JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
You authored the original Covid thread if I remember correctly.
I actually did not. Another gent started it as a place to post information, as we knew jack sh*# back then. The thread got massive. I volunteered to keep Post #1 updated with the most recent links/news/etc, so mods swapped the original OP with me so that I could make those edits.

It was a good resource, for awhile. Then it devolved. Now it's locked. Which is exactly how *every* thread related to covid is going to go when it gets out of the penumbra of the 2A or devolves into divisiveness.

I support everyones right to not get vaccinated.

/me

So, honest question.

What's your thoughts on the many levels of coercion to get the vax?

Like "vaccine passports", and the threat of losing one's livelihood if they don't comply with "policy" or an EO, and NOT a duly passed statutory law that has passed constitutional scrutiny by the SCOTUS?

I actually did not. Another gent started it as a place to post information, as we knew jack sh*# back then. The thread got massive. I volunteered to keep Post #1 updated with the most recent links/news/etc, so mods swapped the original OP with me so that I could make those edits.

It was a good resource, for awhile. Then it devolved. Now it's locked. Which is exactly how *every* thread related to covid is going to go when it gets out of the penumbra of the 2A or devolves into divisiveness.
That's the problem with censoring and editing another's post, especially without a big bold notice to everyone that's what is going on.

So, honest question.

What's your thoughts on the many levels of coercion to get the vax?

Like "vaccine passports", and the threat of losing one's livelihood if they don't comply with "policy" or an EO, and NOT a duly passed statutory law that has passed constitutional scrutiny by the SCOTUS?
My thoughts are this is a fantastic example of why corporations need to be abolished. If there were no corporations and subsequent corporate policy meant to do *nothing* but maximize profits at the expense of all else including and especially its employees, i suspect we'd see a lot more flexibility on that front. And since public policy is based entirely on public opinion, a more tempered public on the topic would bring better tempered public policy; business and political.

i saw a trimet bus with an ad on the side "Get back to life!" And showed a man apparently teaching a child in a classroom or some bubblegum. Even believing the vaccine is a generally good thing that generally everyone ought to be voluntarily receiving, that bubblegum made me sick to my stomach.

o rly? Back to life? Set aside the fact that were currently back under a mask mandate and business limitations, seems the whole premise us bullship, before we even get to the unspoken implication that unvaccinated people ought not be allowed "back to life"

Keeping this specific to the OP information, I believe there is a difference in thought process with people who are being forced to Vax or lose their livelihood.

just read the wikipedia article on
Stopped reading the post here. Not a real source.
The vaccine? Yup. I believe the science.
Me too, but wish the media would be unbiased on reporting the science. Such that these are the first approved mRNA vaccines, that they (actually the one so far but others shortly behind) were "approved" at a record pace (which reduces the possibility of finding out about longer and even moderate term side effects, that if you just maybe don't trust US government numbers and look elsewhere you see that countries with what seems to be more factual, unbiased reporting are showing little difference in infection rates between vaxed and un-vaxed, that the person who was at the forefront of mRNA vaccines is not on the bandwagon for this vax but is about as pro-vax of a person as you can be...

Some of these just might be the reason that these folks are deciding against this particular vax.
Theres no indication there is anything wrong with it. And this isnt brand new, untested science - we've been doing the vaccine thing for a while now. We have it pretty well figured out.
Not vaccines like this. Period.
In 2021 alone there have been 531,981 reported adverse reactions to covid vaccines per the VAERS website (just checked). Compare this to MMR that nearly everyone gets. Since 1978, total, 78,000 reports. Again, total.

I respect your decision to receive the vaccination 100%. But to say to those of use who are choosing to not receive the vax that there is no indication that there is anything wrong with it is not my type of science. And back to the OP, those working in government and for employers who are mandating the vax, are the employers going to be held liable if it turns out that there is something seriously wrong with this or any vax that gets rushed through?

The OP should cause us thoughtful reflection on what is going to happen to emergency services as the vax is mandated. The repercussions are going to be huge around the country in so many ways. I just found out that somewhere I volunteer is now requiring the vax. They just lost two helpers in my and my wife.

Thoughtful OP and hopefully my comments are taken as intended specifically to the OP, they just happen to be in response to one person's post whose opinions are worthy of my consideration.

My thoughts are this is a fantastic example of why corporations need to be abolished. If there were no corporations and subsequent corporate policy meant to do *nothing* but maximize profits at the expense of all else including and especially its employees, i suspect we'd see a lot more flexibility on that front. And since public policy is based entirely on public opinion, a more tempered public on the topic would bring better tempered public policy; business and political.

i saw a trimet bus with an ad on the side "Get back to life!" And showed a man apparently teaching a child in a classroom or some bubblegum. Even believing the vaccine is a generally good thing that generally everyone ought to be voluntarily receiving, that bubblegum made me sick to my stomach.

o rly? Back to life? Set aside the fact that were currently back under a mask mandate and business limitations, seems the whole premise us bullship, before we even get to the unspoken implication that unvaccinated people ought not be allowed "back to life"

Ahhh….. things we agree on!

Schools have devolved into preparatory institutions for corporate "cubicle slaves", who teach the upcoming young skulls full of mush what the "billionaires" advise.

While I don't believe corporations should be "banned" per se, they SHOULD be more tightly regulated on the reach and scope of their internal "policies". Making a profit is fine as long as it's fair deal to both sides in the transaction, but with politicians doing their bidding who are bought with "campaign donations", we're about to see TRUE fascism go into full gear.

If you stand against THAT, then I'd be your battle-buddy.

The best criteria for publication authenticity is peer review. Wikipedia is the single most peer reviewed publication in the world.

that isnt to say its perfect and misinformation doesnt occasionally get published - there are also some extremely esoteric topics that have articles that are not well reviewed because of the extreme rarity of experts on that topic... but even in these cases, simply checking the sources weeds out the wheat from the chaff.

wikipedia in its early days wasnt a reliable source of information - but these days it is now considered pretty goddamn solidly reliable overall.

Ahhh….. things we agree on!

Schools have devolved into preparatory institutions for corporate "cubicle slaves", who teach the upcoming young skulls full of mush what the "billionaires" advise.

While I don't believe corporations should be "banned" per se, they SHOULD be more tightly regulated on the reach and scope of their internal "policies". Making a profit is fine as long as it's fair deal to both sides in the transaction, but with politicians doing their bidding who are bought with "campaign donations", we're about to see TRUE fascism go into full gear.

If you stand against THAT, then I'd be your battle-buddy.
In my experience generally in this life, if we had to cover the expanse of our ideologies, we'd agree on much more than we disagree on.

but social media isnt for agreeing. 😉

The best criteria for publication authenticity is peer review. Wikipedia is the single most peer reviewed publication in the world.

that isnt to say its perfect and misinformation doesnt occasionally get published - there are also some extremely esoteric topics that have articles that are not well reviewed because of the extreme rarity of experts on that topic... but even in these cases, simply checking the sources weeds out the wheat from the chaff.

wikipedia in its early days wasnt a reliable source of information - but these days it is now considered pretty goddamn solidly reliable overall.
Cite your source for the highlighted claims. Peer reviewed only, of course.

Cite your source for the highlighted claims. Peer reviewed only, of course.
ill be happy to stand corrected and change my wording to "wikipedia is surely the most peer-reviewed publication in the world."

i bet if i googled the question i could find plenty of supporting evidence, but im way too baked rn dawg.

Theres no indication there is anything wrong with it. And this isnt brand new, untested science - we've been doing the vaccine thing for a while now. We have it pretty well figured out.
Maybe you should give the SPD a good talking to.

My son in law works for Siemens and he's in the process of submitting a religious exemption since they are forcing the FauciForkStick on all employees.
Interesting. What division? I do too, zero discussion of mandated jab. I have engaged many discussions about this with my managers, as well as in my family - I am one of the medical classes that derive little or no benefit from the mRNA vaccine. J&J, perhaps, but it's efficacy is questionable. The rapid evolution of the virus should dispel any notion of herd immunity.

I doubt anyone read the post I made from zero hedge that had Fauci tied to the CCP labs and covid.
I did. Pretty interesting. Fauci's restatement that he did not "technically" is about as close as you will get to an admission. Clinton's famous quip, "I did not have sexual relations with that woman", while true in the legal definition sense, was another bald-faced lie.
gets out of the penumbra of the 2A or devolves into divisiveness.
Well, that batter already stole home plate. There are about four active thread vectors in this one.
Schools have devolved into preparatory institutions for corporate "cubicle slaves"
Daycare for zombies in training.
Wikipedia is the single most peer reviewed publication in the world.
Ha! Depends on the subject. Read, verify.

ill be happy to stand corrected and change my wording to "wikipedia is surely the most peer-reviewed publication in the world."

i bet if i googled the question i could find plenty of supporting evidence, but im way too baked rn dawg.
Clarification noted, but assertions of opinions as fact reflects upon one's integrity.

Looks like Durkin's poke mandate may cost a few more cops from the Seattle force.

Durkistan was done last summer when they gave up the streets to the Panty-Fa and Black Lies Matter thugs. Anyone who voluntarily remains in that once great American city is just digging their own grave. So sad to see our cities pissed down the drain by "progressive" politics. Pun intended.

True, they cannot FORCE me to get vaccinated but my job at an institution run by the state, where I have worked nearly 10 years, is FORCING me to show proof of vaccination/ apply for an exception or be terminated.

So while they can't force a vaccine on me they can use it to put me out of work, which sucks.
I am in the same boat as you as well as a few others that I work with. Not a fun situation to be in.

Status

Upcoming Events

Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top