JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Neighbors.

Yup - what do you think is that noise every morning at 7AM during the fall?

That is me driving my diesel truck up the road to get to my back acreage to cut firewood.

But then, most everybody on the road owns at least one truck of some sort - I just have the loudest, biggest, meanest beast on the road.
At least it's 7am out of town, and not 5am across the street.

Big, bad diesel pickups annoy me. No, not the practical ones used by farmers, loggers, builders, and average country folks; just the uber-macho testosterone-mobiles with the truck-nutz hanging off the hitch, the expensive status symbol that will never see any actual work, let alone a dirt road.

Big, bad diesel pickups annoy me. No, not the practical ones used by farmers, loggers, builders, and average country folks; just the uber-macho testosterone-mobiles with the truck-nutz hanging off the hitch, the expensive status symbol that will never see any actual work, let alone a dirt road.
That used to be one of the nice things about America.

Makes no never mind to me & mine.

Well, it's not like I am burning coal with a straight pipe going up the road; I am just moving at 15 MPH at 1200 RPM up the hill with the muffler intact. It's the loudest truck on the road, but only because its the oldest truck on the road and an old diesel - no louder than the garbage truck and slower (all the non-resident commercial vehicles zoom up and down the road, only the resident obey our self-imposed speed limit).

1695617886318.png
When they wanna borrow your truck just tell them you have enough cash and just mowed the lawn. Then give em one of these
1695617957281.png

That used to be one of the nice things about America.

Makes no never mind to me & mine.
People can do whatever they want and it's none of my business, I just don't care for pretentious wannabes. Just because something annoys me doesn't make it wrong. I'm sure there are plenty of good people out there who drive over-the-top, $80k giant rumbly trucks with silly dangly bit hanging from the hitch. Whatever floats their boat.

Kind of like country music: seems like sometime around the 90's or so it really started getting all flashy, pretentious, and phony, and I quit listening to it.

Sorry, don't pay any attention to me. I know I'm starting to sound like a grouchy old guy, and I'm not even that old.

Now get off my lawn! :)

truck-nutz hanging off the hitch

Kind of like country music: seems like sometime around the 90's or so it really started getting all flashy, pretentious, and phony, and I quit listening to it.

Sorry, don't pay any attention to me. I know I'm starting to sound like a grouchy old guy, and I'm not even that old.

Now get off my lawn! :)
I kind of like those dangly nuts. Always gives me a chuckle when I see 'em.

I agree with the country music. Went to do-do sometime in '80s for my tastes. Only time I listen to music is when I'm at the loading table. Nice in the background. With Jango I can find the REAL Country music. '40s-'50s stuff.

I kind of like those dangly nuts. Always gives me a chuckle when I see 'em.
I suspect that this might make it into a certain thread on an unmentionable sub-forum.

We had a neighbor when I was growing up, who refused to neuter any of his animals. A bit of a hobby farmer, he had 40 acres or so, raised a little beef. Instead of fat, happy steers though, he had scrawny, horny young bulls that were constantly getting through the fences to get at our young dairy heifers. His un-neutered dog ran around to neighboring farms looking for females in heat. I think he had a hang up about his own masculinity and projected that onto his animals.

My daughter got a puppy a couple years ago, and had him fixed at the appropriate time. Afterwards she showed me something she found online; we had a good laugh about it:

"Neuticles allows your precious pet to retain his natural look, self esteem and aids the pet and pet's owner with trauma associated with altering."

Having lived on a farm, this is laughably absurd, but clearly some out there take it serious. Yeah, the dog doesn't know or care about the looks or the change, and his only trauma was an owie at the vet. The real purpose of prosthetic dog testicles is to soothe the trauma to the dog owner's overblown masculine ego. :)

Every time it snows it is a "blizzard" :rolleyes:

Headlines/etc. are bovine fecal matter.

And the media wonders why people have zero faith in them.
Pretty soon they will start naming them. "Atmospheric River Bertha" or whatever. They said the atmospheric river will "hit" on Sunday. What a load of crap. We've had some light rain off and on. Maybe they should name it "atmospheric River Dingleberry".

Now they are saying a "bomb cyclone"is "slamming" the northwest. bubbleguming ridiculous. We have literally had a few sprinkles and that's it.

Here is the weather according to the
bastard liars:

DC776CE2-4BB0-48A4-860A-58DE26040647.png

Here is the actual weather:
52F13E7F-0556-43F2-9169-EFE149111774.png

Now they are saying a "bomb cyclone"is "slamming" the northwest. bubbleguming ridiculous. We have literally had a few sprinkles and that's it.

bastard liars:

View attachment 1520885

View attachment 1521083
We got a bit of windy weather here in S. Oregon. after shift this am. Went out on the deck & one of the deck chair back cushions had blown over and was setting on top of the seat cushion. Or I forgot & we just laid it down before shift...

Neighbor acrossed the way did lose a nice tall birch tree though. Sadly it clipped itself halfway up. Probably had some burl or other malformation there making it weak or inflexible at that point.

bastard liars:

View attachment 1520885

View attachment 1521083

"Bombogenesis" ?! WTF?

How is that pronounced? I don't want to know. That's just an other reason to not listen to or read anything from MSM anymore.

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews