JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I suddenly realized how Brown will slime this one through...
  • Let the legislative session expire and announce it's closed so the Senators return
  • As soon they are back, suddenly announce a special attention.
  • OSP is already at their homes waiting to handcuff them and take them into custody.
  • Democrats pass all the laws they want while the R11 are forced to stay for quorum.
  • Expect positively spun press stories telling us how brave and courageous Brown and the rest of the Salem Mafia are.

They will undoubtedly do something cowardly and underhanded .But will be portrayed as brave in the media . nothing would surprise me

I suddenly realized how Brown will slime this one through...
  • Let the legislative session expire and announce it's closed so the Senators return
  • As soon they are back, suddenly announce a special attention.
  • OSP is already at their homes waiting to handcuff them and take them into custody.
  • Democrats pass all the laws they want while the R11 are forced to stay for quorum.
  • Expect positively spun press stories telling us how brave and courageous Brown and the rest of the Salem Mafia are.

Time to be calling the Marion County Sheriff and letting him know that WE the PEOPLE Demand protections for our Republicans!
Time for a recall on Kate, NO CONFIDENCE, TREASON, SEDITION, RACKETEERING!

Breaking news! 2020 does NOT have the democratic support to pass.

It won't pass if put out to vote on by the people . Even some dems can't afford to be bent over. If voted on by the senators it will pass .They all follow the leader to further their own career and be accepted by their radical pears.

'Senate Republican Leader Herman Baertschiger Jr., R-Grants Pass, said in a statement. "...she is only representing Portland and the environmental community, not rural Oregonians."'

Whether we like it or not, she represents pdx, salem, eugene, and about half of southern oregon and half of Bend and half of the coast. Thats the vast majority of Oregonians, and the vast majority of them do care about the environment, and are willing to back their beliefs with their bank accounts, just as some are doing for the gop senators. Even if she were booted out, she would be replaced by the same thing running the same agenda.

The bottom line is, these gop senators represent a minority of oregonians, and minorities do not get their way in representative governments. Regardless of ideals or firepower, being on a losing side does not mean you get to obfuscate the legal processes, and should not be applauded for doing so. Either get more representation, get out, or accept majority rules.

Hmmm.... reminds me of the parable of two wolves and a lamb voting on what's for dinner, but the armed lamb gets to cast the deciding vote. o_O

like I said earlier its semantics. You might not like it, but using loopholes like using or avoiding specific language is a pretty standard tactic for any political party to use. Apparently, legally speaking, carbon pricing =/= taxation, even if it accomplishes the same goal, by the same means. Thats just how crooked our legal system is, regardless of who is in control. It just sucks to be in the minority.

How about instead consider it a safety valve, rather than a "loophole"? To keep a majority from running roughshod over a minority? I'd like to think the members of the senate are honorable. With that thinking, honorable people going to such and extreme must have a very good reason. Perhaps what they are blocking, in their honorable mind, is needing to be blocked. Perhaps the legislation being pushed through against the will of a large number of Oregonians is inappropriate?

Then again, maybe I don't know a damned thing and you're just smarter than most people?

Last Edited:
Hmmm.... reminds me of the parable of two wolves and a lamb voting on what's for dinner, but the armed lamb gets to cast the deciding vote. o_O

That would be a great parable if there were actions to back it up, but my money is on it never happening. If that bill passed today, we would all still go to work tomorrow, and complain about it online.

Last Edited:
How about instead consider it a safety valve, rather than a "loophole"? To keep a majority from running roughshod over a minority? I'd like to think the members of the senate are honorable. With that thinking, honorable people going to such and extreme must have a very good reason. Perhaps what they are blocking, in their honorable mind is needing to be blocked. Perhaps the legislation being pushed through against the will of a large number of Oregonians is inappropriate?

Then again, maybe I don't know a damned thing and you're just smarter than most people?

I've said I would like to see it on a ballot, and that would give a much better representation of how the majority of Oregonians feel, but it doesn't really matter if you lose a vote by 1, or get run roughshod, you lose. Getting run roughshod, regardless of who you are should be an indication of the level of support you have in the matter. Furthermore, why should a group with so little representation get special treatment, or disproportionately loud voices?

That said, I believe the roughshodness would be less on a ballot, but the result would probably be the same.

Maybe, but come winter when you start paying more then double to heat your home and keep your kids from getting sick, you might change your mind! When the cost to cut firewood, and deliver it more then quadruples, maybe you will notice things as they actually are, What about a month or longer with over 90 deg temps, and you need to run your A/C and the 'Lectric bill triples? Will you still willfully pay those bills?
What about the cost of Water? This bill will raise the cost of water supplies and delivery as well!

