JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
Today's good manager is tomorrows fired manager for not moving enough cars- owners tend to be fickle like that. 14+ years working at dealers...I've seen plenty of it myself. Same thing happens in the service and parts departments- better hit the numbers the owner(s) are looking for or you are down the road for the next guy

If the anti-gun salesman blew a sale to Swhwabdl, you can bet he's caused others to walk also. When sales managers keep bad people around that loose sales for others, their days are numbered. Hope the big mouthed anti went with him.

Man I hope the stupid salesman that started this problem doesn't see this thread.
He would be SOOO happy to see how he got all us gunners "up in arms"
Pun intended

Think about it.He took 15 minutes of his life to disrupt ,how many of us and our time?

I think he won this war ,easily

Now is the time to call the dealership, ask for the sales manager, and ask his positon on the 2A. If he is pro 2A, fine, time to let this die. If not, well, we all know who will not be looking for a new car there.

Now is the time to call the dealership, ask for the sales manager, and ask his positon on the 2A. If he is pro 2A, fine, time to let this die. If not, well, we all know who will not be looking for a new car there.

Good luck with that! It would be like trying to catch smoke....these guys are professional liars, you aren't going to pin him down that easy!

Why let this die so quickly? The longer the discussion goes on the greater impact we may have!

well, it sounds like the higher ups tried to do right by you immediately... calling to boycott because one salesman has a different opinion than you?

The saleman spoke for the etire company. Said he couldn't carry at all in dealerships. He spoke for the manager and for the company as a whole. He shouldn't have just told him to apologize, he should have been seriously reprimanded for stereotyping the man for having a gun. Heck he even demanded to see his permit!

If I worked somewhere and said to a customer "hey Mexcian, I demand to see your green card!" you think all I would have to do is apologize and everything would be cool?

I'll meet you half-way. If that dude still works there then that company should be boycotted...if he was fired then it shouldn't be. For all we know the manager made the sales dude apologize just so he could still get the OP's money.

The issue is not with the carry piece being seen. Mine is seen all the time. The "should not be seen..." comments are typical of the cc crowd trying to turn the tables and lay blame on the carrier. The issue is with an employee placing his personal beliefs into a situation that was not his business. Had he done that where I work he would have been fired immediately and perhaps in front of the customer.

You're right, don't blame the gun owner. I blame the d-bag who overreacted to seeing it, negatively impacting a number of things for more than a few people. No question, it was the salesman who literally ruined the whole deal.

But consider also that since I have ZERO control over the unreasonable reactions of others, I simply take responsibility for the "seeing it" part of the equation. I can't teach my rights to total strangers and expect them to understand or respect anything. Dimwits are everywhere, always on the alert for something to spaz about. Since they don't "open carry" their irrational instincts, I can't tell who's "packing." So my individual choice in public is to keep my personal business (and tactical advantage) to myself.

Don't break concealment. It upsets some folks.

You break concealment, in my mind, you're entitled to the reactions you create.

I disagree 100%, no 110%. If I was going to do business there I would OC, I would purposely OC...If they do not like gunowners, that is fine with me, there are thousands of Ford dealers out there very willing to take my money, why should i give 1 cent to someone that does not support my 2A position? MY OC is my personal announcement that I DO support the 2A.

People go with what matters to them.

Not everyone agrees with me.

The difference between us is that I don't need to make a point of it. That increases, in this case, the number of Ford dealers I can do business with.

You choose your own limits. My limits are different-- I'm a Chevy guy.

Someone should point the idiots at the dealership to this post to see how a bad rep now gets around. It's a new world and the old school salesman just don't realize how their rep can proceed them.

Well the fella that said you have no right to carry has no idea what the constitution says!!! He must be unedjucated and the only job he can get or that he is qualified for is a used car salesmen.. It is your right and im very glad to see you handle it this way. Great Job!!!!

Actually JimmyD you have no idea what the US constitution says. CCW on private property is not a protected right. Any private company can ban carry on their own land.

Status

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads