JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Anyone own one? Opinions?

Reason is I was In Bi Mart earlier today and saw a basic EAA 1911 in .45 ACP for $329 !

Had it been 9mm I would have gone ahead ahead and tried to buy it (mostly just to see if I could have gotten an instant approval) but I would like a 9mm 1911 anyway.

Just wondering is all about EAA, just in case they happen to get one in 9mm someday.

I handled one of those at my local bi Mart. They won't let you try the trigger so I wasn't going to buy regardless. The trigger is super important to the 1911 so no test, no sale. That aside, the barrel fitment was poor. I could wiggle the barrel in the bushing and the barrel dropped down a few ten thousandths when I pushed on the hood while in battery. If that's the quality to expect from a sub $400 Turkish 1911, I'd say skip it and buy a Philippine one. It at least buy Tisas over Girsan/EAA as people seem to be happy with those. I have no trigger time with any Turkish pistols and don't intend to.

I handled one of those at my local bi Mart. They won't let you try the trigger so I wasn't going to buy regardless. The trigger is super important to the 1911 so no test, no sale. That aside, the barrel fitment was poor. I could wiggle the barrel in the bushing and the barrel dropped down a few ten thousandths when I pushed on the hood while in battery. If that's the quality to expect from a sub $400 Turkish 1911, I'd say skip it and buy a Philippine one. It at least buy Tisas over Girsan/EAA as people seem to be happy with those. I have no trigger time with any Turkish pistols and don't intend to.
Yep.

I have two EAA Race guns. they are expensive but worth every penny. I guess you get what you pay for. A lot of guys still using them on the shooting circuit.

I've been happy with mine but your milage may vary (EAA Girsan MC1911S XLV 45). $400 last January. Only beef I had was I couldn't reach the magazine release with my thumb without shifting my grip, and it was quite stiff. Magpul grips with thumb relief and a slightly softer spring for the release took care of that. Runs great! For $340 and no FFL or shipping fees, that's really hard to beat!

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR