JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have alot of sized brass that I pick up at local ranges . I go thru it clean it size it. Here is the question . What prices do I need to charge to get this stuff moving. Brass scrap weight is right around $1.80 a pound I lose a lot of weight cleaning the dirt off and removing primers maybe best to just scrap it vs labor ? again dirt weight and primers

I have alot of sized brass that I pick up at local ranges . I go thru it clean it size it. Here is the question . What prices do I need to charge to get this stuff moving. Brass scrap weight is right around $1.80 a pound I lose a lot of weight cleaning the dirt off and removing primers maybe best to just scrap it vs labor ? again dirt weight and primers

Sending usable brass to the scrapper is a sin.

Well sitting on it and starving is not good either or selling it to someone for scrap prices is kinda messed up as well.

Then I would suggest you take some photos, clean, but don't size and decap, seperate, and put it in the reloading classified for $2.00, $2.50, or?, per pound.

I can empathize. I occasionally pick up brass at the range when there's a bunch and it's convenient. I give it to friends when someone needs some, but every couple years end up accumulating way more than I need, so I sell it online.

There seems to be a glut right now. Ammo prices are cheap, and empty brass is plentiful. Things like 9mm, .40sw, and 5.56 don't seem to be worth much more than scrap price, so they just sit in buckets in my garage.

At a scrap brass price of $1.80/lb, a 9mm case is worth 1.5 cents, .40 is about 1.8 cents each, and 5.56 is around 2.5 cents each. I've seen these common calibers selling for about that lately. Considering the time spent sorting and cleaning, any I pick up will just go into the scrap bucket unsorted. Better yet, I will just leave it lay for the next guy who might need it.

Well I clean up blm shooting areas usually every weekend. The brass used to cover gas and dump fees for trash I picked up ..That is coming to a swift end as I can not afford it....But if that 20rds a month comes I guess I will be set lol

ohh at least a few hundred pounds of sized brass...Last week alone I sized half a 5 gal bucket of 223 . Rockchucker press rcbs standard base dies... I have a bunch sorted by headstamp but lost interest in doing that when we are talking that whopping extra 20 cents a pound..

Last Edited:
Well I clean up blm shooting areas usually every weekend. The brass used to cover gas and dump fees for trash I picked up ..That is coming to a swift end as I can not afford it....But if that 20rds a month comes I guess I will be set lol
Being set indeed! There's value in that statement if not the brass right now. If you shoot a lot of 5.56 consider casting, powder coating, and/or swaging your own jacketed projectiles to get self-sufficient with that "evil" black rifle. Stick it in their eye as hard as you can for as long as you can. Liberty and freedom are long term investments that are neither cheap nor free.

Being set indeed! There's value in that statement if not the brass right now. If you shoot a lot of 5.56 consider casting, powder coating, and/or swaging your own jacketed projectiles to get self-sufficient with that "evil" black rifle. Stick it in their eye as hard as you can for as long as you can. Liberty and freedom are long term investments that are neither cheap nor free.
My family has been gunsmiths , reloaders and military I get ya...

50 1.jpg nov 18 1.jpg

These guys have brass. Most of their deals have free shipping too. $61 for 1500 223's, 45acp at $38 per K in 1500 lots albeit out of stock at the moment. They also have a deal where you can get 40 pounds of mixed in several varieties @ $3 per pound shipped to you door.

Rifle Brass | Range Brass

Bear in mind if there is debris or primers in a few of the cases they knock it down to #2. These guys say average going price at this very moment is...... Brass - iScrap App

I'd be a player on summa yer stuff at $2 but I'm sure a lot of people would.

Quick question... where are you getting $1.80 a pound for brass? Currently seeing scrap prices in OR listed at $1.34 a pound on internet. I have a bunch of brass fittings to unload if the price is right.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top