JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Calbag Metals in Portland is at $2.22 today!!

Such a shame to have to scrap brass, I miss the days of cheap components and people actually buying brass!!

A 1,000 - 9mm cases weigh 8.5 pounds.
Scrap price at $2 a pound will fetch you $17.
I refuse to pick it up, seperate the brass, wet tumble it, inspect it and sell it for $25 a thousand.
But people will go out and buy new 9mm brass for $30 a hundred.
I've reloaded some of my 9mm and other straight walled pistol calibers so many times the nickel plating has worn off and can't read the head stamp and more.
On 45acp I quit counting after fifty reloads.

I'm sitting on all of my 9mm brass until range brass takes a hike in price again.
Thing will go sour for us reloaders again and things will increase in price.
I only scrap garbage cases, if it's reloadable I keep it. Back when obozo was in office I sold close to three tons of rifle and pistol brass and am sitting on close to that amount right now and am still getting more.

Lead is another commodity that I buy , process and sit on. I,ve sold tons & tons of processed lead all across the country. 70 pound medium flat rate boxes holds 70 pounds of lead shipped for less then $20 a box.
I should be getting a couple hundred pounds of range brass on monday. I'll seperate it, wet tumble it and store it with my other processed brass until the price goes back up again.

I like processing lead in the spring time when the weather is nice and no rain. I can clean and mold a lot of lead on a weekend.

The price paid for scrap cartridge brass in Seattle today was $2.20 the pound.

I didn't have much to sell, mostly spent primers and damaged / worn out cases. Also some really old paper shotshell heads made of brass, after they were thrown in the fire to burn away the paper.

The price paid for scrap cartridge brass in Seattle today was $2.20 the pound.

I didn't have much to sell, mostly spent primers and damaged / worn out cases. Also some really old paper shotshell heads made of brass, after they were thrown in the fire to burn away the paper.
So they take spent primers?:eek::eek::eek:
Those 8 jugs equal just shy of 100#s. I need em gone…

EFB52FCF-2E21-4450-8A1E-CCAC436ABC2C.jpeg

So they take spent primers?:eek::eek::eek:
Those 8 jugs equal just shy of 100#s. I need em gone…
Well, they take them where I sell my recycling. After all, they are brass and used in cartridges, so "cartridge brass." And dust, there is X amount of dust that gets mixed in with spent primers. The recyclers get the dust too.

They get some already with fired cases that are still capped.

I'd say call first to make sure.

I've been taking my brass to Calbag lately and they actually pay a little more per pound for primers over the price of just brass cases FWIW
Is CalBag paying more that Metro Metals for cartridge brass? I live 5 min away from Metro. My boy gave me 2 5 gal buckets 3/4 full of mixed. There's something in me that tells me it a sin to throw away usable brass though. It's a dilemma! But geeze, I already have a bunch of everything I shoot/load. And no one want's good used brass at half or less the price of new.

I was talking with a fellow member yesterday about the brass situation.
I called Braven metal's yesterday, they are paying seventy cents a pound for brass rifle and pistol cases.
I called Skagit Steel yesterday and they are paying eighty-five cents a pound for brass rifle and pistol cases.
For that price I'll hang on to all of my scrap brass .
At the low prices the reloadable brass is selling for I'll sit on them to.

It's a waiting game.

I called Braven metal's yesterday, they are paying seventy cents a pound for brass rifle and pistol cases.
I called Skagit Steel yesterday and they are paying eighty-five cents a pound for brass rifle and pistol cases.
Yes, they are offering so little because they are in an outlying area. They haul it to someplace like Pacific Iron & Metal in the Seattle industrial district where they get more than the $2.20 I got because larger amounts get a spiff over small amounts. Basically, the difference is transportation. You can save yours up for when you may have a trip to Seattle already planned. The VA is in the south end of town, that's when I take my recycling along. But I don't make a special trip for it. There is a Korean-owned recycling place nearer to me, they offer a fraction of what I get in Seattle. But I've seen Pacific Iron & Metal's green bins there that they haul it into town in.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews