JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I've noticed people mad about SB 844, a bill that would let communities ban state regulated pot dispensories. They're using the same tactics they did with SB 941.
Anyone think we might have some friends in unorthodox places?

Well guys, I am not going to make a list of businesses to target. I hope to have very soon a list of those legislators who made a second vote for sb941. From there we will look to those who donated to those legislators. This is just like any other job, you get in there and plug away until you get results then you work harder. It won't happen over night cause this isn't fast food but we will have it our way.

SB 525 and SB 315. I believe these two bills have similar issues to SB 941 in that they are not thought through sufficiently. I have to ask questions when bills come before me.

How would law enforcement know someone has guns?Does law enforcement need a search warrant?Would law enforcement be searching a home without cause?If the recipient of the restraining order has not yet violated any laws and has not been convicted of anything (yet) can law enforcement truly confiscate guns without some sort of conviction?What about other "weapons" – such as baseball bats and knives?Does our Constitution allow for or demand a gun registry?Who has the right to know what I own or don't own?Does this law meet with the intent of the Constitution of the United States and the Constitution of Oregon?

The list goes on – but I believe you get the general direction – We all need to ask the "what then" question. What happens after we pass a new law?

Your truly

Representative Sal Esquivel

House District 6

email: [email protected] I phone: 503-986-1406address: 900 Court St NE, H-483, Salem, OR 97301

Borrowed this from tdkguy so more will read it, let's copy and paste the Constitution to an email and send it to him.

Edited to add the guy is on our side but still send the emails to be forwarded to those against us.

Last Edited:
I've noticed people mad about SB 844, a bill that would let communities ban state regulated pot dispensories. They're using the same tactics they did with SB 941.
Anyone think we might have some friends in unorthodox places?
Like the fact that they can smoke medical now and still get a permit to carry but wont be able to buy the handgun to carry.......

Thanks for your permission, but as I said, I do not have the time ....................In other words, I'm not going to MAKE the time.........:D

Everyone has time to do whatever they WANT to do................:D:D

I get it, but time spent today may save heartache tomorrow. You guys all walk your own path as free men should because today you are free. Tomorrow..... well just tell everyone you didn't have the time.:s0140::s0140::s0140:

I get it, but time spent today may save heartache tomorrow. You guys all walk your own path as free men should because today you are free. Tomorrow..... well just tell everyone you didn't have the time.:s0140::s0140::s0140:

Jim, I thought you are retired, handicapped, and live on your computer.:s0092:

I'm NOT stabbing at you, I just think you started this, you want everyone to boycott Oregon businesses, and you seem to have the time to try and make YOUR idea happen.

I don't agree that boycotting ALL Oregon businesses is a good idea at all.

But I agree that boycotting SOME businesses, as long as you (the boycotter) lets the business know why they are boycotting that business) is a valid action to take.

Inquiring minds want to know why you refuse to start this list:s0092:

With that said, I am off to support my LGS with a purchase.....:s0155:...:s0151:...:s0069:...:s0094:

Jim, I thought you are retired, handicapped, and live on your computer.:s0092:

I'm NOT stabbing at you, I just think you started this, you want everyone to boycott Oregon businesses, and you seem to have the time to try and make YOUR idea happen.

I don't agree that boycotting ALL Oregon businesses is a good idea at all.

But I agree that boycotting SOME businesses, as long as you (the boycotter) lets the business know why they are boycotting that business) is a valid action to take.

Inquiring minds want to know why you refuse to start this list:s0092:

With that said, I am off to support my LGS with a purchase.....:s0155:...:s0151:...:s0069:...:s0094:

I am retired but took up this work on my computer.:D My handicap would be my golf score if I played golf.
I won't target specific businesses because it is Oregon that voted in the legislators that are doing this. Oregon needs to wake up and understand who they voted for really makes a difference.
People will either help or they wont, no words will change them and it takes people that really care that carries the load in the fight. I knew what people were like before I ever took this on, the good ones will help as good people always do.

Well ... I sat down to write checks yesterday. Big one is my electric bill.

Noticed the return address: Rocky Mountain Power, Portland, OR.

Ooops. Don't have the money to install solar or windmills. They are both unreliable, anyway.

Guess I'll have to get down from my high horse and abandon any boycott. Unless I can do without Rocky Mountain Power, which I can't, my largest Oregon expenditure must continue.

Sorry, folks.

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR