JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
It's a decent multi tool.

Blunt force implement , sharpening one edge creates a crude cleaver, and of course the traditional digging role.

One stop chopping
Norman....Norman???

Screen Shot 2022-02-10 at 9.21.38 PM.png

Shooting him in the foot could be considered an "accidental discharge" couldn't it? I mean, "in the excitement of the moment I guess I squeezed the trigger, I didn't mean to I swear! "
It would be FUN if we could do this. Sadly if someone does they will very likely be charged and have to hire a lawyer. Scum who got shot will go after the insurance Co for the cost and get a pay out. 🤬

In Oregon presenting a firearm is a felony assault
No. Pointing a gun at someone in Oregon is legal if the situation is one of self defense. And if you point a gun at another without the situation being one of self defense, in Oregon it is neither an assault nor a felony. In Oregon this is "Pointing a firearm at another," which is ORS 166.190. If guilty the punishment is a fine of $10 - $500 and/or county jail time of 10 days to 6 months. Nothing is said about it being even a misdemeanor let alone a felony or assault. The dictionary definition of assault involves a physical attack. (ORS 166.190 replaces the older now defunct crime of "menacing.") It probably wouldn't be considered self defense to go out and protect your car, but I'm guessing. And Oregon law isn't very friendly toward using a gun to protect your property.

What about if you go outside carrying a firearm to prevent the bad guy from stealing your car carrying a handgun or long gun in your hand but not pointing it at the bad guy? I don't know. ORS 166.190 doesn't say.

I once had a situation where I was living in the coastal mountains and three men repeated trespassed on my land after hallucinogenic mushrooms. They glared at me with impunity while breaking down my fences getting over them. I was out in the yard glaring back, with a concealed handgun that stayed concealed. Its not very comfortable having three strange men trespassing on your property for half a day when you are a young woman living alone. It basically ruins things for the entire time they are there.

My solution was to rearrange the fencing a bit and put my flock of nine large Embden geese in the field they crossed to get to the bridge they needed to use to reach the back area with the mushrooms. Next time they came they pressed down my perimeter fence damaging it again, and walked down the path to the bridge like they owned the place, as usual. But the bridge was a high point and favorite resting place of the geese, who immediately attacked with outthrust necks, flapping wings, and furious honks. The three mushroom hunters turned and ran at full speed back up the path and chased by the entire flock, and scrambled over the fence. They never returned.

I could have called the cops on the trespassers, but that would invite retaliation. Especially since they would get caught with illegal mushrooms. But a flock of aggressive geese is different. Its less personal. More like an act of nature.

Instead I bought some "riot balls".
If you keep a container of the regular paint balls in the freezer, they do a pretty good job as well. 😉

On a side note....As stated by the esteemed self defense lawyer, the PD would like you to stay in the house and be a good witness. For me, the best way I can do that is to use the clearest optic I have in the house. You know...for a good view of the perp. I just so happens that the best one I have sits upon a rifle. Yah, I guess I can do that.

If you keep a container of the regular paint balls in the freezer, they do a pretty good job as well. 😉

On a side note....As stated by the esteemed self defense lawyer, the PD would like you to stay in the house and be a good witness. For me, the best way I can do that is to use the clearest optic I have in the house. You know...for a good view of the perp. I just so happens that the best one I have sits upon a rifle. Yah, I guess I can do that.
That was how I got the idea of looking for these. LONG ago when the markers got going the local news showed this. Nothing like giving the idiot kids more idea's :mad:
Little hoodlums were freezing paint balls and shooting at homes out in the county. Damn things were able to shatter glass and make nice holes in metal siding. :eek:
I had thought of buying some paint ones and freezing them but did not want to have to get the ammo out of the freezer first if I need it. Not to mention the ones I bought are reusable. Once I made the trap for them so they were not going clean through I could practice and different distance to get the feel for them and load them back in the markers :D

I dunno. There are a lot of things to consider. If the car is a Prius or a Subaru Outback, and there is a "coexist" or "Beto for president" bumper sticker on it, and they have a virtue signaling yard sign on the front lawn, and they guy's hand is shaking, etc. etc., I might try a run for it. On the other hand, if it's a Hummer or a Ford 750 and the guy looks like a Navy SEAL and has the drop on me, I 'd probably stay put. But, then again, I never tried to steal a car either, so I dunno. :s0092:
If the guy lives on 20 forested acres in the boonies, then there is a good chance that the crim may windup as coyote bait just for stepping onto the property - so no crime.

A criminal doesn't know whether some citizen with a gun is going to shoot him if he tries to run away or not, regardless of what the law says about the legality of that action.
Mind you that I'm NOT saying that the below is what YOU would be doing. But I question/suspect/ponder the "logic" of the claim.

LOL.
Yeah.....first mistake here. And, it's mine.

Because, the CRIMINAL is not burdened with applying logic, reason, compassion, etc.....etc..... to situations that they might face.

++++++++++++++++++
++++++++++++++++++

So then, when held at gun point and told that the cops have been called......

......the "suspect" could/should always say/claim that he was trying to avoid being shot in the back. So instead, he tried to disarm the guy with the gun. Rrrrrrright.....with his superior Kung Fu.

Hummmm.....it does sounds familiar. To ME at least.

BUT, But, but......I suspect that color could/will probably be a factor too. Though it shouldn't.

Aloha, Mark

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads