JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Anyone had an opportunity to try a Laugo Alien? Very interested in this design as well as the time tested HK P7. May have to add one or both to the safe, but hoping someone here may have had an opportunity to try one. I'm just a plinker, not a competition shooter just like the design.

Understood. I have put ~ 30k rounds thru my Glock. At $0.10 a round (old prices obviously) that's $3k thru a $400 gun. Seems at today's prices, a higher quality gun makes a little more sense.

There are not a lot of people rolling in enough cash to have owned one of those. I would also like to hear firsthand experiences

Is this an evolution of the Arsenal Strike one?
hq720.jpg

I've shot one that belongs to a friend. Nice gun, interesting design. Fit the
hand well, good trigger and very flat shooting due to the low bore height.

There are not a lot of people rolling in enough cash to have owned one of those. I would also like to hear firsthand experiences
There's plenty of people rolling in cash because they don't spend their money on something of that cost when the same thing can be effectively done for 1/10th the price.

I could pay cash for one right now, but ya know….. hookers and blow!

;):D

Seems at today's prices, a higher quality gun makes a little more sense.
Just because something is dramatically more money doesn't make it better necessarily.

One of the absolute best out of the box guns I have ever seen was a S & W 1911 a friend of mine ordered from a LGS in Bend, and we were both amazed when we went to pick it up. It was literally as good as something in the so called 'custom' category of 1911's.

Guns are like anything. Create something a bit 'different' , espouse those differences to be beneficial, give it a unique name, raise the price and they will have buyers no doubt.

Heck I could have one if I wanted, but it isn't how I am 'wired'. I like quality guns, but then I also appreciate classic guns and the quality that comes with some of them anyway.

If ya ever want to see perfection I'll show ya my 70's era no dash S & W mod 66 & 60.

I appreciate and generally agree with your perspective. I own a couple of Caspian 1911s which are very well made, smooth and have an excellent trigger pull. The Glock feels a bit like a bar of soap to me, but a rather nice bar of soap at that. I don't care much for the trigger pull, but the rest of it is very much to my liking. Still, I shoot it more than anything else.
As I age out, my perspective has changed somewhat. I don't mind having a few more $$ in my hobby of choice, if I think I can recover the cost when it comes time to sell. The low bore axis and the quality trigger pull are the big draws for me, both features of the Alien and the P7.

Yep there are guns I'd love to own, and for a variety of reasons. But they cost. I'm not without
resources and I guess it's the way I was brought up. So there are, for me, alternatives to the
pricier centerfolds. And primarily those are the ones that fill my safes. And I don't deny the
temptation, nor do I criticize those that choose to go the other way. As always with me, your
choices are great for you and mine are great for me.

Holy horsecock Batman!

5 to 7 K for one of these?

Not likely, for me anyway. I'll stick with my CZ 75BD - and other considerably lessor priced guns I own that shoot well enough for me.

Is this the 'Korth' of Czechoslovakia ?
Yea, that's plenty steep. Me, I'd look at an old school P210 at 1/3 of that.

I hear ya. Thinking of buying some for the grandkids for Christmas----
View attachment 1753987
I've been a grandpa myself for over two years (second grand-pup is due in two more weeks), and everyone keeps tellin' me I'm not supposed to cuss and make off-color jokes.

I'm still workin' on that. :confused:

It's a good thing the grand-pups live in Phoenix. :D

I've been a grandpa myself for over two years (second grand-pup is due in two more weeks), and everyone keeps tellin' me I'm not supposed to cuss and make off-color jokes.

I'm still workin' on that. :confused:

It's a good thing the grand-pups live in Phoenix. :D
I explain to my slack jawed observers that an off-colored world is way better than grey.

I'm leaning towards a HK P7 shooter.
I share the sentiment on too much $$ for a plinker which is what it would be for me. May reconsider if the price drops below $3k. I see some of the earlier Aliens (non 1911 grip angle models) are getting close -used of course.
Thinking the P7s may come down a bit as the economy contracts.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top