outside Mistake number three. The thief looked at the ipads and he said he wanted to buy it. He gave my buddy fake money in hundreds and he quickly grabbed the ipads and he ran off. My buddy has a concealed license and he held the thief at gunpoint mistake number four and demanded he give the ipads back. The thief faced my buddy and he said no. He kept telling my buddy that he wont give it to him.

The thief must have had balls of steal.. My buddy is a pretty intimidating guy and even though he held that bastard at gunpoint, he refused to give the ipads back.

The thief then quickly got inside his gateway car and they drove off..

If my buddy shot the thief and killed him, would my buddy be charged? Absofrakinglutley

My buddy didnt call the cops since there was nothing that they could have done anyway.. The thief was wearing a mask and of course, there was no evidence either. So it would have been "it's what he said, and what she said",

I told my buddy to next time meet inside of a bank or police station during the day when selling high prices items.. He learned his lesson...

I do not believe you can pull a gun to stop an unarmed theft. ?

You're boy have a concealed carry license by chance?

He was selling 2 expensive ipads online Mistake number one
nothing wrong with selling expensive stuff online like on craiglist or offerup. ive done so many many times and always meet inside of a bank during the day.

where else can you sell your stuff?

ps: please dont say ebay, since ebay sucks and they charge outrageous fees, and not only that, the seller can easily scam you by doing a charge back with paypal.

Look up the elements of what are needed to justify use of force. If your buddy would have pulled the trigger he'd be sitting in a cell. Hell, just pulling the gun could have gotten him some time. At no point was his life threatened during the entire exchange. Sounds like someone who needs to study up or put his gun in the safe. Not a smart practice when CCW.

The funny thing about it is, if the "suspect" would have had a CCW he would have been justified in shooting your buddy. He would have a good case for self defense cause your buddy introduced the weapon and "use of force" first.

Be smart if you're gunna carry a gun. Or don't.

so if someone breaks into your home when you are sleeping, you cant shoot and Sir

so if someone breaks into your home when you are sleeping, you cant shoot and kill the intruder???
Legally? Depends on the situation. To be a legal self defense shooting. You (or someone you're protecting) have to be in a direct physical danger. While someone breaking into your home should be considered this imo, it takes more than that to be considered justified. They have to be making some sort of attempt to harm you or someone else.

Look up the elements of what are needed to justify use of force. If your buddy would have pulled the trigger he'd be sitting in a cell. Hell, just pulling the gun could have gotten him some time. At no point was his life threatened during the entire exchange. Sounds like someone who needs to study up or put his gun in the safe. Not a smart practice when CCW.

The funny thing about it is, if the "suspect" would have had a CCW he would have been justified in shooting your buddy. He would have a good case for self defense cause your buddy introduced the weapon and "use of force" first.

Be smart if you're gunna carry a gun.
ill be sure to tell him this!!

Be smart if you're gunna carry a gun. Or don't.
Absolutely right! People carrying need to be aware of these things. Read too many things about stuff like this... also see a decent amount of carry pistols for sale that have 0 rounds fired, ODD

Absolutely right! People carrying need to be aware of these things. Read too many things about stuff like this... also see a decent amount of carry pistols for sale that have 0 rounds fired, ODD
Yea. Scary. Just cause it's a right doesn't mean the user shouldn't do their due diligence and get training, shoot, and have the mental awareness and capability to comprehend the gravity of carrying and possibly having to use a firearm in self defense. Watching dudes draw, reload, and run their suck on YouTube doesn't suffice. This world is serious. It's not a video game. Actions have consequences.

Legally? Depends on the situation. To be a legal self defense shooting. You (or someone you're protecting) have to be in a direct physical danger. While someone breaking into your home should be considered this imo, it takes more than that to be considered justified. They have to be making some sort of attempt to harm you or someone else.
If you shoot straight....of course the dead guy was aggressive!

The act of breaking in could put someone in fear of their, or loved ones lives....

Status

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top