JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I think a major problem is Oregon and many other states are, in many ways, colonies of New York, the East coast, and California. When we bank at NY banks, we not only send the profits out of our communities, we also promote monopolies that can become arrogant and try to impose their values on us. Likewise for the tec sector and California. Nearly all our media and tec platforms and financial institutions are controlled by huge monopolies based in NY or CA. And they are becoming increasingly arrogant in imposing their values on the entire rest of the nation.

I would like to see the economies of Oregon and the other "colony" states strengthened and made more independent of NY and CA -- the opposite of what the OP proposes.

After 4 years...I guess not. ;)

WSKdtFQ.png

I am proud to bank at a locally owned bank, Citizen's Bank. This helps to keep money in my community. They have never taken a position on guns. I still remember, back in the 2008 crisis, getting a polite letter from them in polite bankerese that, loosely translated, said "About the subprime morgage game--We dont have a dog in that race. It never made any sense to us."

Thanks for proposing to ruin Citizen's Bank.

I use a locally owned bank and credit union here in Montana. They did not take a stand on 'gun issues'.

(I did the same thing back in farm/lake country and used a local bank with my late husband. They did not take a stand on gun issues.)

Cate

We buy dairy products and other food items that come from Oregon, Washington state, Idaho and from local markets here (MT) in our town and state.

Try to support your local businesses as best as you can whether it is a food item or not.

Too many places (Brick and mortar.) are closing up as it is and not just in Montana.

Cate

We buy dairy products and other food items that come from Oregon, Washington state, Idaho and from local markets here (MT) in our town and state.

Try to support your local businesses as best as you can whether it is a food item or not.

Too many places (Brick and mortar.) are closing up as it is and not just in Montana.

Cate

Why are Brick and Mortar closing in Montana? Thanks.

This is the start thread for boycotting Oregon over the corrupt way government passed sb941. All questions and information will be dealt with here.

Thanks for your help and boycott Oregon.

Please only boycott Oregon business that support the corruption and rights infringing that has taken place by the by the dominating party that pushes gun control. Oregon still has some very good small businesses that haven't drank the koolade.

Please only boycott Oregon business that support the corruption and rights infringing that has taken place by the by the dominating party that pushes gun control. Oregon still has some very good small businesses that haven't drank the koolade.
Absolutely right.
This blanket boycott will hurt many, perhaps too many people that don't deserve it. Be selective about who you are boycotting. Target the bad guys, not everyone.

Cate
All the small stores but 1 in my area of Oregon has shut down . The one that was with in walking distance just closed after close to 100 years after the last 2 CHAIN stores opened in the last year . The chain stores can sell products cheaper than the small stores can buy them. Money being tight most the locals have to go where their dollar stretches the farthest.

honestly, boycotting is purely symbolic. if you really want to make your presence felt, you need to quit feeding the snake.. stop paying taxes.
Easier said then done ofcourse

honestly, boycotting is purely symbolic. if you really want to make your presence felt, you need to quit feeding the snake.. stop paying taxes.
Unfortunately federal and state tax agencies have too much bite to not pay taxes in protest. Perhaps if the law was changed so that you could put your taxes into an escrow account until matters were resolved then such a thing would be more effective. However, there's no way they would let such a thing happen.

Which bad guys?
Hey, it's your boycott. Tell us who the bad guys are. But boycott everything in Oregon? Can you not find 10 good stores in all of Oregon? How about 5?
Will I turn into a pillar of salt if I look back at Oregon once you have unleashed your wrath upon it?
Seriously.
Do you really think boycotting Oregon gun shops would be right? What about other places that support the Second Amendment?
Find the stores or businesses that oppose the Second Amendment and I won't spend my money there but boycotting every business in Oregon will hurt a lot of people who don't deserve it.

Why are Brick and Mortar closing in Montana? Thanks.

Are you serious with this question? Pardon my 'serious question' answer but there are so MANY STORES in this state and ACROSS this nation that have closed up for various reasons and most of them are due to people buying so many of their goods online.

Some of it due to oppressive business TAXES, real estate taxes, high cost of DOING BUSINESS in general in specific towns, cities, counties, states, trying to get and keep GOOD HELP if you are not a one man/woman operation, etc.

Plus sometimes the LAND is worth a lot of money to another person and if the business is not doing that great for various reasons... a builder will offer to come in and basically PLOW DOWN a store since the land is more valuable to him BARE no matter what it does to the community or local area.

If you pay attention to any business news even plain Jane/Joe websites... you will see that this has been going on for YEARS on end and it is increasing.

LONG time family owned small, medium and large businesses have been closing up ALL over this country. That goes for old - good restaurants too. Sometimes NO one wants to carry on the business (Family or someone else.) or the new person who buys it RUINS it big time. I have seen that back east and out here too.

Gun stores, book stores, clothing/shoe stores, furniture stores, appliance stores, jewelry stores, old fashioned 'General Stores', drug stores, machine parts, farming equipment stores, grocery stores, fabric stores, etc. are and have been closing up. That includes some BIG chain stores across this country too. Look at the recent news.

Then you have a BIG chain store come into an area and the smaller stores can't compete well with their prices even though they may have much better QUALITY items and the price is not that much higher and, in fact, what they sell is a BETTER DEAL in the long run.

Cate

I posted this question elsewhere. But this seems to be the official thread for the topic, so here's my concern on the subject...

If we can't motivate Pro-2A Oregonians to vote in sufficient numbers to neutralize the gun-grabber agenda, how might it work asking the very same demographic to specifically seek out products from out of state?

It only makes headlines when it is done cooperatively as a large group. One protester yelling on the sidewalk in front of city hall looks like a crazy person. Five hundred protesters all of a sudden "must have a point" worth discussing.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top