JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Got a stamp back. Looking to Cerakote at the same time it goes off to get cut and threaded.

It is a nothing fancy blued gun. Blued receiver, blued barrel. All in a black polymer stock.

This is to be my sons learning rifle. Kids themed colors are not entirely out of the question. However, I'm not entirely sold on cerakoting the stock.

Looking for color recommendations and or examples of cerakoted firearms of similar nature.

Thanks!

Reno

E1935DF6-D9E3-4765-A516-2826F48EDD2D.jpeg

Come on' Reno, you know Jeremy, do an abandoned amusement park or rusted fire engine,
He has them all on display..... lol
I'm not really looking for anything crazy. While I respect some of the more involved cerakote work, I'm mostly interested in using Cerakote as a protective coating vs decorative.

Mostly just looking for input on colors that look good with a black stock.

Of all else fails, midnight blue, is my go to color as it replicates blued metal the best in my opinion.

Got a stamp back. Looking to Cerakote at the same time it goes off to get cut and threaded.

It is a nothing fancy blued gun. Blued receiver, blued barrel. All in a black polymer stock.

This is to be my sons learning rifle. Kids themed colors are not entirely out of the question. However, I'm not entirely sold on cerakoting the stock.

Looking for color recommendations and or examples of cerakoted firearms of similar nature.

Thanks!

Reno

View attachment 843021
E
Check out Buster Beaver in Wilsonville.
He is a sponsor here.
Best,
Gary

This is to be my sons learning rifle.

Without irons? o_O

Kids themed colors are not entirely out of the question. However, I'm not entirely sold on cerakoting the stock.

Don't "theme" it up, it's not a toy don't do anything to take away from that fact. It sends the wrong message, IMO. If you want a "camo" finish or something along those lines, Krylon comes right off with a little elbow grease. Make it a project you do together.

Without irons? o_O

Don't "theme" it up, it's not a toy don't do anything to take away from that fact. It sends the wrong message, IMO. If you want a "camo" finish or something along those lines, Krylon comes right off with a little elbow grease. Make it a project you do together.
For now, red dot. Picture above was when I first got it. That type of dot say too high. I've since replaced it with something that sits lower. He can cut his teeth on irons later or on a pistol in time.

Definitely don't want it to be themed like a toy. If anything a tasteful blue that goes well with a black stock or similar. Not interested in spray paint really as this is a registered SBR. If I'm going to coat it, I want it to last and help protect against the elements. Which cerakote does best in my opinion.

Thanks for those that have posted examples. Seems like the search engines are really cracking down on firearm images lately. Searching for cerakote online seems to pull up less results than it once did.

@Knobgoblin can you take a picture a bit further back to show the contrast of that silver in the black keltec?

Fun fact: Cerakote is based in White City, OR, just outside of Medford. So it's not only a great project but supports an Oregon business.

On topic, I'm a fan of blue so I like where you're headed. For some color comparisons, the Ruger 10/22 Takedown Lite comes in a few colors with a black stock and might give you an idea of what it could look like.

1.jpg

Also available in a few other colors:
1.jpg

21163.jpg

%2F%2Fgun.deals%2Fsites%2Fdefault%2Ffiles%2Fyello1.jpg

2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2016%2F05%2F21154-660x156.jpg

So many colors to choose from! Good luck! I'm sure it will look awesome whichever way you go.

Lol.
Is that yours?
I threw a Brownells receiver and upgraded bolt w/extended ultralight charging handle in it.
Runs great with everything so far.
Haven't tried induced failures yet
Was... I don't think you were a member here at that time you bought it from me? Glad to see you on board! That was a fun build!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top