JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Not planning on buying anything right now and I hate crowds. I had Thankgiving dinner at my sister's house yesterday and I took a huge amount of leftovers. She gave me a whole pumpkin pie and do like a good homemade pie.

Last Edited:
Ammo cans you say? What and where?
To the OP... not much on my wish list this year. If something presents itself too good to pass up... I may... but I haven't seen any real fantastical deals yet on anything that suits my fancy.

It seems in recent years that "black friday" has gotten more of a scam flavoring. Folks assuming because it's labelled a black friday sale, it "must" be a great deal, but better deals can be had the closer you get to the holidays.

If you use price trackers, I also see a lot of places that did price hikes leading up to black friday and the "deals" they are offering are the same steady pricing they were prior to a few weeks ago. In some cases, black friday deals are higher than their standard everyday pricing.🤪
I keep a close eye on the prices since I am on a tight budget. Sellers definitely inflate their "previous" prices for sales. I pretty much ignore that aspect of a "sale".

While technically I didn't enter the fray on Black Friday, I did pick up some .45ACP and 9mm ammo during their Black Friday sale on Wednesday. Also ordered some .222 Remington brass from Starline late last night - not on sale, but at least it was in stock. Tried to order it from Midway USA, even had it in my cart with shipping and promo code ready to buy. When I signed in, I got a message that the promo code was "unavailable to you" and the price went up 10% from what my cart showed before signing in. What the heck? So, instead of ordering 200 cases for $90 including shipping, I went straight to Starline and got 250 cases for $101 and free shipping. $11 for that last 50 cases seemed pretty reasonable.

I am headed into town tonight to watch the Civil War football game at my son's place. We have DISH and they've been in a pissing match with FOX for quite some time. Bad enough I missed the World Series, now I can't see the Civil War without traveling. Some day I'm gonna drop DISH, but my Internet speed is so slow out here in the country, streaming isn't an option.

Ammo cans you say? What and where?
Check BiMart for the 3-,in1 for $40
While technically I didn't enter the fray on Black Friday, I did pick up some .45ACP and 9mm ammo during their Black Friday sale on Wednesday. Also ordered some .222 Remington brass from Starline late last night - not on sale, but at least it was in stock. Tried to order it from Midway USA, even had it in my cart with shipping and promo code ready to buy. When I signed in, I got a message that the promo code was "unavailable to you" and the price went up 10% from what my cart showed before signing in. What the heck? So, instead of ordering 200 cases for $90 including shipping, I went straight to Starline and got 250 cases for $101 and free shipping. $11 for that last 50 cases seemed pretty reasonable.

I am headed into town tonight to watch the Civil War football game at my son's place. We have DISH and they've been in a pissing match with FOX for quite some time. Bad enough I missed the World Series, now I can't see the Civil War without traveling. Some day I'm gonna drop DISH, but my Internet speed is so slow out here in the country, streaming isn't an option.
Go Beavs!

Taco Bell dollar menu for lunch, other than that, selling stuff and pairing down, so positive cash flow today, not paying for rubber dog bubblegum from Hong Kong.

Some day I'm gonna drop DISH, but my Internet speed is so slow out here in the country, streaming isn't an option.
Drop DISH and go with Starlink, or if possible, TMobile Home Internet. The latter has been upgrading their towers in rural areas and just 60 days or so ago I got an email from them that I could now get their internet option (cellular) for $50/month so I switched from Starlink ($120/mo - average about 150-200 mbps) to TM and I get pretty good speeds (250 mbps on average with up to 500+ mbps at times). Only had one outage (so far) for about 4 hours.

I am a Amazon Prime member, so for about $140/yr I get their video/music and pay ala carte for other channels (HBO, NetFlix, Disney, Hulu, etc.) or you could skip Amazon and get those services directly.

Drop DISH and go with Starlink, or if possible, TMobile Home Internet. The latter has been upgrading their towers in rural areas and just 60 days or so ago I got an email from them that I could now get their internet option (cellular) for $50/month so I switched from Starlink ($120/mo - average about 150-200 mbps) to TM and I get pretty good speeds (250 mbps on average with up to 500+ mbps at times). Only had one outage (so far) for about 4 hours.

I am a Amazon Prime member, so for about $140/yr I get their video/music and pay ala carte for other channels (HBO, NetFlix, Disney, Hulu, etc.) or you could skip Amazon and get those services directly.
I don't know if T-Mobile is available in my area. Folks on the Neighborhood Watch Facebook page locally, rave about Starlink, but it is expensive. By the time I paid for that and then for streaming services, I'm afraid I would be paying even more than I do for DISH. I'm already an Amazon Prime member and it interfaces with DISH pretty seamlessly. As long as nobody else is on the Internet, I can stream okay. We currently have Centurylink, but it is sloooooooooooooooow. I'll have to look into T-Mobile though. Thanks.

I don't know if T-Mobile is available in my area. Folks on the Neighborhood Watch Facebook page locally, rave about Starlink, but it is expensive. By the time I paid for that and then for streaming services, I'm afraid I would be paying even more than I do for DISH. I'm already an Amazon Prime member and it interfaces with DISH pretty seamlessly. As long as nobody else is on the Internet, I can stream okay. We currently have Centurylink, but it is sloooooooooooooooow. I'll have to look into T-Mobile though. Thanks.
For over a decade I asked the different Telcos for home internet, and it was only recently TMobile upgraded their towers to provide "Home Internet", so I would definitely check with them.

Also, people like me are selling their slightly used Starlink hardware for about half price - I am thinking of selling one of my systems (I have an RV system and a Residential system - same hardware) because cable/fiber/cell options suddenly become available. The nice thing about Starlink is it works almost anywhere.

What I did I dropped Comcast cable and just kept their internet service. I bought a Roku box and have Sling TV with both blue and orange. I did have to get the news feed for the misses which $6.00 for I pay $61.00 per month. It reduced that costs quite a bit since we were paying almost $250.00 per month since we were watch only 3 or 4 channels We are using a long more of our internet but have not gone over our monthly limit for internet yet,

What I did I dropped Comcast cable and just kept their internet service. I bought a Roku box and have Sling TV with both blue and orange. I did have to get the news feed for the misses which $6.00 for I pay $61.00 per month. It reduced that costs quite a bit since we were paying almost $250.00 per month since we were watch only 3 or 4 channels We are using a long more of our internet but have not gone over our monthly limit for internet yet,
TM Home Internet and Starlink both, have no data limits on their std service plans

I use about 500 GB per month, sometimes almost 1 TB.

TM Home Internet and Starlink both, have no data limits on their std service plans

I use about 500 GB per month, sometimes almost 1 TB.
The most we have used about 800GB per month. We have a monthly limit of 1229GB. I believe if you go over they give you an extra 50GB for $10 more.

Last Edited:
I'd give it another look…. T-Mobile and Sprint is the same network now. The difference is noticeable. We did the cable internet only thing for a minute and it's worth it if you can't use your cellular company.

Fire stick or Roku is the way these days.

3 Boxes of Underwood 45 Colt. Their sale is 28% off. It's expensive, designer ammo but got it at under $1 / round + shipping. The wife scored me 3 of the 50 cal ammo cans at Bi-Mart when they had the sale on those a week or two ago.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top