Edit:
Firewood will now be Verboten, so even with those who recently complied with the smoke catalysts are now screwed for those costs!

Maybe, but come winter when you start paying more then double to heat your home and keep your kids from getting sick, you might change your mind! When the cost to cut firewood, and deliver it more then quadruples, maybe you will notice things as they actually are, What about a month or longer with over 90 deg temps, and you need to run your A/C and the 'Lectric bill triples? Will you still willfully pay those bills?
What about the cost of Water? This bill will raise the cost of water supplies and delivery as well!

Edit:
Firewood will now be Verboten, so even with those who recently complied with the smoke catalysts are now screwed for those costs!

Just because I don't like what might happen doesn't mean I will change my opinion that the majority gets to make its bed and lie in it. That's their right as the majority, good decisions or bad, they get to make them as they see fit.

As someone who disagrees with the majority, its my right to vote and campaign for different representation or run for office to change things, leave the state, or deal with the repercussions like anyone else.

Edit:

Gun powder makes energy is it going up to. .

I've said I would like to see it on a ballot, and that would give a much better representation of how the majority of Oregonians feel, but it doesn't really matter if you lose a vote by 1, or get run roughshod, you lose. Getting run roughshod, regardless of who you are should be an indication of the level of support you have in the matter. Furthermore, why should a group with so little representation get special treatment, or disproportionately loud voices?

That said, I believe the roughshodness would be less on a ballot, but the result would probably be the same.

Hmmm.... ask the LGBTQ group or Black Americans that question and get back to us. ;)

Hmmm.... ask the LGBTQ group or Black Americans that question and get back to us. ;)

where do they dictate legislature with a minority of representation? And what laws have they passed or blocked with a minority of representation?

More often than not, the majority of Oregonians agree with and vote with LGBTQ and racially inclusive measures, so while they are personally in the minority, their ideals are most certainly not.

Getting run roughshod, regardless of who you are should be an indication of the level of support you have in the matter. Furthermore, why should a group with so little representation get special treatment, or disproportionately loud voices?
So.... hypothetically speaking here...
The LGBQTWTFBBQ+ folks, women, the actual minority races of African Americans, Latinos, and Asians should just accept Jim Crow style laws if the white, heterosexual, male majority passes them in Legislative Assembly on "Emergency Clause"?

Are you aware that Marion county alone has gone Republican Red recently, and went to Buehler last election?

You know Portland proper has only 630,000 residents out of 4 million estimated? Of course, the Metro covers much more than that...
County wise, only two counties in Portland Metro (Multnomah, Clackamas) are in the top 4, with Lane (Eugene/Springfield) and Marion (Salem) occupying the other 2 spots... then there's Clackamas (5th), and all the other counties have less populations, but majority of Oregon's 36 counties are Red/Republican.
Personally.. pipe dream though.. but itd be nice if we could get the Legislative Assembly to reform and make permanent a rule that Senate seats are assigned per County (for 36 Senators vs 30 currently approportioned to population just like the House of Reps)

Hypothetically, if those Jim crow laws passed, were challenged in court, and still found to be legal, then the affected minorities would have the same options I listed earlier. Elect more representation, move or deal with it.

They are taxing the hell out of us for everything, now there trying to tax the Air to save the planet for the Children? What is really going on?

It's the Standard Operational Procedure for the democrats, raise taxes, spend it all on pork bellies, and line their pockets while building their corporate power base! Pandering to special interests groups to get pet projects funded, all the while failing to fund obligations like maintaining waterways, fisheries, roads, schools, and yes, PERS for which the state OWES in good faith!

Just because I don't like what might happen doesn't mean I will change my opinion that the majority gets to make its bed and lie in it. That's their right as the majority, good decisions or bad, they get to make them as they see fit.

As someone who disagrees with the majority, its my right to vote and campaign for different representation or run for office to change things, leave the state, or deal with the repercussions like anyone else.

Actually.... no it isn't the right of the majority to deprive ANYONE of their right to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. That's settled case law, and better these methods of "semantics" rather than the third tier of liberty....

1. The soap box.

2. The ballot box.

3. The cartridge box.

I don't know about you, but I aim small miss small...

CE26B5AC-C1D0-430D-BB57-41005C0C6638.jpeg

If anyone thinks this is nothing but hyperbole had better wake up and smell the increasing stench of these would be totalitarians.

Look up the Kulak Famine and Dekrulakization campaigns of the 1920's and 1930's. The similarities are stark. Think it can't happen here? Think again, buttercup...

As I've noted before, humanity is gearing up for the next Killing Fields. I pray that I end up being some ridiculous crackpot but the more I learn the more I hear the subtle rumblings - and coming from the most unlikely and concerning places.

May you live in interesting times...

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads