JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
And the winner of the 2022 STFU award (or at least runner-up/honorable mention) is the rocket surgeon who invented gas pumps that blast obnoxiously woke yapping commercials with shrieking, shjtty "music" wherever I travel.

IMG_7763.JPG

Last Edited:
Another small annoyance I find are those who leave the K Pods in the Keurig coffee makers after they get done, so then I have to empty it and then put the fresh pod in. I might get lucky and not have to fill the water tank, but that happens too, turning a simple thing into a chore.
Ahhh - the joys of the workplace.

Slowly forgetting them now as I am retired. So nice not having to deal with traffic twice a day and people in general for 8 hours a day.

And the winner of the 2022 STFU award (or at least runner-up/honorable mention) is the rocket surgeon who invented gas pumps that blast obnoxiously woke yapping commercials and shrieking, shjtty "music" wherever I travel.

View attachment 1331589
Commercials!! G-D commercials! :mad:

Oh!....And those dumb little single serving foofy coffee cuppy thingies with a special machine just for them. What a waste maker. :rolleyes:

Ahhh - the joys of the workplace.

Slowly forgetting them now as I am retired. So nice not having to deal with traffic twice a day and people in general for 8 hours a day.
Glad I'm retired for many reasons. One big reason (especially this time of year) is that I had co-workers who found it necessary to come to work sneezing, coughing and sweating through a cold or flu.

Co-worker: "I'm okay (hack, sneeze, snuffle) and I don't want to waste a day off for this."

Me: "I can smell those cherry cough drops on your putrid sick breath from 10 feet away. Keep your nasty dick-skinners off my pen and keyboard, and go home. You're infectious!

Commercials!! G-D commercials! :mad:

Oh!....And those dumb little single serving foofy coffee cuppy thingies with a special machine just for them. What a waste maker. :rolleyes:
I hear that about the commercials. I can't watch TV any more when they are the only choice. Have a few streaming services. A few times I have wanted to watch some show that the DVR did not record. Some streaming is commercial free. Others are not. I have tried a couple times to watch some show I liked but would give up after several minuets of commercials.

I hear that about the commercials. I can't watch TV any more when they are the only choice. Have a few streaming services. A few times I have wanted to watch some show that the DVR did not record. Some streaming is commercial free. Others are not. I have tried a couple times to watch some show I liked but would give up after several minuets of commercials.
I dont mind commercials . They gotta pay for that stuff somehow. Laugh tracks though. I dont watch anything with a laugh track.

While working as an elevator serviceman, my pet peeve was Female Property Managers under the age of 40. They always wanted a detailed explanation of what was going on and complained about everything, while hardly understanding enough to turn on a light switch. :mad:

While working as an elevator serviceman, my pet peeve was Female Property Managers under the age of 40. They always wanted a detailed explanation of what was going on and complained about everything, while hardly understanding enough to turn on a light switch. :mad:
Our big boss is the exact opposite. He openly admits that half the time he has no idea what we're talking about. In meetings he's all "I don't care what the complications are. When will it be done and how much can we bill for it?" Can't argue with that.

I dont mind commercials . They gotta pay for that stuff somehow. Laugh tracks though. I dont watch anything with a laugh track.
I don't mind at all paying, several of the streaming services I pay for pay a fee to the people who own the show to let me watch it without the noise. Now when I DVR stuff not sure how that works out where I can skip past the crap. Guess they will figure out some way to make their money. I guess I just got spoiled not watching that crap. Now and then when skipping past commercials on something recorded something will catch my eye and make me actually back up and watch it. So they are capable of making commercials people want to watch. I kicked the NFL to the curb years ago but, when I was still watching them? Super Bowl I used to keep recording while game was on as I did not want to miss the commercials when I was going to the can or to get some more food. When they were paying that much they could make stuff people wanted to see. :D

Last Edited:
I don't mind at all paying, several of the streaming services I pay for pay a fee to the people who own the show to let me watch it without the noise. Now when I DVR stuff not sure how that works out where I can skip past the crap. Guess they will figure out some way to make their money. I guess I just got spoiled not watching that crap. Now and then when skipping past commercials on something recorded something will catch my eye and make me actually back up and watch it. So they are capable of making commercials people want to watch. I kicked the NFL to the curb years ago but, when I was still watching them? Super Bowel I used to keep recording while game was on as I did not want to miss the commercials when I was going to the can or to get some more food. When they were paying that much they could make stuff people wanted to see. :D
I won't even watch Amazon videos since they started putting commercials in the video that come with my paid subscription. I called and complained about it and the lady said, "They're really not commercials, we just want to inform you of what's available." BS. Just because they're commercials for Amazon, that doesn't make them not commercials anymore. :rolleyes:

I won't even watch Amazon videos since they started putting commercials in the video that come with my paid subscription. I called and complained about it and the lady said, "They're really not commercials, we just want to inform you of what's available." BS. Just because they're commercials for Amazon, that doesn't make them not commercials anymore. :rolleyes:
Really odd dynamic they got there, but a load of BS nonetheless.

I grew up with TV. Dad repaired "Electronics" of the time shortly after TVs became mainstream. We had FIVE TVs in my house in, I'd say, 1967?
With that said I don't watch a lot of TV. Usually not on during the day. As I get to working on dinner I'll find something to run in the background. But come 7:00pm we watch TV. I've found that if I "Pause" what ever as we're getting ready to sit down and eat/clean up dinner I can fast forward through the commercials, sometimes, almost 'til we got to bed a 10:00.

Now! WTF is with these companies that think having some tone-deaf idiot sing their jingle is going to get people wanting a "Whoppertm", for instance?

I grew up with TV. Dad repaired "Electronics" of the time shortly after TVs became mainstream. We had FIVE TVs in my house in, I'd say, 1967?
With that said I don't watch a lot of TV. Usually not on during the day. As I get to working on dinner I'll find something to run in the background. But come 7:00pm we watch TV. I've found that if I "Pause" what ever as we're getting ready to sit down and eat/clean up dinner I can fast forward through the commercials, sometimes, almost 'til we got to bed a 10:00.

Now! WTF is with these companies that think having some tone-deaf idiot sing their jingle is going to get people wanting a "Whoppertm", for instance?
I well remember that first DVR. I had wanted to get one, Wife was really poo pooing it for cost. We did have and were running 2 VCR's to record shows we both wanted to watch together and my schedule and hers so different. When I bought our first HD TV to get HD we had to get a new box from the cable Co. It came with a DVR built in. Like so many "new things" as soon as you try it you don't want to go back. That was the first thing I loved. Watching the news or such and when commercial time hit I hit pause. Went and did what ever, would come back and be able to skip past more crap. Wife too who had been so against a DVR was soon not to be without one mainly for that. The pausing live TV was such a big deal then :D

I well remember that first DVR. I had wanted to get one, Wife was really poo pooing it for cost. We did have and were running 2 VCR's to record shows we both wanted to watch together and my schedule and hers so different. When I bought our first HD TV to get HD we had to get a new box from the cable Co. It came with a DVR built in. Like so many "new things" as soon as you try it you don't want to go back. That was the first thing I loved. Watching the news or such and when commercial time hit I hit pause. Went and did what ever, would come back and be able to skip past more crap. Wife too who had been so against a DVR was soon not to be without one mainly for that. The pausing live TV was such a big deal then :D
Never did the DVR. I was afraid I wouldn't be able to figure it out. :oops: Back in the day, WE had, one o' them VCRs. You could record AND Play. :s0112: We'd record one channel while watching another. Hi-Tec man!

I'd say another thing that gets me is when stores give you a giant bag, especially the more rigid paper bags with the handles on them, for a small item or two as opposed to a more appropriate sized bag. Granted, sometimes they might run out of a certain bag size, but it just feels weird carrying a large bag with almost nothing in it.

I'd say another thing that gets me is when stores give you a giant bag, especially the more rigid paper bags with the handles on them, for a small item or two as opposed to a more appropriate sized bag. Granted, sometimes they might run out of a certain bag size, but it just feels weird carrying a large bag with almost nothing in it.
I like that - those bags are useful for reuse.

The bags I hate are the smaller grocery bags at the Dollar Store - thinner paper and smaller - they rip before I get them home.

Upcoming Events

Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
  • Stanwood, WA
Oregon Arms Collectors June 2024 Gun Show
  • Portland, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
  • Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
  • Springfield, OR

New Classified Ads

Back Top